You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 99>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

No panic in here then Cry
I’ll try the Obafemi thread instead so 
LOL
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:59pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Probably because Pukki is a better player.

No no no, not having this at all. Its a conspiracy I tell you. He needs to get out of there ASAP.

On a serious note I’m not bothered he’s not starting but I was suspecting Norwich may have gone 2 up top this year and they seemingly aren’t. Puuki Hugill and Idah are fair options to have but will Idah suffer from lack of consistent game time. 

Great he scored last week for them and if he’s scoring goals as important as the one last week then hel get game time but still I wouldn’t be remotely bothered to see him go on loan to another Championship side or even a promotion chasing League 1 side for a year if it meant him playing every week.. 

I doubt he's going anywhere.

Their only playing the second game of the season, and he came off the bench and scored in the first game!

He's clearly in the managers plans.

The fact is that Farke has decided to play one up top and it happens to be Pukki.

I know that was just making the point I wouldn’t mind seeing him go out on loan I know he won’t 😂 Will he play is the thing and I mean by that will he playing regularly or will it be just sporadic appearances off the bench. Norwich are losing at the moment I think.

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Sep 2020 at 4:07pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

No panic in here then Cry
I’ll try the Obafemi thread instead so 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:00pm
He was sent-off deep in injury time today.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He was sent-off deep in injury time today.

Looked harsh...put his hand in the guys face but not much to it.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:44pm
Open to correction on this one, but if my maths are right Idah has played more minutes for Ireland than Norwich this season.

There's no comparison between him and Randolph as we've zero competition for him at this time, but yeah if Idah can't get regular minutes at Norwich between now and Christmas he will need to look for a loan move imo. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm
Ye I don't think he should be starting until he's playing games. He's not sharp enough at the moment.

Has a lot of potential but not physical enough yet to lead the line on his own.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:18pm
James Collins got three efforts on target and gave the Wales defence more problems in the short time he was on. Whatever his limitations, he is probably our best chance for a goal at the moment and should start against Bulgaria, whom he scored against on his debut. Idah will be a top player, I believe, but he needs to get regular games for Norwich to get up to speed.

Edited by Green Cockade - 15 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
Hourihane is playing more for ireland than villa too. Villa has played 6 games since the last group of international games and didn't play a second of football for them. Sat on the bench all games.

Cant imagine idah is ready though, agree that Collins offered more in 15 mins 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
idahs problem is the same as it has been for years of underage football, poor first touch and often uncoordinated in his movement. ideally he should stay with the 21s for a while, connolly is the only of the young strikers ready for senior
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:37pm
Majority of strikers will struggle being completely isolated with no support, having the ball played to them with their back to goal and under pressure from an opposition centre back, having to drop deep to lay the ball off.

Set up for failure by our ridiculous tactics but despite that, clearly out of his depth for international football at the moment.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Majority of strikers will struggle being completely isolated with no support, having the ball played to them with their back to goal and under pressure from an opposition centre back, having to drop deep to lay the ball off.

Set up for failure by our ridiculous tactics but despite that, clearly out of his depth for international football at the moment.

You could argue that idah hasn't achieved anything in senior football yet. Idah hasn't done anything wrong but hasn't done anything right either 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:44pm
He's still only 19. He's not quite ready yet for senior international football. That doesn't mean he has no potential, just needs more time. Kenny needs to take him out of the firing line on Tuesday
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:56pm
good young lad, on his work experience 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:30pm
Some of his hold up play was very good, came up against a very decent defender in Rodon! Hopefully he can continue to progress.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:41pm
He doesn’t look up to it at this level - for now anyway. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Open to correction on this one, but if my maths are right Idah has played more minutes for Ireland than Norwich this season.

There's no comparison between him and Randolph as we've zero competition for him at this time, but yeah if Idah can't get regular minutes at Norwich between now and Christmas he will need to look for a loan move imo. 

I remember saying on this page I’m sure when they signe Hughill that I would have preferred Idah going out on loan even if it was to a top half League 1 team at his age getting 30-40 games is the key even if it’s a League below his level it’s irrelevant it will bring him on a tonne. Cameos for Norwich which he has done well in won’t develop him. 

Huge problem in English football is youth development and giving young players chances even hoards of English lads are f**king off to Germany the Germans identified and have pretty much an operation bring in English talent so if it’s affecting them imagine how it’s effecting ourselves. 
Molumby Kelleher Obafemi Smallbone Connell etc as well so many examples of talented young lads at that age that aren’t getting the game time they need this year. 

It’s a big reason why we will struggle to produce players in the future. Kelleher was due to go to Holland Cullen at Anderlecht moves like that will be huge in the long term for us as it will encourage other Irish lads to go out foreign where they will get more games/opportunities to break into first teams. 

The two Southampton lads I mentioned there Oba and Smallbone if they aren’t getting games or making squads why haven’t they or the club/manager made an effort to fire them off on loan moves at that age the level is irrelevant actually young players are better off playing a League below their ceiling for the game time where they will still learn and improve by default. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Nov 2020 at 8:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 99>
  Share Topic