You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 99>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 4:55am
only last summer people sl*gging him on here that his touch was sh*t and he only good in age groups cos of his size 🙄
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:35pm
Given the circumstances and his relative inexperience at senior level football, it's one of the best penalties if not the best I've seen from any Irish player. 

Denis Irwin was a fantastic penalty taker and scored soem very important ones for United but Idah's one last night takes some beating. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:52pm
He won't be considered for Slovakia (and potential final match) if he go off what Mick said about not being games for debuts
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 7:51pm
Playing well for Norwich since he came on 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:33pm
Good to see he's in and around the 1st team.
Will be in the Championship next season, barring rampant prayers paying off, and then U'd like to think he'll see a lot more gametime.
Looks like he'd be well able to cause issues at that level even at his young age.
I'd say he will be in SK's squad in Sept or v close to it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:46pm
Our forward options really are improving.

I would say the hierarchy would be -

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

Not a lot of goals though.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

Robinson a far better option than most of them especially McGuire who's not up to this level
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
There isnt a lot of goals at PL level but there is enough there to work with. There should be enough goals to help us win matched i believe if Kenny can get the best out of them. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:14pm
Ya, Robinson's still ahead of at least four of them.

The goals will come, early days yet.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:00am

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

Robinson a far better option than most of them especially McGuire who's not up to this level

Connolly, Obafemi and Idah will develop into big goal scorers. I think the others are what the are. Idah in particular will score lots of goals with his physique and pace
It's not me it's you:-)
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Connolly, Obafemi and Idah will develop into big goal scorers. I think the others are what the are. Idah in particular will score lots of goals with his physique and pace

Of those, Idah is the most out-and-out old-school centre forward of the lot.
The other two may find themselves shunted wide a lot, to accommodate a centre-forward, which SK will only play one of.
Norwich had him wide yesterday and he is not suited to it...looked slow and unhappy trying to make things happen with the ball.
He needs it in front of goal and he could well be very dangerous there.

Overall though, the three lads are just full of potential.  Time will tell where their ceilings lie.  I'm as hopeful as the next man and the best hope is we see all three on the pitch at the same time some day for the senior side.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

1. Mcgoldrick 
2. Long
3. Obafemi
4. Connolly 
5. Maguire
6. Idah

Idah and Parrott are our best prospects in my opinion. Long and McGoldrick are short-term - and I don't see any of the others, including Robinson, rising above Championship level. Making us capable of scoring more than one goal against quality opposition is the acid test for Stephen Kenny. 

Strange comment seeing as we scored a total of 4 goals in 4 games against Gibraltar/Georgia. 

Also surely the main objective when playing quality opposition is to be tight and compact, scoring once may well be enough to win/draw games if we're well organised and have a genuine game plan.

I hope Kenny isn't naive enough to think we are capable of going toe to toe with the elite sides in Europe, we aren't. It's when we're playing against similar ranked sides and below that should be treated as our bread and butter where we should setting the tempo and looking to kill teams off.

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Jun 2020 at 3:54pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:47pm
@Mir Bick, In the last scenario those teams were Denmark and Switzerland - McCarthy played "tight and compact" like you advocate above - and you lambasted him for it. 

Denmark and Switzerland aren't elite teams so it's not comparing like for like really is it? Elite sides are the likes of Germany, France, Spain etc so while Denmark and Switzerland are better sides than us, they aren't miles ahead of us at the same time if we had our strongest 11 available especially over the coming months seeing our panel getting better with all the young lads coming through.

I lambasted McCarthy because his mantra is to go out and not lose as opposed to try and go and win a game. You can be tight and compact and still look to actually win a game! Provided you have a proper game plan, something that was devoid under McCarthy.

Anyhow, hopefully we have a bright future and signs are at least positive that better days are to come especially if a lot of these young guns fulfil their potential.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:06pm
Would expect Idah to see a lot more game time in the Championship next season.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
Wouldn't be surprised if he started tomorrow. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Would expect Idah to see a lot more game time in the Championship next season.
Idah thought so 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 99>
  Share Topic