Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:04pm
Signed a new contract at Norwich until 2023 and has joined up with the senior team squad for pre season
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:07pm
Hopefully he might get a loan move to a championship club - Playing games will obviously help him.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:43pm
He seems to have a lot of doubters on here despite his very impressive goal scoring record at various youth levels. Delighted for him, hopefully he can get plenty of senior appearances this season Clap

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 04 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hopefully he might get a loan move to a championship club - Playing games will obviously help him.

Dont think he's up to the level of championship level striker, Connelly who I think is a better player went to a League One team. Idah will probably go to FC Dordrecht on loan, might be the Dutch second division but I think some time in Holland would be beneficial for developing his technical side of things.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:36pm
Idah (18), Connolly (19), Obefemi (18) and potentially Parrott (17) all in 1st team premier league squads. When have we ever had that number of quality young attackers in this situation?! It's nuts. Surely to fook Lord, one of them has to come good and end our international goal famine up front.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Idah (18), Connolly (19), Obefemi (18) and potentially Parrott (17) all in 1st team premier league squads.

This means SFA.

What matters is that these lads are playing games and scoring goals.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Idah (18), Connolly (19), Obefemi (18) and potentially Parrott (17) all in 1st team premier league squads.

This means SFA.

Well...duh

They have to be in 1st team squad in the first place to play them games and score those goals. 

My point still stands. Opportunity has arisen for a crazy amount of under  age attackers all at once (from an Irish perspective) Show me a time where we had that many under age attackers in premier League first team? I'm coming at it from the glass half full, they bought the lottery ticket, you need to be "in to win" perspective. 
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:45pm

This means SFA.

Well...duh

They have to be in 1st team squad in the first place to play them games and score those goals. 

My point still stands. Opportunity has arisen for a crazy amount of under  age attackers all at once (from an Irish perspective) Show me a time where we had that many under age attackers in premier League first team? I'm coming at it from the glass half full, they bought the lottery ticket, you need to be "in to win" perspective. 

Ali Reghba signed for Leicester as well so including McGoldrick and Long (and maybe even Hogan who knows) that’s seven or eight potential premier league strikers we may have next season. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 1:07am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

This means SFA.

Well...duh

Ali Reghba signed for Leicester as well so including McGoldrick and Long (and maybe even Hogan who knows) that’s seven or eight potential premier league strikers we may have next season. 
But Sadly not one starter
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
Hard not to agree with Horsebox on this one. While it's great that they are at PL clubs, until they start playing, and performing well, there's no point in getting carried away.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 11:17am

This means SFA.

Well...duh

I've more chance of playingfor Leicesternext season 

Edited by nvidic - 06 Jul 2019 at 11:18am
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

This means SFA.

Well...duh

I've more chance of playingfor Leicesternext season 

We need to tie nvidic down. He has to start versus Switzerland.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:09pm
Fair point.  Law of averages you would hope er get one from that bunch.  But as others have said it's a long way to go to make the next step. Hard work and a bit of luck required. 

Huge step up even from championship.  In the past Long, Doyle, Connolly, David Kelly were top scorers in championship but struggled big time at next level. 
It's not me it's you:-)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:25pm
I'd hardly say Long or Doyle struggled at EPL level, both had lengthy and reasonably successful careers there.
We're decent enough..
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:58pm
Doyle definitely didn’t struggle at premier league level. I don’t think long has either although his scoring record isn’t great.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:26pm
In terms of longevity, I'd actually say Long has had the better Premier League career than Doyle. In any case, they've both been useful top level players.
We're decent enough..
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:00pm
really depends on your definition of struggle.  Long has had a few bright patches between the long baron spells. Doyle's first 6 months were excellent then the goals dried up.  None were exactly prolific!
It's not me it's you:-)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 6:54pm
They were both 1st choice starters for their clubs.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>
  Share Topic