You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adam Idah
    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:13pm
Looks like a real prospect, slotted in very comfortably whenever he's risen in level, whether its U17 to U19 for Ireland or Academy to U23 for Norwich.  Will probably be in our next U21 panel at this rate.

Does anyone have a sense of how far he is off a first team appearance for Norwich?

Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:29pm
Slots the winner against the Dutch at U-18:  Clap

https://www.balls.ie/football/adam-idah-goal-netherlands-401186  

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:13pm
Is he properly Irish or will there be more mickeying around with dual nationalities?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:21pm
Nigerian dad, Irish mother so yes he's "properly" Irish, whatever that means

Edited by bhob - 19 Nov 2018 at 4:22pm
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Nigerian dad, Irish mother so yes he's "properly" Irish, whatever that means

I mean someone who wont be f*cking around like Rice
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
Born and bred in Cark.

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 19 Nov 2018 at 6:24pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:39am
I think it was PM who said it and after seeing the video of the goal it rings true even more. Exciting prospect all right but we should curb our expectations of him until we see him in action against players with the same, if not greater, physicality than him. He looks huge at that age level. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:45am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think it was PM who said it and after seeing the video of the goal it rings true even more. Exciting prospect all right but we should curb our expectations of him until we see him in action against players with the same, if not greater, physicality than him. He looks huge at that age level. 

Doing very well for Norwich at U23 though
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:59am
I should have said first team football, U23's should be taken with a pinch of salt given it's uncompetitive nature.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 5:31pm
Nice article on Adam Idah & Co.

He and Aaron Connolly  have been particularly prolific in PL2 - first and third top scorers in the league, respectively (Connolly was top scorer before he got injured). 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 4:39pm
Two more goals for the U21s today against China makes it 21 goals in 31 appearances at underage for Ireland.  

Must make him our highest cumulative scorer at underage of all time? 

Only 4 off being all-time top scorer for U21s of all time already.  He'll surely make that unless he gets drafted by Mick.  

Some going.

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 03 Jun 2019 at 5:15pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 6:16pm
He's a ways off senior football based on todays showing. He was probably our worst player, nothing really came off for him bar the two penalties.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:18pm
Give the lad a break he had a bad game. One bad game does not define an  u18 International player playing whats more or less a mans team . He showed great composure to score 2 lovley penos. 2 goals not bad for someone who wasnt at the races.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:31pm
I'm not writing him off, nor am I judging him only off one performance. I've always had worries that his size and power comparative to his underage opponents would mask technical deficiencies, and I've seen little to alay those fears. He's got plenty of time to improve those areas of his game, but they will need to be addressed.
We're decent enough..
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:11pm

Edited by DalyerRegular - 04 Jun 2019 at 9:34pm
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:16pm
The other fellow Drinnan looked the better number 9 of them.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 03 Jun 2019 at 9:17pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:18pm
I though Idah had a good game:

1. arguably got the assist for the first goal - stepped over it/put off the defender who missed it and went out to an unmarked Elbouzedi.  Either way, he was in the right place at the right time, disrupted their defence and contributed to the goal.

2. similar in goal no 2 (I'm aware that Masterson won the header for the assist, but he was there or there abouts).

3.  held the ball up very well - showed for it every time, no fear; and laid it off to team-mates to get moves going.

4. scored two goals, albeit penos.

If he can keep up that level of performance and return, he'll be doing well. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 3:30am
The current all-time u21 top scorer is Robbie Brady with 7. Idah has scored 4 in 2 games.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
  Share Topic