You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 62>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It is unbelievable! People think that Mick, with all respect to him, can turn this shower of sh*t into a team that can get results off the Dutch and English, in a couple of months without a friendly. The **** must have been born in a stable in Barnsley!

Fair enough if you think that and you may well be right, I was laughing at the fact that you called me deluded for thinking we could knick a point off England and then 20 mins later you say you think we can beat France Home and Away!
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:53pm
There has to be some sort of basis in reality!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

I'd be happy with Holland from pot 1. Think we could definitely get at least two draws. They are still starting Ryan Babel ffs. I know they've had a good couple of months but they've been utterly rancid for the previous 3 or 4 years. Good away trip too
they recently made France look like a pub team. No thanks 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:04pm

I think we could beat France home and away.

At what?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

At what?
Drinking and buggery
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

At what?
I see no reason why we can't beat them at football or, failing that, sarcasm...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:47pm

It is unbelievable! People think that Mick, with all respect to him, can turn this shower of sh*t into a team that can get results off the Dutch and English, in a couple of months without a friendly. The **** must have been born in a stable in Barnsley!
And they said the normans became more Irish than the Irish themselves.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Fair enough if you think that and you may well be right, I was laughing at the fact that you called me deluded for thinking we could knick a point off England and then 20 mins later you say you think we can beat France Home and Away!
In no way was I being sarcastic...
And, unless you are talking about underwear, it's nick!

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Nov 2018 at 8:50pm
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:48pm
Poland
Czechs
Us
Estonia
Gibraltar
San Marino

Would be the ideal I think, no idea if it can be done or not. Would be happy enough with the Swedes in pot 2 as well. Need to avoid Georgia again and would not like Kosovo from pot 5. When we inevitably draw France, Germany, Greece, Kosovo, Latvia and we may as well just wait and see what the story is with the playoff. LOL 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:57pm
Please Christ we won't draw Georgia again, same with Wales and Denmark 

Germany in pot 2 will also be nice to avoid 

If we get a 5 team group than we have could have the first match day free too play a friendly 

Hopefully the luck of hosting the draw will go in our favour

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:27am
Do the countries get to decide the fixture lists between themselves or is that all computerised now? 

Ideally we want to start off with some games against the bottom teams.

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Do the countries get to decide the fixture lists between themselves or is that all computerised now? 

Ideally we want to start off with some games against the bottom teams.

UEFA now decide that as they control the centralised tv deal
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

If we get a 5 team group than we have could have the first match day free too play a friendly 

I would despair (and I think so would the FAI ticketing/marketing departments!) if we were to get this 'Groundhog Day' 5-team group:

Poland
Denmark
Us
Georgia
Gibraltar

Btw, if we do get a 5-team group, I think the only month we'd be free to play any friendlies v Oman (sure we might as well with that group. WinkLOL) would be June.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I would despair (and I think so would the FAI ticketing/marketing departments!) if we were to get this 'Groundhog Day' 5-team group:

Poland
Denmark
Us
Georgia
Gibraltar

Btw, if we do get a 5-team group, I think the only month we'd be free to play any friendlies v Oman (sure we might as well with that group. WinkLOL) would be June.

As far as I know we can only get a 5 team group if we draw England, Switzerland, Portugal or Netherlands (Nations League semi finalists). 
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:38am
don't think they would worry about selling tickets for Poland at home
Come on Irelind
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Poland
Denmark
Us
Georgia
Gibraltar

As far as I know we can only get a 5 team group if we draw England, Switzerland, Portugal or Netherlands (Nations League semi finalists). 
They'll be in groups A-D but we could also potentially be in Group E which is a 5-team group. The remaining 5 groups (F-J) are 6-team groups.

Still, hopefully JD and his UEFA buddies have those balls in the microwave so they'll avoid pulling them out for the same group.  It would be great if we could get a few teams we haven't played in ages, or at all eg Ukraine or Slovenia.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Martial law in the Ukraine at the minute. Pretty volatile situation. I'd rather avoid that unless it led to us getting the away game at a neutral venue. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Martial law in the Ukraine at the minute. Pretty volatile situation. I'd rather avoid that unless it led to us getting the away game at a neutral venue. 

jesus lads someone tell Steve Amsterdam to turn off the news. Him and political tension in Ukraine don't go too well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 62>
  Share Topic