You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rip Off Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doolz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 10:50pm
Auld Dubliner €7.75 a pint of Coors! !
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Doolz101 Doolz101 wrote:

Auld Dubliner €7.75 a pint of Coors! !

It's Temple Bar ffs are you only realizing this now 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:11pm
Such a delicious beer would be cheap at twice the price.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:44pm
How long until pints hit a tenner in Temple Bar?! I'm guessing Euro 2020....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

How long until pints hit a tenner in Temple Bar?! I'm guessing Euro 2020....

Possibly depending on who's playing here.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:40am
pints 1.50 in diceys yest Clap
AmnesiaDays View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmnesiaDays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 2:39am
6.70 for a pint of peroni in the f***in living room Stern Smile
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 5:29am
Dicey's has great deals at times, €2 a drink on bank holiday Sundays is unreal value.

No point complaining about the price of pints in places like the Auld Dub, Oliver St. Johns, and other tourist traps. Similar pricing in tourist traps in most European cities.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 7:59am
I don't think I have ever drank in Temple Bar in all my times in Dublin
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:08am
€3.50 for a can of 7-up in Slattery's and the Bath pubs on Saturday.

€1.50 for the same in the local in Cork which is more than enough.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:33am
Funny thing about the price of a pint. Everyone will always pay it. And then complain.  Or complain and then buy another for the same price.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Dicey's has great deals at times, €2 a drink on bank holiday Sundays is unreal value.

No point complaining about the price of pints in places like the Auld Dub, Oliver St. Johns, and other tourist traps. Similar pricing in tourist traps in most European cities.

Pity the bouncers are f**king bellends.

Hate most bouncers everywhere but the level of gobsh*teness is double the norm in Diceys
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
The bouncers in every place on that street are the same unfortunately.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
Diceys is a complete kip. Would rather pay the temple bar prices than be subject to that kip

God knows what slip they serve 

Edited by Pipkin - 18 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:07am

Diceys is a grand place to start a session. It's dirt cheap, has a couple of large side conference style rooms which is decent for watching big matches and is absolutely full of beautiful Brazilian women. It's best to get in early and leave in the late evening before night time when it's mobbed and hard to get to the bar. Also, a €5 sirloin steak sandwich with chips and pepper sauce is serious value. 

The bouncers are dopes alright and are a bit trigger happy in terms of laying down the law but I can understand that dealing with a packed place full of people who have been gargling €2 pints for 8 hours can be stressful.
El Puto Amo
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:28am
Blah there's a reason it's 2 quid I'd hate the idea of sitting in a nightclub in the afternoon just to save 3 quid a pint. As for Temple Bar what do you expect though its for Tourists that want constant live music 7 nights a week and through the day times. No reason to visit the area plenty of cheaper and better pints on offer a stones throw away from it 

Edited by irelandfan - 18 Oct 2018 at 11:30am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Blah there's a reason it's 2 quid I'd hate the idea of sitting in a nightclub in the afternoon just to save 3 quid a pint. As for Temple Bar what do you expect though its for Tourists that want constant live music 7 nights a week and through the day times. No reason to visit the area plenty of cheaper and better pints on offer a stones throw away from it 

I'm surrounded by Philistines with no appreciation for the visual wonderland that is groups of beautiful foreign women seductively dancing rhythmically early in the day. Thumbs Down Of course the pints are better quality elsewhere. Anyway, I only popped in to protest the inclusion of Diceys in the Rip Off Pubs thread. I'll leave you gargle monkeys to it. 
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Diceys is a grand place to start a session. It's dirt cheap, has a couple of large side conference style rooms which is decent for watching big matches and is absolutely full of beautiful Brazilian women. It's best to get in early and leave in the late evening before night time when it's mobbed and hard to get to the bar. Also, a €5 sirloin steak sandwich with chips and pepper sauce is serious value. 

The bouncers are dopes alright and are a bit trigger happy in terms of laying down the law but I can understand that dealing with a packed place full of people who have been gargling €2 pints for 8 hours can be stressful.
And all trying to lob one into the Juanitas and Consuellas.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic