You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

our youth set up is producing our best talent in years, abundance of good players emerging currently at many ages. not being as good as england who have freak generations coming through is hardly an indictment. expectations need to be realistic

Our youth system is producing the best emerging potential we've had in 15 years but its unrealised potential at the moment. 

We've had a fair few players that looked like they could step up to a good level like Conor Clifford and they've not lived up to the expectation.

But I would agree that oshea, knight and connolly are exceeding expectation in such a short time so far 
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Spurs brought on a 16 year old strker tonight. Troy might not even be there best young striking prospect

Seen that too, Dane scarlett, scored four goals in a recent u23 game I believ and is only 16. Looks like another real talent coming through for England. 

Sadly our youth system is light years behind them. Two Keanes still the last talent of any note and both have long retired...

I think you are missing a few players there ...

What about ;
Seamus
Doherty 
O’Shea
Finnan
Harte
Kelly 
Dunne 

And that’s just defenders - they were all good premier league players 

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

our youth set up is producing our best talent in years, abundance of good players emerging currently at many ages. not being as good as england who have freak generations coming through is hardly an indictment. expectations need to be realistic
Fed up with this. Wake me up when someone has emerged and is delivering. 

stay asleep, you seem a type who thinks a player is failed if it is not messi or ronaldo. more than a dozen have emerged in the last year at various levels and are doing well
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:06am

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Spurs brought on a 16 year old strker tonight. Troy might not even be there best young striking prospect

Seen that too, Dane scarlett, scored four goals in a recent u23 game I believ and is only 16. Looks like another real talent coming through for England. 

Sadly our youth system is light years behind them. Two Keanes still the last talent of any note and both have long retired...

The names of these lads Dane Scarlet and Troy Parrott LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:08am
Industrial set ups The Europeans have . Love it . The sort of thing nine inch nails would have aspired to as teenagers 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:28am
Dane Scarlet sounds like the name of a character from a 1930's murder mystery novel.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

With the industrial set ups that European countries have for producing players now you'd wonder how we will ever get to that level with our youth. I think our talent pool is becoming more and more diluted with the popularity of rugby and GAA and nothing to inspire young kids from a football perspective given how sh*te we've been. 

There has been huge strides made in the development of young footballers/systems in Ireland as your seeing in recent years by the volume in the U21 squad for example. 
Huge issue now is that the platform we are relying on is English football and with the money in the English game young development is not seeing as the priority. 
Kelleher Molumby Idah Smallbone Obafemi Connell Travers all really talented lads we have not playing football matches this year and they at the ages where they need to be playing for their development.

There are hoards of English lads starting to go out foreign to breakthrough now because of this don’t mind Irish Scottish or Welsh lads the latter 2 are no different to us. 
We are even more disadvantaged then the Scottish and Welsh lads again in that being British is still you could argue considered a talent by the British football media etc and will get slight precedence in academy’s etc. 

I was gutted to to here that a proposed Kelleher loan move to Holland broke down as that would have been a huge move in terms of helping set this precedent especially with Cullen going to Anderlecht as well. Our young lads need to start moving to Leagues where it is actually in the clubs interest to give them opportunities/develop them due to not having the volume of money to buy the finished article English clubs have.

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Nov 2020 at 11:26am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:36am
I think we're in the awkward position where we didn't have players coming through for the best part of a decade. The current players were getting older and not naturally being replaced with a younger generation.

This is why we needed to persist with a 36 year old Whelan and players like Shane Long (who was just not playing club football.)

Now that we have the young players come through at last, we are trying to fasttrack them even though they should probably all still be in the u21 and development.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:39am

stay asleep, you seem a type who thinks a player is failed if it is not messi or ronaldo. more than a dozen have emerged in the last year at various levels and are doing well
And you're delusional if you believe Molumby, Knight, Cullen, Curtis, Byrne and Browne etc are about to morph into game changers as they succeed Hourihane, Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick. Up front, Idah looks average, Obafemi overrated and arrogant, Parrott - anyone's guess, and Connolly (when he manages to stay on his feet) good enough. Our best forward by a stretch, in my book, has been Wycombe  pine rider Daryl Horgan - and Kenny dragged him in both games. March can't come slow enough. 

Tbf who said they were going to be world beaters?? The point is these lads are all featuring/have featured for their clubs at the ages of 18-19-20 at a volume that we haven’t seen Irish lads do in years if at all. Obafemi overrated sums it up a just turned 20yo who clearly has shown temperament but also flashes of ability thst have clearly been showcased.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

And you're delusional if you believe Molumby, Knight, Cullen, Curtis, Byrne and Browne etc are about to morph into game changers as they succeed Hourihane, Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick. Up front, Idah looks average, Obafemi overrated and arrogant, Parrott - anyone's guess, and Connolly (when he manages to stay on his feet) good enough. Our best forward by a stretch, in my book, has been Wycombe  pine rider Daryl Horgan - and Kenny dragged him in both games. March can't come slow enough. 

Tbf who said they were going to be world beaters?? The point is these lads are all featuring/have featured for their clubs at the ages of 18-19-20 at a volume that we haven’t seen Irish lads do in years if at all. Obafemi overrated sums it up a just turned 20yo who clearly has shown temperament but also flashes of ability thst have clearly been showcased.

I remember in the 90s we had Mark Kennedy, Connolly, Keith O'Neill, Kenna, Babb all found it hard gong despite being hyped up

Making it has never been harder in England - th erise of the English League has seen our fortines demise, not a coincidence.

Learning European languages should really be drilled in to our younger players, I imagine the vast majority have no second language which really curtails a players perspective. Main reason putting off a move to the continent.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:41pm
Normally I'd call this pure clickbait, but I actually think that Dane Scarlett's introduction last night may be more significant than some are saying:

Tim Sherwood has told the Kelly and Wrighty show that Jose Mourinho told Daniel Levy that Troy Parrott, Oliver Skipp and Kyle Walker-Peters are ‘not good enough’ for Tottenham.

Three of those players departed Spurs this summer, Walker-Peters was sold to Southampton, whilst the other two are on-loan in the Championship.

The loaned out duo, especially Parrott who is still a teenager, they still have a lot to prove and they will be hoping that their stints at Millwall and Norwich, respectively, will shape them to become regulars in the future.

But Sherwood thinks, Mourinho has said one thing in public about the Spurs players, but once the ink on his contract has dried, he has said the opposite to Levy.

“Jose Mourinho has gone in there, Troy Parrott’s not good enough, Walker-Peters is not good enough, Oliver Skipp,” said Sherwood. “Not only not good enough. He gets rid of them. He gets them away from the football club.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/tim-sherwood-claims-tottenham-boss-told-daniel-levy-3-players-not-good-enough/

Meanwhile, young Scarlett could have something about him - future Spurs captain?

https://httpwww.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/who-is-dane-scarlett-jose-mourinho-names-in-form-teenager-on-tottenham-bench/

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Normally I'd call this pure clickbait, but I actually think that Dane Scarlett's introduction last night may be more significant than some are saying:

Tim Sherwood has told the Kelly and Wrighty show that Jose Mourinho told Daniel Levy that Troy Parrott, Oliver Skipp and Kyle Walker-Peters are ‘not good enough’ for Tottenham.

Three of those players departed Spurs this summer, Walker-Peters was sold to Southampton, whilst the other two are on-loan in the Championship.

The loaned out duo, especially Parrott who is still a teenager, they still have a lot to prove and they will be hoping that their stints at Millwall and Norwich, respectively, will shape them to become regulars in the future.

But Sherwood thinks, Mourinho has said one thing in public about the Spurs players, but once the ink on his contract has dried, he has said the opposite to Levy.

“Jose Mourinho has gone in there, Troy Parrott’s not good enough, Walker-Peters is not good enough, Oliver Skipp,” said Sherwood. “Not only not good enough. He gets rid of them. He gets them away from the football club.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/tim-sherwood-claims-tottenham-boss-told-daniel-levy-3-players-not-good-enough/

Meanwhile, young Scarlett could have something about him - future Spurs captain?

https://httpwww.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/26/who-is-dane-scarlett-jose-mourinho-names-in-form-teenager-on-tottenham-bench/

I think although everything you are saying there is correct terri, I also think it should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. 

The same players get written off and hyped up on a minute by minute basis.

Tim sherwood is not an expert in this area as there are no experts in predicting which players will go from potential to superstar.

Mourinhos is very much best placed to make judgements of course but he's also the manager who didn't really see the potential in de bruyne and Salah when they were at Chelsea. In addition the number of players that Mourinho has brought in over the years that have been (lack of a better word) duds is shocking. 

You can suggest the Mourinho has no say in transfers but thats just make believe.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:19pm

Tim sherwood is not an expert in this area as there are no experts in predicting which players will go from potential to superstar.

No expert, but he is very pally with Levy, so may have inside info.

Mourinhos is very much best placed to make judgements of course but he's also the manager who didn't really see the potential in de bruyne and Salah when they were at Chelsea. In addition the number of players that Mourinho has brought in over the years that have been (lack of a better word) duds is shocking. 
Tbh, it's more a question of personality with Mourinho than ability i.e. it doesn't matter if your boots fit if your face doesn't.

And yes, he has got rid of good players while recruiting duds etc, but that's no reassurance for any players still on the books at Spurs whom he doesn't rate.

You can suggest the Mourinho has no say in transfers but thats just make believe.
Quite the contrary.

Unlike Poch and previous managers, Mourinho certainly does look to have a big say in transfers, in and out.

Which is good news if he likes you (eg Hojbjerg in from Saints for £15m), but bad if he doesn't (eg KW-P out to Saints for £12m)
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:25pm

We're excited about Parrott and Connolly but last year Four-Four-Two magazine rated 36 prospects above Parrott and didn't rate Connolly at all. It doesn't mean they won't deliver - but it does mean our optimism should be tempered by realism. 

The same goes for Stephen Kenny. All things considered, he's been hard challenged in unprecedented times but he deserves little more than a conditional Pass. Confidence in his methods has taken a big hit. If results don't improve, especially when spectators return, he'll be sacked. Nothing surer.

In that scenario, as some poster said recently, he won't get an interview at Leyton Orient. And he can rule out motivational speaking too. 

The same magazine that had Ben Woodburn 12th LOLLOLLOL

So there's 24 places between those two, cmon!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:28pm
So you’re saying he buys players he likes and sells players he doesn’t like...

Wow... you learn something new everyday 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:32pm
Parrott might turn out to not be good enough for Spurs. Spurs are you’d imagine, comfortably in the top 20 club sides in the world. If Parrott turns out to be good enough for a mid ranking PL side or Italian, German or Spanish side, that would be fine. We want our players playing in the CL and for the top teams but it doesn’t matter as long as they do well for Ireland.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:33pm
Mourinho also thought Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah were sh*te.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:10pm
Mouriniho only rates young players unless they are British, thats obvious especially when you look at how he treated De Bruyne for instance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 250>
  Share Topic