You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

In hindsight, another season at MK Dons would have been more beneficial.

It's not looking likely that he'll become a PL striker like many would have predicted 3 years ago.

You'd think he was out of the team or playing sh*te....he's crocked at the moment! Are you saying MK Don's physios are better. Actually Lowe was complaining about Prestons ones so you might have a pointLOL

He was playing sh*te before he got injured, One (lucky) goal in 900 minutes of Championship football this season prior to the injury. PNE have brought in Delap and Cannon in the window just gone and Troy has yet to start since his return from injury. Looks like he may have his work cut out to force his way back in to the first XI at PNE and that being the case, his position in the Irish squad surely comes under threat with Idah fit again, Obafemi getting his move, Ferguson emerging and Connolly back starting. In any case he certainly looks a long way off PL level at this point in time, 21 or otherwise.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Settle down Niall ffs, no one is getting shot LOL

I know ffs LOL
I was trying to get someone to admit they think its ok for Troy to hang out with the killers of the Mulreedy kid...

"outside of work totally ok" LOL

I don't think it was Parrot's mates involved? As I understand it was another crowd that done that lad in. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It's not looking likely that he'll become a PL striker like many would have predicted 3 years ago.

You'd think he was out of the team or playing sh*te....he's crocked at the moment! Are you saying MK Don's physios are better. Actually Lowe was complaining about Prestons ones so you might have a pointLOL

He was playing sh*te before he got injured, One (lucky) goal in 900 minutes of Championship football this season prior to the injury. PNE have brought in Delap and Cannon in the window just gone and Troy has yet to start since his return from injury. Looks like he may have his work cut out to force his way back in to the first XI at PNE and that being the case, his position in the Irish squad surely comes under threat with Idah fit again, Obafemi getting his move, Ferguson emerging and Connolly back starting. In any case he certainly looks a long way off PL level at this point in time, 21 or otherwise.

Agree with all the above except there’s no way he misses out on any call ups this year (or as long as SK is in a job)
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

I know ffs LOL
I was trying to get someone to admit they think its ok for Troy to hang out with the killers of the Mulreedy kid...

I don't think it was Parrot's mates involved? As I understand it was another crowd that done that lad in. 

It’s all relative 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

I know ffs LOL

It’s all relative 

I mean more he's bandying around accusations of chopping the lad up there that would appear to be untrue and libellous. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

He's got 1 goal in 25 Championship appearances. He might end up being a decent Championship striker but I think it'd take a lot for him to end up playing in the PL consistently now.

Exactly.

He's had 4 loan moves, with MK Dons being the standout. He was settled and putting up good numbers.

14 goals from 102 senior club appearances is a long way off a PL striker right now.

He might get there by 25.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:19pm

He looks like becoming a good Championship level support striker at this point. He's not an out and out centre forward and he has shown little to suggest he'll ever be more than a bit part player at Premier League level, at best.

If he becomes a successful forward in the Championship in time, that will probably be enough to keep him in and around the Ireland squad - probably battling the likes of Connolly, Robinson and Ogbene for squad places. In the near future Kenny will definitely have him in there because he probably wouldn't be in the job now if it wasn't for some of the goals Parrott has scored to rescue him against weaker opponents.

That's not necessarily that bad a return for him if that's where he ends up. But it will just feel a bit disappointing because of the initial unfounded hype that surrounded him, and also because it looks like he will be outshone by a couple of other Irish forwards.

But at the time he came through in youth football in Dublin it was him and Odubeko who were considered the best two forwards in that group, and Odubeko is finding the going a lot tougher than Parrott is in senior football. So, maybe this was always just going to be his level.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Feb 2023 at 5:24pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He looks like becoming a good Championship level support striker at this point. He's not an out and out centre forward and he has shown little to suggest he'll ever be more than a bit part player at Premier League level, at best.

If he becomes a successful forward at Championship level that will probably be enough to keep him in and around the Ireland squad - probably battling the likes of Connolly, Robinson and Ogbene for squad places. In the near future Kenny will definitely have him in there because he probably wouldn't be in the job now if it wasn't for some of the goals Parrott has scored to rescue him against weaker opponents.

Yeah exactly, a lot people seem to think he is out and out front man and looking for him on the scoresheet every week when he plays. He played as a winger for MK Don's and played very deep behind 1 or 2 strikers.

Also played behind Idah in the underage set up.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

I know ffs LOL

It’s all relative 

I mean more he's bandying around accusations of chopping the lad up there that would appear to be untrue and libellous. 
Yeah I mean up to this point it’s all been factual & above board 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm
He still has so much time on his side. At one point we probably got carried away thinking he could be our saviour and a top class forward, fair enough he might not get to that level. But he could still have a very good career and could easily end up in the Premier League in 4 or 5 years time. At his age Premier League strikers like Toney, Wilson, Antonio, Watkins, Armstrong were all playing either L1 level or below. But he could do with staying injury free and making an impression at Preston for sure.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 6:58pm
The Mods just letting the inmates run free on this thread? Bunch of mentalists.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

He still has so much time on his side. At one point we probably got carried away thinking he could be our saviour and a top class forward, fair enough he might not get to that level. But he could still have a very good career and could easily end up in the Premier League in 4 or 5 years time. At his age Premier League strikers like Toney, Wilson, Antonio, Watkins, Armstrong were all playing either L1 level or below. But he could do with staying injury free and making an impression at Preston for sure.

All of those players are/were far quicker than Parrott. They have physical advantages over him that meant they could more easily step up levels if they got other aspects of their game right.

Parrott isnt a standout physical player in any category - strength/height/pace. Given his poor goalscoring record at championship level to date, and his lack of physical attributes compared to other strikers - it is extremely unlikely he is ever going to be a success at premier league level.

He could be similar to a Patrick Bamford type, but Bamford was Championship player of the year at 21 (whereas Parrott barely looks capable at that level at the same age) and Bamford ended up floundering for years as no club knew what to do with him given he is also average physically. He was lucky that a world class coach was in place at a Championship team to teach him how to play in his system.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Troy will be the first name on the team sheet against France.
And it will have nothing to do with the fact Kenny woke up to a horse's head under his duvet.

LOL LOL LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 9:33pm
How do I block myself from reading the forum is there anyway?
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by PMc10 PMc10 wrote:

How do I block myself from reading the forum is there anyway?

There is no escape from peak ybig.
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 11:33pm
Who runs it can they block me? 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 8:56am

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If he becomes a successful forward at Championship level that will probably be enough to keep him in and around the Ireland squad - probably battling the likes of Connolly, Robinson and Ogbene for squad places. In the near future Kenny will definitely have him in there because he probably wouldn't be in the job now if it wasn't for some of the goals Parrott has scored to rescue him against weaker opponents.

Yeah exactly, a lot people seem to think he is out and out front man and looking for him on the scoresheet every week when he plays. He played as a winger for MK Don's and played very deep behind 1 or 2 strikers.

Also played behind Idah in the underage set up.

Played as the #9 for PNE this season, whether or not this was at Spurs behest I dont know, but he certainly didnt produce the numbers required in that position in what tbf was only a 10 game spell.
Idah Dream!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 11:17am
He's a disappointment. Fails to maintain any momentum anywhere, apart from a few L1 goals (where Keane was light years ahead). Preston, Ipswich, Millwall - nothing much. He's young, Harry Kane etc. Now it's conundrum of his natural position - striker, support striker, maybe midfield. We have more choice up front now and until he's producing at Championship level he's back of the queue. Same with Idah. 

YTM certainly produces a novel reason for his inclusion - saving Kenny's bacon. All very disappointing for a player who, wait for it, has all that natural talent. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 251>
  Share Topic