Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 8:43pm
I know he hasnt been banging them in or anything but we can't catch a break upfront atal. Idah out injured just as he was starting to progress. Parrott now out just when he didnt need it. Connolly has almost fallen off the map since how long. We must have some sort of jinx on our forwards. Absolutely screwed. Might be time to consider bringing Shane Long back for the next fixtures. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I know he hasnt been banging them in or anything but we can't catch a break upfront atal. Idah out injured just as he was starting to progress. Parrott now out just when he didnt need it. Connolly has almost fallen off the map since how long. We must have some sort of jinx on our forwards. Absolutely screwed. Might be time to consider bringing Shane Long back for the next fixtures. 

That leaves us with Obafemi, Ogbene, Robinson, Hogan, Keane and Connolly. Don't think Troy is currently streets ahead of any of them atm tbh.
The only way is up
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

That leaves us with Obafemi, Ogbene, Robinson, Hogan, Keane and Connolly. Don't think Troy is currently streets ahead of any of them atm tbh.

Im ruling  Keane out cause i dont think hes up to it. Connolly the same at the minute. Ogbene barely seen a few minutes over the last 2 games which baffled me. I actually would look at bring in Long again. Hopefully Obefemi keeps fit and can build on his last few goals in green. 
I love beer gardens
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:16pm
Ah lads, surely ye are not serious about Long
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:27pm
Time to recall the Sammon.  He has been panned unfairly but weir desperate for someone like him to hit the back of the net. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:09pm
Cillian Sheridan is still knocking about lads!
Idah Dream!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 4:01am
Parrott's injury is unfortunate, but currently he would be no loss. He has scored one goal this season - five other candidates have scored a total of 18. Ridiculous he even started against Armenia. Hopefully the new assistant manager will bring fresh ideas for the mighty task ahead.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 4:47am

Im ruling  Keane out cause i dont think hes up to it. Connolly the same at the minute. Ogbene barely seen a few minutes over the last 2 games which baffled me. I actually would look at bring in Long again. Hopefully Obefemi keeps fit and can build on his last few goals in green. 
Idah has done little of note at club level. Parrott not much better. Yet they have a total of 30 caps! Keane's goalscoring this season and last is impressive (31 and counting), but you glibly dismiss him with "I don't think he's up to it" while poor Parrott "can't catch a break". Kenny-era logic. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:15am
Parrott's appearance at the weekend was his 100th senior club game, only a handful of players have managed to reach that total before their 21st birthday in recent years. 

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 12 Oct 2022 at 8:15am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Parrott's appearance at the weekend was his 100th senior club game, only a handful of players have managed to reach that total before their 21st birthday in recent years. 

Jason Knight must have been close? Gav also must have a chance? Anyone else recently?

Also, why are 2 Spurs U21 games included in his senior games, efl trophy or something?
Idah Dream!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:19am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Jason Knight must have been close? Gav also must have a chance? Anyone else recently?

Also, why are 2 Spurs U21 games included in his senior games, efl trophy or something?

Yeah EFL trophy games are senior games.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:35am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

yeah, Knight is one. Also Callum O'Dowda, Joe Mason, and James McCarthy
Bazunu is on 93 senior appearances, so should pass 100 before he turns 21 in February

Appearances for a club's U21 side in the EFL Trophy are counted as senior appearances. It is a grey area for some fans though, as in should it count if it's not for the club's senior side? The inclusion of U21 sides in the EFL Trophy is pretty controversial among fans of teams in league one and league two as well, it's seen as pretty demeaning to them and the tournament

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 12 Oct 2022 at 10:20am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:47am
I was looking at the ages of some of the fellas that might get a call up to the next squad and was surprised to see the likes of Coventry, Kilkenny, Smallbone are all older than Obafemi, Idah, Knight, Collins, Troy and Baz. Amazingly (to me anyway) Omobamidele is 4 months younger than both Troy and Baz.
Idah Dream!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Idah has done little of note at club level. Parrott not much better. Yet they have a total of 30 caps! Keane's goalscoring this season and last is impressive (31 and counting), but you glibly dismiss him with "I don't think he's up to it" while poor Parrott "can't catch a break". Kenny-era logic. 

Hogan and other players have played for Ireland and done nothing of note. While Parrott has scored a few and Idah has played well. I wouldn't dismiss Hogan and Keane from our options but if International strikers were picked exclusively based on their club form, there'd be a lot of sacked managers. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Hogan and other players have played for Ireland and done nothing of note. While Parrott has scored a few and Idah has played well. I wouldn't dismiss Hogan and Keane from our options but if International strikers were picked exclusively based on their club form, there'd be a lot of sacked managers. 
Now there's an idea. 
PS: Who are these ugly ducklings who turn into swans at international level?
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 7:10am

Now there's an idea. 

Mitrovic for a few seasons, his record for serbia is crazy, buf struggled for Fulham at the time
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 7:55am
David Healy
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Now there's an idea. 

Mitrovic for a few seasons, his record for serbia is crazy, buf struggled for Fulham at the time
Mitrovic had 44 goals for Anderlecht at age 20. He then scored 14 EPL goals at Newcastle over three seasons of injury and suspensions - OK, not huge. For Fulham he has been rampant in the Championship over three seasons with a massive 43 last season. He has 6 EPL goals to date this term. With due respect and best of luck to Troy, he's not on the same planet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 251>
  Share Topic