You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 251>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:31am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Gutting that he's not hitting the mark. Stats from this season are shocking

It's pretty grim reading all across the board. Parrott still struggling to cope at Championship level after a strong second half of the season in League One gave rise to hope. Idah still can't get over his injury issues. Obafemi form tailing off and can't get over disciplinary issues. Mixed bag from Connolly, who's still waiting to score in Serie B. Robinson cut adrift by West Brom after looking poor for them and still waiting to score. Long being Long. Kelly is game as they come but is firmly a squad player at the moment.

In terms of who'll reach double figures? Hogan, as patchy as he is, will probably scrape double figures. Keane has three, with only one from open play, but will probably scrape double figures if he keeps putting penalties away. Obafemi you'd still fancy to reach double figures. Ogbene a dark horse.

Even in if you trickle down to League One and League Two it's miserable. Don't think any striker has more than one. 

Ogbene has 3 or 4 already and has handled the step up (and a new position for him at Rotherham) really well, Robinson got his first start since moving last night and got 2 assists. It's not all doom and gloom. Parrott is still young - everybody got over excited with the 2 lads performance vs the Scots imo, but at least they are fit. Idah's injury is unfortunate. Long's days in an Irish shirt are done. Keane/Hogan are 4th/5th choices at best and it's probably one or the other for the next squad. Connolly needs time to rediscover form, judging him this early in his loan move in a new country is unfair, but hopefully it will work out for him.

Of the younger lads, Armstrong seems to be getting good reviews as an impact sub at QPR, while Odubeko scored on debut for Port Vale and Kayode got his first minutes last night for his new loan club. Scully yet to start for his new club. 

Anyway, way too early in the season to be so pessimistic imo.

I'd be amazed if Ogbene doesnt hit double figures. Obafemi will have to get over the strop and force his way back in to the team in the first instance. Keane will hit ten easily imo given he's the peno taker. Hogan might scrape 10. CR7 should get 10 if he starts regularly. Parrott needs a goal, ditto Connolly the ticker tape is lying here idle still.
Other than Ogbene, you champion those who aren't scoring. 
Sponsored Links

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:02am
Shouldn't be selected in the squad again until he starts scoring regularly at club level. Dogsh*t tonight
Here we go again
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:06am
I thought he was OK bar his miss 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:08am
His link up play with Obafemi is actually quite good I think, he just can't put the ball in the back of the net.

If any other outfield player on the pitch got that chance it would have been a goal.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:08am

Shouldn't be selected in the squad again until he starts scoring regularly at club level. Dogsh*t tonight

Emotional and reactionary post! Grow up mate.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I thought he was OK bar his miss 

Ya but his miss was glaring. One on one loads of space to put it away. You have to be putting those away IMO. Its ok to miss those if your scoring regularly with other chances. But if your getting 1 or 2 clearcut chances in each game you have to take them.
I love beer gardens
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:22am
He put in a hood shift in the first-half but that miss is almost unforgivable, and I don’t think he’s a natural finisher tbf. Obafemi looks like a better player at the moment, although I thought overall that they worked together fairly well. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

His link up play with Obafemi is actually quite good I think, he just can't put the ball in the back of the net.

If any other outfield player on the pitch got that chance it would have been a goal.

Had 2 clear chances and put one of them in the back of the net tonight, unfortunately it was offside but he wasnt to know. Was a very cool and collected finish under pressure. I fid when he has too much time to think about it he tends to make a bags of them like his missed chance tonight.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agreed, he is a part of the squad for the foreseeable. Not a great game tonight, glaring miss and should have squared for Knight earlier, but he's still very young, it was just a bad day at the office, he'll be better for the experience!
Idah Dream!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Had 2 clear chances and put one of them in the back of the net tonight, unfortunately it was offside but he wasnt to know. Was a very cool and collected finish under pressure. I fid when he has too much time to think about it he tends to make a bags of them like his missed chance tonight.

I actually thought he made a balls of the finish for that offside goal.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 2:20am

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I actually thought he made a balls of the finish for that offside goal.
I think he should be sent to a Gulag!

Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Agreed, he is a part of the squad for the foreseeable. Not a great game tonight, glaring miss and should have squared for Knight earlier, but he's still very young, it was just a bad day at the office, he'll be better for the experience!

Yeah he's still one of our best options. He's a good footballer who can link together well with his teammates I think without him on the pitch we would have the ball a lot less in attacking areas. 
Until Idah is an option again I don't think we have a forward option who can do this as well.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:30am
Poor miss, similar to header v Ukraine. Two missed chances that could have meant we had 3 if not 5 extra points now. 

However, thought his all round play was good. 

He has worked incredibly hard over the past year or so and has gotten some very nice goals for us. 

Would have liked to see Ogbene and Obafemi up front together for the second half but it is possible Obafemi was tiring and that is why he was replaced. 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:33am
Preston as a club have scored 3 goals in 10 games this season, it's no wonder he missed the chance of the night ........it's where we are when relying on players playing at that level or in some cases not playing at all
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:41am

This. 

He played quite well other than the miss. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 11:49am
I'll say this much. There's been question marks over his pace but he looked pretty fast keeping up with Obafemi for his sitter.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'll say this much. There's been question marks over his pace but he looked pretty fast keeping up with Obafemi for his sitter.
He's quick enough, thats been overstated, the question marks are over his composure/finishing, but it's likely given his record at underage level, that this will improve as he gets more experience. He could do with one going in soon though, cos all strikers breed on confidence. Don't think he's the next Robbie Keane or anything, but hopefully he can develop in to a PL striker in time.
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:08pm
A PL striker. Lets focus on him scoring in the championship first and work from there.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 251>
  Share Topic