You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:04am
Idiot. Brainless decision if its true
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

they’d miss going out on the piss probably, plus his gangsta buddies would be a bit close to their products port of entry.

This is it.

He should have got away from this nonsense and concentrate on his game.

There'll be some uproar on here if he gets a loan move near the Birmingham area.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:14am
Maybe he looked at Liam Kelly's move there and didn't fancy it. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:22am
While I don't doubt that an Irish player would turn down a move to a huge European team in favour of staying in England, I cannot find anything about Troy rejecting a move to Feyenoord online.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:38am
Unless he's backing himself to break into the Spurs first team this season then he is being poorly advised turning down a move like that. 

Not only would it be a league that suits his playing style, it would also get him out of the limelight and away from certain scumbags who seem to be following him around Dublin and London. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:43am
https://twitter.com/IrishPropaganda/status/1420056328840568835?s=20

This is the only place I can see this story. Are these guys reliable? And it also says Spurs didn't fancy it either...
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:15pm
Weird decision if true. Everyone knows nobody can defend in the Dutch league. Could have been a great loan move to knock some goals in and build a bit of confidence.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:49pm

Sure he could have another move being quietly lined up in the background that is more suitable. I wouldnt kill him just yet
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 12:53pm
Proof that Parrott doesn't read this forum
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:15pm
I didn’t see this? Going by the forum reaction they think that would have been a good move. 👀
Hard to disagree tbf. Nice to see that interest in him at least. Maybe they have something/team lined up for him already. Who knows. I think continental Leagues like Holland,Switzerland etc would suit him really well. I’m not sure the Championship would suit him as well although it will toughen him up. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Proof that Parrott doesn't read this forum
LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
With Toby gone to Qatar maybe Troy will be joining him. Not like he hasn't been out that direction before!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:28pm
We obviously don’t know the full story but turning this move down seems strange - must be more to it.

would’ve been a clean break, and a good move.

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:44pm
Would love to know the source to this 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm
He had a tough season in league 1, he was starting a lot of games but struggled to score, his form then dropped and he was left out of match day squads for a long time.

It was only towards the end of the season that he turned it around and capped the season off with a senior call up and 2 goals.

He didn't give up and finished the season strong. I think we can hope that the momentum at the end of the season can continue and he can really kick on.

He needs a loan move though, scarlett is a younger lad but higher in the pecking order. I think Parrot is a better player (but then I would wouldn't I)

I think a championship club would be ideal for him, I think the championship is a tougher prospect than the Dutch league.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 5:02pm
Does the idea Feynoord would want him not seem a stretch to anyone else?
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Does the idea Feynoord would want him not seem a stretch to anyone else?

Which is why it’d have been a great move for him if true.

Was delighted for him against San Marino.

Realistically, I see him not setting the world alight with an average championship club, or knocking a few goals in in league 1 this season.

1 just don’t think he’s the right temperament for it.

I really hope I’m wrong though 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 6:34pm
Er, you all seem to be overlooking one thing.

Which is that TP is under contract to Spurs, so they will decide where/whether he goes, not the player, or his agent or Feyenoord.

I can think of two reasons why this proposed move might not have suited Spurs, one good, the other not so good.

The former is that Feyenoord may not have been able to guarantee him game time, or if they did, not in the position/role Spurs required.

The latter is that they want him somewhere they can keep a very close eye on him.

Meanwhile, looking at the bigger picture, the fact that Spurs are still keeping him on the books is arguably, if moderately, encouraging i.e. they haven't written him off for another bit, at least. Moreover, I'd guess Nuno had a say in that last bit, too.

Edited by Territorial - 28 Jul 2021 at 6:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 251>
  Share Topic