You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Credit where it’s due today.

But is anyone else concerned that Sadlier confirmed that the millwall coaches didn’t think he was up to mid table championship standard?

I know if was fairly obvious as millwall let him go, but brought it home a bit more hearing from sadlier what the millwall coaches said to him 

He was a one year loanee. If he was on their books full time yes but not as an 18 year old kid on a one year loan. 

Nothing alarming about it and they were right he wasn’t quite up to it. He got good experience last season and did very well today in a friendly but a pressure situation. He’s saved his managers job practically. He deserves credit. 

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Giles is great but he struggles on radio now never mind live TV. Sadlier is awful, Duff is awful, the wans they do have on well they're all awful too, I actually don't mind Kevin Doyle but Roy Keane is the only great Irish pundit now, and he'd never lower himself to Irish TV. 

Yeah, he was calling Firmino For-Mane there recently on a podcast

GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Giles is great but he struggles on radio now never mind live TV. Sadlier is awful, Duff is awful, the wans they do have on well they're all awful too, I actually don't mind Kevin Doyle but Roy Keane is the only great Irish pundit now, and he'd never lower himself to Irish TV. 

Yeah, he was calling Firmino For-Mane there recently on a podcast

Well he's 80, but he's the Godfather of football in Ireland so he can say what he likes
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I still maintain he’s a boy in a mans sport yet and will need a few years playing at a bottom half Belgium/Dutch team if that’s the case or down in League 1 in England just to find his way play football matches and learn his trade. 

However there is a player there potentially a very good one that’s obvious even in the first half he was the one little bright spark. 

LOL
Wish I’d a pound for every time I’ve read a similar post on here
Some people really have a horn for Irish players possibly going to those two leagues 

Well you see players in these leagues and others around Europe that are good players but for whatever reason fail in England, but they're still good players. Think Luuk de Jong. Had a loan spell at Newcastle and looked like he'd never kicked a ball before, then went back to Holland and on to Sevilla and gets games with the Dutch national side too. 

The lower league in England option simply isn't working for our talented midfield/attacking players, Parrott, Byrne, Elbouzedi, Ronan, etc. That doesn't mean they aren't good players. Even if they are never the right style of player to make an impression in the Premier League they could still be a good player and be good enough for us.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:48pm
Fail in England? I fooking hate this type of thinking. So is every player who dosent play in one of the big leagues a failure?? No is the answer. This really bugs me. Same with managers. Oh he failed in England. 
I love beer gardens
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Fail in England? I fooking hate this type of thinking. So is every player who dosent play in one of the big leagues a failure?? No is the answer. This really bugs me. Same with managers. Oh he failed in England. 

This is literally my point. Did you read the rest of the post?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

Then dont say for whatever reason fail in england. Your words
I love beer gardens
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm

This is a very weird interaction. I'm literally saying that failing in England doesn't mean they're a bad player. 
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:59pm

This is a very weird interaction. I'm literally saying that failing in England doesn't mean they're a bad player. 

I think he wants you to re-phrase it as "not achieve to the same level in England where it doesn't suit them" rather than using the word "f" - "a" - "i" - "l"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:06pm

Failing in England. Your repeating yourself now.
I love beer gardens
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:21pm
Fair play to the young man and if he doesn’t go any further he will still end on more international goes than recent fan favourite David McGoldrick.
Didiseyebrows View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didiseyebrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Fair play to the young man and if he doesn’t go any further he will still end on more international goes than recent fan favourite David McGoldrick.

McGoldrick played twice against Gibraltar too. 
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:41pm

Failing in England. Your repeating yourself now.

Does the word fail hurt you for some reason? 

Edited by footballman - 03 Jun 2021 at 11:50pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Clap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:28am

But is anyone else concerned that Sadlier confirmed that the millwall coaches didn’t think he was up to mid table championship standard?

I know if was fairly obvious as millwall let him go, but brought it home a bit more hearing from sadlier what the millwall coaches said to him 

I missed this but that's incredibly petty from Sadlier IMO and he should be embarrassed about it. You'd swear players peak at 18 and have no room to develop physically or technically. 

Only 4 teams scored less than Millwall did this season. Now if the Millwall coaches want to lay that blame at the feet of someone who is experiencing mens football for the first time, then they have bigger issues to worry about.

Yes it was Andorra, but I'll say it again, not many of our players have scored 2 in a game, regardless of opposition, so fair play to him and hopefully it can provide him with a good platform to build from going forward for whatever club he ends up at next season.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:06am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I missed this but that's incredibly petty from Sadlier IMO and he should be embarrassed about it. You'd swear players peak at 18 and have no room to develop physically or technically. 

Only 4 teams scored less than Millwall did this season. Now if the Millwall coaches want to lay that blame at the feet of someone who is experiencing mens football for the first time, then they have bigger issues to worry about.

Yes it was Andorra, but I'll say it again, not many of our players have scored 2 in a game, regardless of opposition, so fair play to him and hopefully it can provide him with a good platform to build from going forward for whatever club he ends up at next season.

Sadlier was talking about the present time about a player in development. 
I took from it that Millwall wanted a more experienced player and felt that Parrot still had a good bit to go.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:23am
I think Sadlier's comments are being exaggerated a bit here, I think what he said was fine, but you can judge for yourself - from 1:30 in this clip:

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think Sadlier's comments are being exaggerated a bit here, I think what he said was fine, but you can judge for yourself - from 1:30 in this clip:

Is that it ffs LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 251>
  Share Topic