Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 251>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:20pm
Good finish. Nice to actually see him in that position. Normally its out on the wing or away from goal. Will give him confidence for next season.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:31pm
Didn't he win a pen last week too? And now scoring for fun along with Idah. We're good again!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:57pm

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 09 May 2021 at 1:58pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 2:21pm
Delighted to see him score. the experience and football matches may humble him slightly but will bring him on and hopefully he will be better for it. 

Really I do think it’s a good 3/4 years before we start to know for definite where Parrott is going. You might have to preach patience with him. Easy to forget hes just turned 19 too and he doesn’t have the pyschicality of Idah let’s say. He might take longer to adapt to that. 

Would be interested to see what sort of side he will go to next season? Ideally for me I’d like to see him at a team that play a bit more with the ball then Millwall/Ipswich if staying in England.

Edited by kevin100 - 09 May 2021 at 2:22pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 2:36pm
I didnt see him today but watch the last game and I taught he looked one of the  best players on the field
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I didnt see him today but watch the last game and I taught he looked one of the  best players on the field

Troy Parrott 

Finished superbly for his goal, capping an excellent display which saw him link well with Norwood and threaten the Fleetwood defence on a number of occasions. Of the crop of loanees he’s surely the one who could add the most value should he return next season. 

I think he kicks on from here in a big way next season.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:32pm
What do we make of Pochettino potentially going to Spurs. Not saying he’d have Parrott playing 30 games for Spurs but it would be a slight positive for him on the whole compared to the alternative. He would get a look in at pre season I’m sure. 

They are in the Conference League if he was to stay at Spurs this season and get 6-8 appearances in Cup games it wouldn’t be the end of the world for Parrott. A League 1 loan move would be fine too. 

I don’t know about kick on in a big way as posted above but last year while a boy in a mans game will bring him on. 

Edited by kevin100 - 31 May 2021 at 2:33pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What do we make of Pochettino potentially going to Spurs. Not saying he’d have Parrott playing 30 games for Spurs but it would be a slight positive for him on the whole compared to the alternative. He would get a look in at pre season I’m sure. 

They are in the Conference League if he was to stay at Spurs this season and get 6-8 appearances in Cup games it wouldn’t be the end of the world for Parrott. A League 1 loan move would be fine too. 

I don’t know about kick on in a big way as posted above but last year while a boy in a mans game will bring him on. 

Out on loan again for me.
Can't see it happen but maybe a team on the Continent would be a good shout for him, but they seemed to want to keep him close to London, initially anyway.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 4:08pm
Yeah, agree that a loan would be the best scenario in my opinion.

Along with a massive amount of other young irish players in a around our senior team to be fair. Of the top of my head I would think loans for -

Parrott 
Molumby 
Kilkenny
Idah (can't see him making many PL games)
Travers 
Coventry 
Bazunu 
Connolly - maybe fight for his place 
Ferry

I'm sure lots more

footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:22pm
I'd love to see him get a move to the Eredivisie or Belgium or somewhere like that
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:32pm
The boy done good
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:38pm
Parrott repeats it 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm
I still maintain he’s a boy in a mans sport yet and will need a few years playing at a bottom half Belgium/Dutch team if that’s the case or down in League 1 in England just to find his way play football matches and learn his trade. 

However there is a player there potentially a very good one that’s obvious even in the first half he was the one little bright spark. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:59pm
Great to see him get the two goals. Not many young players have ever had to face the pressure that Parrott is to live up to expectations but fair play. He stood up when plenty of others were gone missing
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
Credit where it’s due today.

But is anyone else concerned that Sadlier confirmed that the millwall coaches didn’t think he was up to mid table championship standard?

I know if was fairly obvious as millwall let him go, but brought it home a bit more hearing from sadlier what the millwall coaches said to him 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:23pm
we need a player who is a bastard for goals - like Aldridge or Robbie. Hopefully Troy is that player
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
May or may not be true but would take anything Sadlier says with a pinch of salt. He's a Dunphy wannabe
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

we need a player who is a bastard for goals - like Aldridge or Robbie. Hopefully Troy is that player

4 goals in his last 6 starts for club and country. Hopefully this will kick-start his career.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 251>
  Share Topic