You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
Well he much be back in the ipswich u23s as hes not in the squad again today.

He'd do well to get another loan at ipswich.

On a positive note, mcguinness does start today at cb.

Edited by Left foot - 17 Apr 2021 at 11:48am
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:08pm
Something must of happen between himself and the manager.it is a strange one
CillDara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:41pm
Read an interview this morning where Paul Cook said that he is basically getting getting rid of all the dead wood and there will be a lot of changes in the Ipswich squad over the next few weeks. Already said that Alan Judge won't play for them again. Parrott wasn't mentioned specifically but surely not a good sign he has been left out of the squad two weeks in a row. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Read an interview this morning where Paul Cook said that he is basically getting getting rid of all the dead wood and there will be a lot of changes in the Ipswich squad over the next few weeks. Already said that Alan Judge won't play for them again. Parrott wasn't mentioned specifically but surely not a good sign he has been left out of the squad two weeks in a row. 

Surely if he's not in Cook's plans then Spurs would rather he was back in their 23's.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
It's very likely that no deal has been agreed for next season so the manager sees no benefit in playing him. If it's suddenly announced he is going back next season he will be back in the squad
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:38pm
That article reads to me as Spurs saying they'd be happy to loan him to Ipswich - or any League 1 team - next year rather than suggesting that Ipswich have any actual interest in taking him back. Given that he's not even making their bench it seems unlikely they'll be interested in a further loan.

JBM might take him at Rochdale next year if he's still there. Or Goodwin at St Mirren perhaps.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That article reads to me as Spurs saying they'd be happy to loan him to Ipswich - or any League 1 team - next year rather than suggesting that Ipswich have any actual interest in taking him back. Given that he's not even making their bench it seems unlikely they'll be interested in a further loan.

JBM might take him at Rochdale next year if he's still there. Or Goodwin at St Mirren perhaps.

Are you honestly serious that Ipswich wouldn't take him back? Do you really think that? He's a prodigiously talented young player with a tough season of experience under his belt and he'll be a bit older when next season starts. He's a very attractive loan, don't let your own bias get in the way. 

Now point and scream that I'm a Parrott hype merchant.

Edited by Eoink21 - 17 Apr 2021 at 6:07pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:45pm
No bias at all here. I'd love to see him doing well. But if he's not even making the bench at Ipswich in April what makes you so confident he'll be such an attractive prospect by August? Loans cost money and there's a salary cap and a loan limit in League 1. I'm not so sure they'll be rushing back in to get Parrott.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Are you honestly serious that Ipswich wouldn't take him back? Do you really think that? He's a prodigiously talented young player with a tough season of experience under his belt and he'll be a bit older when next season starts. He's a very attractive loan, don't let your own bias get in the way. 

Now point and scream that I'm a Parrott hype merchant.

Hi Troy.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:16pm
Troy has to cop on quickly or he will end up like the majority of young overhyped Irish players.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:11pm
Whatever he was underage  /  academy is gone now. Irrelevant. 

What he is now is a forward without goals in him and whatever club, whatever division,  whatever manager want goals from forwards otherwise its no wins and a sacking. Saying Ipswich will love to have him back is a bit hopeful because guess what   ?   They're trying to win games too. Hence dropping the golden boy recently.   

Guy needs to level up or it'll pass him by. There is a queue behind him of academy talent in the UK wanting game time and no one is special. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:41am
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

It's very likely that no deal has been agreed for next season so the manager sees no benefit in playing him. If it's suddenly announced he is going back next season he will be back in the squad
At this point, with Ipswich in contention still for the playoffs, the manager's only motivation would be to pick the best team  squad possible to win matches and protect his own position. The fact Parrott is not part of that best team tells its own story. I doubt long term club strategy has anything to do with it though.
There's been a few references on here to Troy becoming another Anthony Stokes if he doesn't fulfil his potential. At the moment though he is far behind the player Stokes was at the equivalent age so even that comparison doesn't flatter him!
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:57am
Was out for a meal in central London this evening with Lee Byrne.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:59am
Any time I see Troy I don't think he looks bad at all. He has good touch and control. Find it hard to put me finger on what's going wrong. One area I do think he could do better is enforcing himself on the game more in terms of doing more of the dirty work, especially in the midfield role he has been playing.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Any time I see Troy I don't think he looks bad at all. He has good touch and control. Find it hard to put me finger on what's going wrong. One area I do think he could do better is enforcing himself on the game more in terms of doing more of the dirty work, especially in the midfield role he has been playing.
No player would have a chance of impressing in that Ipswich team. I have watched a few Ipswich games this season and the ability of their players on the ball is so very poor. So few chances get created by the midfield Parrott ends up having to drop deeper to try and force something. Anytime he does get the ball and tries to play it forward to another Ipswich player, the other player ends up losing it and it's back to square 1. 

Next move is vital for Parrott so he can develop and realised the potential we all know he has. Really hope that his proposed return to Ipswich does not take place. That would be very bad, and stunt his growth as a player. A loan link up with Cullen at Anderlecht would be a good move for Parrott. A lot of the top Belgian/Dutch teams take on younger players from Man City and Chelsea. Parrott should be looking at these options instead of lowering his standards by playing with the likes of Ipswich.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
From what I've seen of him so far at club level (mostly highlight clips to be fair) and in his senior Ireland appearances he very much looks like an underage player playing senior football. Some players adapt to the change to senior football very quickly - Scully has done it well in the last year, even Connolly in terms of his physicality. Collins, O'Shea and Knight as well.

Parrott doesn't look like he can physically impose himself at that level yet. To be fair to him he is younger than the other players I mentioned above so the hope is that that part of his game will come and that, when it does, it will allow him to show the skill we know he has at senior level. 

I'm not sure that heading back to League 1 next season would be the best move for him anyway. Somewhere like Scotland or the Netherlands or another less physical league might suit him better at this stage of his career. Or, as I mentioned previously, a few months of under 23 football at Spurs might not be the end of the world by any means, build his confidence back up and then maybe try another loan in January 2022. He'd still be only 19 at that point.

Edited by You Tell Me - 18 Apr 2021 at 9:34am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:12am
Yeah, a stint on the continent may better suit his style. The obsession with English football needs to be knocked on the head.

If you have to drop to league one then surely a stint in the Netherlands or Belgium is a better alternative at this point. 
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Yeah, a stint on the continent may better suit his style. The obsession with English football needs to be knocked on the head.

If you have to drop to league one then surely a stint in the Netherlands or Belgium is a better alternative at this point. 

Agree with this. Even a jaunt up to Scotland!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 250>
  Share Topic