You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 251>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Would you think it is better to keep him with the under 21s for a couple of years or still have him in and around the first team squad at international level  ?

I think so. While we definitely need someone who can score goals, he hasn't shown that yet at senior level. So it would do him no harm to keep him out of the spotlight for a bit and let him develop in L1 where he's getting plenty of game time for a 19 year old.

Is Norwood their designated peno taker? I wonder if he had scored in previous games, would Parrott have stepped up to take it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Would you think it is better to keep him with the under 21s for a couple of years or still have him in and around the first team squad at international level  ?

At another time in our history, you might advocate keeping him at u21 level. However, we have been playing Hendrick in the #10 role for the senior side and we've seen how that has worked out. So why not try Parrott or someone/ anyone else?

Maybe in the Qatar game but for Serbia is not the time to tinker with the team i would think .

Hummmm maybe you are right if we keep the same side we will get the same result also .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

A couple of encouraging things there: one being his ability to shield the ball and use his body. He looks much stronger and up for the battle physically. Nearly all of those highlights occur in close quarters with defenders and midfielders closing him down quickly. Almost all of our strikers (Connolly, Idah, Robinson) do their best work on the break with lots of space between them and the goal. Parrott can bring something else to the table.

I also think his decision making is very good. I’d like to see an all-touch video, because he’s very good at choosing the right out ball in these highlights.

He definitely seems to be growing in to himself a bit more and seems like he can handle the physical side of it. Again, highlights don't show the full picture, but that is encouraging.

State of the pitch by the way.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:34am

At another time in our history, you might advocate keeping him at u21 level. However, we have been playing Hendrick in the #10 role for the senior side and we've seen how that has worked out. So why not try Parrott or someone/ anyone else?

How many times has he played the #10? - I think Kenny has moved him back into a deeper role.

Anyway, no point bringing him to Serbia to sit on the bench.

I'd let him play against Wales on the Friday and then let him play on the Monday against Qatar.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:02pm

[QUOTE=Left foot]I can't believe that I'm not only sad enough to watch those vids but I actually enjoy them too.

Lockdown hobbies ha 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:15pm
Has all the hallmarks of what Kenny is looking for in.his number 10. High energy, gets around the opposition's half, sticks his boot it. But crucially (Unlike Hendrick in number 10) he actually has some ideas in.the final third and always looks to be linking play.

He'll definitely make.the squad. I imagine he'll get a run out as a number 10 in Qatar. But this is Kenny, he stuck Idah up front in his first game, and in the majority since. He's dropped his captain. I wouldn't assume to imagine what Kenny has planned. It's not like you can label this ireland team with the phrase: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's so broke. 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:40pm
I'd say he'll be on the bench in Serbia and could see action in the last 15 if we are behind...
*if* Clown

Could get a lot more minutes v Lux.  Would they really be considered better than some of the players he is now facing weekly?

Edited by Fozz - 03 Mar 2021 at 3:54pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm
Sounds like the Ipswich move is working out, if he becomes a 90 minute regular he will pick up some goals. Cook in as the new manager is another positive. 

The forum will break once he scores
It would damage this forums' reputation
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'd say he'll be on the bench in Serbia and cold see action in the last 15 if we are behind...
*if* Clown

Could get a lot more minutes v Lux.  Would they really be considered better than some of the players he is now facing weekly?

I think I’ve seen Luxembourg causing teams like Holland and France serious problems in qualifiers over the last few years so their team seems to be improving and will be very tricky. 
It’s good to see these good reports on Troy Parrott  
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 3:45pm
Give it a lash Kenny

Randolph
 Coleman O'Shea Clarke Stevens
      Knight Cullen Hourihane
                  Parrott
              Idah Connolly
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:25pm
Some nice bits in that. Personally for me I want to see Troy score a goal even if it’s 1 I just don’t want him ending the season goalless.

With the hype around him plenty deflated by how it’s gone for him this year but it is what it is he knows where he is and we know as well. 

Parrott id play against Qatar but I don’t know has he done enough to warrant it against Serbia/Lux. One thing I would say is that we badly need a No.10 and Hendrick is not the answer he has to stop playing Hendrick there. 

Parrott could be an option there if he can link up with the loan striker. We ain’t blessed with options there. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

So far so good on this loan to Ipswich to my eyes.
Looked like scoring on at least two occasions in the games I saw and his play as a #10 is good for a teenager new to the team.

Comparing to our other young L1 loanees, we have Scully doing very well and Cassidy nowhere to be seen (was mostly being sprung from the bench until a thigh injury sidelined him in January).

With Idah getting a goal this weekend there is slight cause for not being completely depressed...

Of these younger attackers Idah is the one real old fashioned centre forward think even Kieffer Moore for Wales who’s turning into a fine goalscorer at his level and has scored a few for Wales too. 

It’s disappointing he hasn’t been out on loan at some stage he’s really only got token 5-10 minutes here and there. Scored an important goal on the opening day of the season and did so the weekend too. I’d love to see what he could do in a Championship team or even a promotion chasing League 1 team thats set up to suit him playing 90 minutes every week. 

He’s got big big potential as a centre forward and does have a poachers instinct. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Some nice bits in that. Personally for me I want to see Troy score a goal even if it’s 1 I just don’t want him ending the season goalless.

With the hype around him plenty deflated by how it’s gone for him this year but it is what it is he knows where he is and we know as well. 

Parrott id play against Qatar but I don’t know has he done enough to warrant it against Serbia/Lux. One thing I would say is that we badly need a No.10 and Hendrick is not the answer he has to stop playing Hendrick there. 

Parrott could be an option there if he can link up with the loan striker. We ain’t blessed with options there. 

Unfortunately it’s international football and we cant loan any strikerEmbarrassed
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Unfortunately it’s international football and we cant loan any strikerEmbarrassed

Ffs lone striker. My dyslexia leaving me down again. 👀
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:43pm
No Kevin it's not you that has the problem, it's with that Donegal lad (who I think I know). He's spending too much time about Finn Park and has a bit of OLLIEITIS... dangerous virus your hair grows out of control and yiur mouth the same !!! along with a serious hatred of lads with whistles and flags

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 03 Mar 2021 at 5:45pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Give it a lash Kenny

Randolph
      Knight Cullen Hourihane
                  Parrott
              Idah Connolly

That's one of the weakest and most unrealistic teams you could imagine.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Give it a lash Kenny

Randolph
      Knight Cullen Hourihane
                  Parrott
              Idah Connolly

That's one of the weakest and most unrealistic teams you could imagine.

That's the biggest over reaction you could imagine. 

The goal keeper, defence and midfield personnel, I'd have no problem with it.

Connolly and Idah will probably be in Kenny's first choice front 3 anyway.

My only issue is the system he has here. Kenny is definitely playing 2 wide men in the front 3.

Cullen as the sitter with Knight and Hourihane. I could live with that.

Who exactly is coming into that team to make it the most realistic team you could imagine? 

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

No Kevin it's not you that has the problem, it's with that Donegal lad (who I think I know). He's spending too much time about Finn Park and has a bit of OLLIEITIS... dangerous virus your hair grows out of control and yiur mouth the same !!! along with a serious hatred of lads with whistles and flags
I think the biggest symptom from OLLIEITIS is fear of sh*t refereeing. Not that we would have to look too hard for thatWink and it’s always good to have hairBig smile than not have any at allBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 251>
  Share Topic