You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

youtube channel from a spurs fan showing their loan players every touch in the games they play. Very handy to have a better look at Troy 

Good spot - it was the chance on 26 seconds into the video. That was his best chance. Why didn't he run towards the keeper!! It was a decent chance 
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 3:49pm

youtube channel from a spurs fan showing their loan players every touch in the games they play. Very handy to have a better look at Troy 

I know it's a highlights reel which can be deceiving but he did show good touches and he protected the ball well. 
El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 4:07pm
Good video, what it shows is how deep he's dropping at times to get into the game, playing more as a 10 than a striker. I think when you see that he's not scoring goals you worry that he's being completely ineffective at senior level, but actually he looks very tidy and constructive in possession. Hopefully he keeps plugging away like that and the goals will eventually come.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 4:13pm
Last two games he has been deployed behind the striker and has played well enough.
If he grew into that role, could he be considered as the forward of our midfield 3 with, say, Cullen and Knight in behind?
Or is that nonsense?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Last two games he has been deployed behind the striker and has played well enough.
If he grew into that role, could he be considered as the forward of our midfield 3 with, say, Cullen and Knight in behind?
Or is that nonsense?

No I agree. I think he could end up playing as a 10. You would want to pair him up with two workhorses in midfield but Cullen, Molumby and Knight fit that profile. Maybe McCarthy might still have the legs to do it also. 
El Puto Amo
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Or is that nonsense?

Not completely outlandish. Kenny ideally wants to play a number 10, but has no interest in a number 10 flutin about and only coming alive when he's on the ball. Troy puts in a shift, which would help his cause.

Jeff had a couple goes at the number 10 role, and while he does a job off the ball and will get back into the mix in midfield, his down fall is receiving the the ball in the final third, and unfortunately is clueless in this regards.

Troy definitely has the opportunity to make the spot his, or create a spot for himself. Someone in behind the front man who has technical ability but also isn't a lazy sh!t will be in with a shout in a Kenny team.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:00pm
Yeah, I see Troy as a very creative player and not just a finisher.  Anybody seeing him for the first time this season would be forgiven not thinking he's not a striker at all...

Edited by Fozz - 24 Feb 2021 at 5:00pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I know it's a highlights reel which can be deceiving but he did show good touches and he protected the ball well. 

Yeah, it’s highlights rather than all touch, but those are some good touches and he looks comfortable making things happen in the #10 role. His big chance there at 26 seconds. Shoukd have hit it early 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Yeah, it’s highlights rather than all touch, but those are some good touches and he looks comfortable making things happen in the #10 role. His big chance there at 26 seconds. Shoukd have hit it early 
im so accustomed to watching Ireland  games i presumed thats about as many touches a striker gets in 90 mins. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:30pm
There were a few bad touches too in the game believe me, also a few in the first half where he gets muscled off the ball (not easily mind)

The point made the he goes deep to get the ball is spot on. Did that a lot. 

I would say he has a few good touches in the first half and missed his chance (as seen in the video) but he was ok in that half.

Second half was better, was impressed with him wanting the ball and he saw a lot of it. Mostly simple pass here and there but always available. Went on a few runs too. Covered a lot of ground. 

I think he can play well for ipswich and not score many goals. He's had a few half chances in other games for ipswich but only the one chance yesterday.

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:23pm
Definitely agree on Parrott as a potential ten. When I first saw him play underage for Ireland that's the position I thought he played. He's tidy, calm on the ball and get out of tight spaces but is not blessed with pace. In an ideal world if all of our potential forward options came good having Parrott behind someone like Idah would be great. But right now you'd nearly take any one of them being good enough. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:03am
He looks technically very good in those highlights. But as someone else mentioned, we're only seeing the (relatively) positive aspects of his play.

As for the chance, I don't know why he tries to control it with the outside of his weaker foot, it ends up taking him away from the goal. 

In that video, a lot of the time he receives the ball, there's very little movement ahead of him, and not many of his own players supporting him. Not much of a surprise that he has no assists or goals if those highlights are reflective of Ipswich's style of play.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:11am
I'm just pleasantly surprised Parrott can control and pass a football, having read the various posts on him over the last few weeks.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 10:43am
His legs are back
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 11:33am
jaysus this place will go wild when he does score.....
It's not me it's you:-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I'm booking 3 days off work and going on the lash in my spare room
El Puto Amo
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 12:13pm

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I'm booking 3 days off work and going on the lash in my spare room

😂
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:00pm
A fairly honest assessment of where Parrott will find himself in the pecking order when he returns to Tottenham for pre season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 251>
  Share Topic