Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:22am
My contacts at Spurs have said he will definitely not be in the squad to play Fulham.
We will see who is lying on Sunday! 

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:48am
Its a bit like us thinking Masterson would get a run out when Liverpool had a few injuries at the back. Then he didn't even get on in the Fa Cup game where Klopp played plenty of kids.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its a bit like us thinking Masterson would get a run out when Liverpool had a few injuries at the back. Then he didn't even get on in the Fa Cup game where Klopp played plenty of kids.

It's not really. 

The risk of playing an inexperienced, young, nervy defender is the potential to concede goals. The risk of giving an inexperienced, young, nervy striker a 20 minute cameo is scuffing an open goal. 

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:10am
Liverpool played 2 defenders younger than Masterson so not down to inexperience
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:32am
He's 16 lads, calm down.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:56am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

He's 16 lads, calm down.
And his first season over there iirc. Great for him to even be training with the squad.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:00am

It's not really like for like. Masterson is 20 years old and has been around the Liverpool first team for a couple of years. It is a tad disappointing but not unsurprising that he is not getting game time.

Parrott is a 16 year old kid who only went over the water last Summer. There is no expectation that he should be seeing first team action from anyone at this point. 
El Puto Amo
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:06am
Considering he was back down with the 18's during the week instead of the 23's would suggest that there are at least a couple ahead of him in the pecking order. Janssen being one. At least a year too early for him you'd imagine.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
I've heard Masterson got an injury on a night out and this didn't go down well with Klop. Don't know if it's true
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
Talk Sport saying there’s a good chance that Parrott will be part of senior squad. 

https://talksport.com/football/475534/tottenham-hotspur-spurs-meeting-kane-injury-loan-signings-troy-parrott/
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:17pm

i think its a bit different. i think w masterson, some on the forum thought his incl on the bench end of last season meant he was rated higher/ higher up the pecking order than he actually was/is by klopp. they added players at the position and as we saw recently he is behind hoever and the like. I think a similarity is that masterson got to the position of being on the bench for those games because there were so many injuries/players unavailable. so for parrott, it seems like he might benefit in the form of potentially being involved because they do have kane, min both unavailable and janssen seems to be out of the plans. I think its important to keep in perspective. as has been mentioned, hes only 16, great first season over there by all accounts, seems to score for Ireland whenever he plays. even training w the first team is a good step for his development. its not the end of the world or a sign poch "doesn't rate him" if he doesn't put him in the 18, but obviously we all want to see it happen
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Talk Sport saying there’s a good chance that Parrott will be part of senior squad. 

https://talksport.com/football/475534/tottenham-hotspur-spurs-meeting-kane-injury-loan-signings-troy-parrott/

Jim "Diamond" White LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:30pm
Its unlikely he will see any action. I presume they will hold onto llorente now until the summer at least. Then you will have lamela alli eriksen moura providing the goal threat. Hes hardly likely to get a look in yet id imagine.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:11pm
Gets a press conference mention from Pochettino himself:

“I was watching Barcelona and the striker was Leo Messi,” Pochettino said. “You can play Llorente, Dele Alli, Lamela; you can play Kaziah Sterling, Troy Parrott, I don’t know. It’s not that you have to play with one specific striker. We are so crazy, the managers, that sometimes we decide to do something different.”
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm
Doesn't make the bench, Keziah Sterling is there instead.
We're decent enough..
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
I don't think his name is exotic enough to get his chance out of the blue....maybe is if name was Troy Lorikeet he'd stand a better chance
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

what age is that chap?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

what age is that chap?

20. An aul fella!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 250>
  Share Topic