You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 251>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:43pm
Having seen him in schoolboy football (I know that's not a great indicator), he has all the attributes of a top class centre forward. Hes big and strong and knows how to score, even if he hasn't done that yet at the highest levels.
He will come good once his attitude in the future is good. Hopefully good people will guide him towards success.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 16 Dec 2020 at 1:44pm
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:53pm
I think everyone is keen for him to do well, I dont think anyone on here as labeled him anyting more than a very promising prospect.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think everyone is keen for him to do well, I dont think anyone on here as labeled him anyting more than a very promising prospect.

The excitement and interest and desire for him to progress quickly in reality is a product of our lack of ready made strikers. Otherwise, I think most people would be keeping an eye out on a promising prospect, rather than analysing every game. Our current striking options can be broken down into a few categories, and the problem in the "ready made" ones amount to Shane Long who is on the fringes of the Southampton team, and hasn't scored an international goal in almost five years. McGoldrick retiring leaves Long as the only established and experienced option. You then have untested youth like Obafemi, Parrott, and Idah who have a lot of developing to do. After that, you have the lads in their mid twenties-early thirties who are on the fringes, yet have a real chance, based on our lack of options.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:01pm
is promise not exciting . what is wrong to recognise a players promise
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm
The rush to write him off is as hilarious as the rush to crown him before he’s done it. 

I say that as someone who can get carried away myself but that’s passion no ones immune we can let it run away with us.

Really I’d like to see him go out on loan for another 3 seasons after this season before I’d even begin to predict where hel end up. Hasn’t gone to plan so far at Millwall but that can change too. He’s plenty time and this year isn’t the be all and end all if it doesn’t work out.

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:33pm
He’s only 18. Let him progress at his own pace. He is very unlikely to be an option for us until the Euro 2024 qualifiers which will start around the time he turns 21. At that stage we will know for fairly certain if he will make it or not. Stephen Bradley was a superstar in the DDSL 20 years ago and signed for Arsenal then never even played a first team game for them.  I think Troy Parrott will be a decent premier league centre forward and score goals for Ireland but that sort of scenario is two or three years away at least.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:17am
Agree with the above, that being the case, seeing as our attacking options are connolly, idah, parrott, Robinson, odowda and mcclean. None of which are scoring goals or playing consistently. 

If our current forward and midfield options remain as they are going into March, we really need to manage expectations. 

We have polls on this forum before every game with posters suggesting ireland winning by a couple of goals sometimes. 

I seriously see us struggling in games...
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:22pm
Shane Long and Connolly alone or together are the only real options to play through the middle against Serbia in March unless one of the others mentioned above somehow strikes form. They are the only two for me that opposition defenders would be somewhat wary of. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm
That is why we should spring a surprise and start free scoring Conor Sammon.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:48pm
I'm not sure whether this is a case of Parrott being unhappy about his game time or the fact that Millwall are a shocking side who won't do much for his development. Either way, it's not looking good

"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:58pm
I mean he was injured before he started a game for them and then he exacerbated that injury in a League Cup tie. Since then, I would've said he's had adequate game time.

Is it even guaranteed that there's a better footballing side at that level who would take him? I wouldn't necessarily say so.

And by all means I'd love to see him get a loan to a club in somewhere like Germany, France, Spain or Italy but there's no indication that something like that will happen.

I'm quite disheartened by this if it's true. Yes, the move hasn't gone swimmingly, but he's 18 years old and tests like this are a necessary part of his development. I'd rather see him push on at Millwall and get past this bump in the road than go back to square one as it were.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:51pm
Lads goals gloss over a lot. If he had 3 or 4 goals so far there wudnt be a word about how good or bad his all round play was. Ive seen a good few of his games and hes never going to get many chances at Milwall. But goals are the name of the game for strikers. Thats all that matters.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 12:53am
Troy Parrott ain't going to come cheep - you aren't going to be able to get him for birdseed. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:34pm
Won a penalty.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm
He played well when he came on at half time. Millwall are shockingly bad though
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm
Millwall are so sh!te. Troy will learn plenty from the experience, but it won't do much to raise his profile in footballing terms. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:41pm

Troy Parrott – 7

Another great impact off the bench. Played some great passes to create openings, got in behind and asked questions of the Coventry defence.

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:47pm
Haven’t seen him in action since he came back from injury yet but he’s getting decent game time albeit not starting the last few. Tough learning curve but hopefully the experience will stand to him. Seems to be the general consensus that Millwall are a poor outfit that don’t offer much going forward so that explains partly for the lack of goals/ scoring chances but hopefully he’ll add a few soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 251>
  Share Topic