You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:25pm
Thinking the same , (Millwall and Ireland playing similar) at least he is getting plenty of practice in the way we play which is not creating many chances. Only caught the second half, Millwall have f**k all apart from the right back . Zero creativity. Plenty of experience for him but wont be scoring many goals.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 08 Dec 2020 at 9:30pm
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:25pm
Poor performance tonight...offered very little but then the same could be said for a lot of the Millwall forward players bar the sprightly right-full who looks decent.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

At moment he doesnt look much of a player in my opinion. Very disappointing start to his millwall career.

I’m not having a go at you here but did you watch the match this evening? If so, what did you think he could have done better or differently tonight?

Edited by MC Hammered - 08 Dec 2020 at 9:27pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:31pm
he showed good skill on a few occasions and had good first half attempts, anyone writing him off based on millwall being terrible is delusional
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:36pm
Same people be claiming hes world class if he scores a couple next match. Just for compariaon Kane disnt score in his first 9 games for Millwall, Parrott is 18 and only back from a couple of injuries this season. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:36pm
It's at least three years too soon to make a call on Parrott. Give him a chance, he has had a tough few months with form and injury and it's tough as a young player playing in a poor enough team. He needs to learn how to play senior football and this will hopefully stand to him in the longer term.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

At moment he doesnt look much of a player in my opinion. Very disappointing start to his millwall career.

I’m not having a go at you here but did you watch the match this evening? If so, what did you think he could have done better or differently tonight?

Ya I watched the match and i watched his last few performances. I agree with you, millwall are shocking and he looks frustrated at the real lack of quality around him but it has been a disappointing start and he hasn't looked anything other then very average. I am not writing the kid off and  I hope he has a great career but just at the moment he doesnt look the part  at all.

Edited by aviva8 - 08 Dec 2020 at 9:45pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:55pm

Fair enough. He defo didn’t see a lot of action but he was living off scraps. Millwall never seem to look for feet with their balls forward. 90% seem to be diagonal lofted balls that look more like clearances. I think Messi would have struggled in that role for Millwall tonight. Having said all that, Parrott will have to learn to deal with that type of service and adapt his game or the loan move won’t work out
El Puto Amo
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:24pm
hope he gets a goal soon. Never been convinced myself. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

hope he gets a goal soon. Never been convinced myself. 

"never"?? Geek his career hasnt even started yet ffs
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:37pm
To be fair if you add up all his senior minutes up you'd probably get four games.

Millwall don't look like an organised team but he'll learn from his time there.

Dare I say they'd benefit from a jack Byrne to add some element of creativity
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:42am
Wathched the game last night, Millwall possibly theworst team I have bothered to watch, and I thought Ireland were bad at times LOL. Parrott had some nice touches and a couple of snapshots. Hhe was making runs regularly but only service was pumps up the pitch, don't see what he could of done to make a difference.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:31am
In fairness he's going to be running around like a stupid gobsh*te with no service and the worst midfield in Europe when playing for Ireland, so at least he's getting plenty of practice. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:48am
I agree and while won't score many (or any?!), he is getting valuable experience in proper competitive football.
Will only stand to him if he can keep getting regular starts.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

In fairness he's going to be running around like a stupid gobsh*te with no service and the worst midfield in Europe when playing for Ireland, so at least he's getting plenty of practice. 

Potentially, by the time he breaks into the Irish team he may have a midfield including the likes of Knight, Molumby and Cullen behind him, so it might not be that had at all.

Realistically I don't think Parrott is going to be a first team option for the world cup qualifiers, we're looking at the Euro 2024 qualifiers before he will break in at best.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:46am
Goals aside, if parrott is playing consistently for Milwall then its almost certain that he plays for ireland in the qualifiers.

Of the three forwards Connolly is a cert despite the lack of goals, I'd say Robinson is next, although not playing full games or scoring regularly. 

The third in the front line could be between Parrot and idah, and idah hasnt really featured before his injury.

So if parrott stays fit and plays games he'll likely be part of the front three

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Goals aside, if parrott is playing consistently for Milwall then its almost certain that he plays for ireland in the qualifiers.

Thats the truth. 

The only difference is, given McGoldrick's retirement, Long's lack of playing time, Obafemi not having been in SK's plans thus far, and Idah's injury, I actually think this creates a potential for James Collins to make a case for inclusion, especially if he hits a good scoring run in the meantime.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Thats the truth. 

The only difference is, given McGoldrick's retirement, Long's lack of playing time, Obafemi not having been in SK's plans thus far, and Idah's injury, I actually think this creates a potential for James Collins to make a case for inclusion, especially if he hits a good scoring run in the meantime.

Take away the penalties and Collins has 10 goals in 60 Championship games, which translates exactly into 1 goal in every 6 games. Championship forwards with much better goalscoring records than that have failed to translate their form into PL or International football [Jordan Rhodes/Ross McCormack/Chris Martin et cetera]. Daryl Murphy didn't score goals at Intl level but he was a useful foil and knew how to use his relatively limited strengths to his example. I just don't see that with Collins. He struggles to get into games, and while he did get chances over the last two games, he was incredibly wasteful with them. I have faith in Kenny's judgement that he's just a stopgap measure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 251>
  Share Topic