You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 9:44pm
Troy coming on now for goalscorer Riis, 85th minute
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 10:21pm
Did alright when he came on - won a few headers, held the ball up a couple of times, and had a decent attempt from distance at the death. You'd imagine Lowe will start with the same 11 again after a win though, so he might have to bide his time. No real harm, he could do with a few games out of the spotlight.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 10:54pm
Just checked. He was on for 5 minutes. LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Just checked. He was on for 5 minutes. LOL

You'd want to check a little better, came on after 84 and the game ended on 94 - that's 10 minutes if you need some help Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:42am
Ffs lads arguing over whether a lad came on for the last 5 or 10 minutes haha. Ffs doesn't make a difference. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Ffs lads arguing over whether a lad came on for the last 5 or 10 minutes haha. Ffs doesn't make a difference. 

You're correct, it doesn't. So I'm not sure why HH felt the need to snipe in with an (incorrect) assertion that he only played 5 minutes in response to my saying he did alright when he came on.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:49am
Did the ball go out of play for any period of time after his introduction? 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 06 Oct 2022 at 10:49am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:53am
He assist-assisted a pass that led to a corner.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 11:36am
If nothing else the lad has gained a lot of experience from doing the rounds at a few clubs at a very young age, hope it stands to him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 11:51am

Took just seven minutes into his first start in over six months for Seani to have a goal involvement. Might be a while before Parrott gets another look in.

Sean Maguire - 7

Saw a header saved early on which he will have been disappointed not to convert, but he started the move for the goal a few minutes later. Sent a shot wide from 20 yards and linked PNE's play together well, like always. His first start of the season and 75 minutes in the tank.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/preston-north-end-player-ratings-25188725.amp

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 Oct 2022 at 11:52am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:24pm
Goal involvement lol 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Goal involvement lol 
Such a little weirdo. LOL
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:43pm

Goal involvement lol 

haha, yeah, but Seanie got an assist to a pass for an assist of the assist, so it's all good.
Seems such gibberish is OK when directed at some players and not others, but such is the way with some folk.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:50pm
Tbf I think the fact that an Irish starting forward has now played about 900 minutes of Championship football this season without a goal involvement is worthy of comment. His previous Championship loan spell was similarly barren. I like Parrott, he has plenty of good qualities and he may well develop into a very good centre forward in time, but I'm not sure he should be starting in the Irish team currently or more importantly in March if things continue in the same vein. I hope things improve between now and then, but he looks to have lost his starting place at PNE and his stats stack up poorly when compared with our other strikers playing at the same level i.e. Keane, Hogan, Robinson, Obafemi and Ogbene.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Goal involvement lol 

haha, yeah, but Seanie got an assist to a pass for an assist of the assist, so it's all good.
Seems such gibberish is OK when directed at some players and not others, but such is the way with some folk.

He was involved in the move for their goal. How many goals has Parrott been involved in the moves for? How many good attacking moves has he even been involved in? Funny, I distinctly remember Maguire been called "sh*t" by several posters here in the recent past yet he seems to have made as much of an impact in <90 minutes played this season than Parrott has in his last half-a-dozen starts or more. Odd how Preston's creative problems don't seem to inhibit him from impacting games at this level.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:58pm

Goal involvement lol 

He was involved in the move for their goal. How many goals has Parrott been involved in the moves for? How many good attacking moves has he even been involved in? Funny, I distinctly remember Maguire been called "sh*t" by several posters here in the recent past yet he seems to have made as much of an impact in <90 minutes played this season than Parrott has in his last half-a-dozen starts or more. Odd how Preston's creative problems don't seem to inhibit him from impacting games at this level.

You remember correctly. I was one of said posters. Haven't changed my mind either.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Goal involvement lol 

You remember correctly. I was one of said posters. Haven't changed my mind either.

HE isnt sh*t, he's been a bit unlucky with injuries, he scored 10 and had 3 assists in 19 starts plus 5 sub apps in the Championship aged 23 for Preston. We could do with a striker posting similar figures right now. He's probably not quite good enough for regular Championship football or international football these days, but he's earned himself a decent living and got 12 Irish caps and an international goal in the process. Fair play to him - 38 goals in 51 apps over 2 seasons for Cork in the LOI as a 21/22yo earned him the move to PNE. Still only 28yo.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 2:26pm

Goal involvement lol 
Such a little weirdo. LOL

Don’t we all know it! You’ve already told your life story on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 250>
  Share Topic