You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

I'm a big Parrott fan, having tracked him since he was 16.

I expected him to kick on this season after a good loan at MK Dons last season Preston are in a bad way, which hasn't helped his woes. So it's not happening for him for club or country at the moment.

Kane had several loans from 17-20 like Parrott. Some successful, some not. It all came together for him at 21. We just have to hope that it will eventually click for him by 22. He's still only 20.

Connolly had to drop back to U21 level, and so has Conor Gallagher for England this month. A few games at U21 level might do him some good. I highly doubt it though. He's closing in on 20 caps.

Too busy thinking about Gucci and how much white his mates sell on a Saturday. Have a look at that Biggie Smalls fella he hangs around with.

Another Anto Stokes.

Will you calm down? LOL

Biggie had the best flow out of any rapper past, present, future. Don't sully his name.
Sponsored Links

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I said it after the game the last night. Shouldn't be selected until he starts scoring at club level. He was very poor tonight. 
but gets in instead - hogan, Robinson. Obafemi and Ogbene are maybe worth a try in November - see if they gel.

Did you watch the game to see the opportunity Hogan missed? Made Parrott's chance against Scotland look like an impossible one.
my pint was hogan and Robinson are not viable options to replace him. I’d stick with TP but would like to see the other 2 start to see if they could gel - general opinion and my feeling is they wouldn’t.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:36pm

I said it after the game the last night. Shouldn't be selected until he starts scoring at club level. He was very poor tonight. 
but gets in instead - hogan, Robinson. Obafemi and Ogbene are maybe worth a try in November - see if they gel.

Did you watch the game to see the opportunity Hogan missed? Made Parrott's chance against Scotland look like an impossible one.

NvM

Edited by Maccatacca - 27 Sep 2022 at 10:37pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:40pm

my pint was hogan and Robinson are not viable options to replace him. I’d stick with TP but would like to see the other 2 start to see if they could gel - general opinion and my feeling is they wouldn’t.

Apologies. Punctuation did neither of us favours there. 

Ogbene on one leg ahead of Hogan for me. I can't fathom why Kenny did that. 
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:45pm
awful tonight . Huffed and puffed but nothing came off . Would be better off leaving him out of the team at the moment . Obafemi far and away a better player 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:12pm
Benched 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Benched 

He's the Championship striker with the most shots without a goal scored (23).
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:37pm
troy will bounce back from this
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

No surprise he's benched, not scoring and had a lot of minutes over the break. Badly needs a goal at this stage.
Idah Dream!
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:10pm

bounce back to what? he's never done it at PNE or in the Championship
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

bounce back to what? he's never done it at PNE or in the Championship

What an idiotic post, bounce back to form obviously.
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Has never been on form in the Championship though, so the jury's still out at this level, as so far he's failed. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:51pm

Has never been on form in the Championship though, so the jury's still out at this level, as so far he's failed. 

Aside from the fact that's untrue (he started the season very well for Preston), he has undeniably been in form elsewhere, specifying that only the Championship counts is redundant. The meaning of the post was completely obvious but for some reason you chose to react to it like a tw*t. Confused
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:55pm

Aside from the fact that's untrue (he started the season very well for Preston), he has undeniably been in form elsewhere, specifying that only the Championship counts is redundant. The meaning of the post was completely obvious but for some reason you chose to react to it like a tw*t. Confused

Are you his Dad or something? 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:07pm

You can’t start the season very well as a striker if you haven’t scored a league goal yet.. it’s true he has never shown any ability at this level yet but hopefully it’ll come.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

You can’t start the season very well as a striker if you haven’t scored a league goal yet.. it’s true he has never shown any ability at this level yet but hopefully it’ll come.

You can actually, yeah. Believe it or not, you consider a player's overall performance. We'll conveniently ignore the league cup goal as well I suppose.
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:44pm
Looks like Troy was really holding Preston back from being a goal machine... oh wait.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:04pm
Right now I don't have any idea as to how Troy's career will develop.
He's young, but I think his attributes are there to be seen, as with any player who has had this much time on the field. Does he lack confidence at this moment, and will come good, or he just is on a run of bad luck, or his teammates don't play him in, or something else?
He works hard, trains hard, he is graceful on the ball, he can be tenacious. So why so few goals?
The impression I get is that he lacks a winner's ruthlessness, and that affects him at the micro-second level enough that it's the difference.

Now for the Irish team he has Darragh Burns, Dara Costelloe and other kids coming up behind him, Idah hopefully coming back maybe this spring, Connolly too.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 250>
  Share Topic