You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

How long do we have to wait for this guy to live up to all the expectations since he arrived on the scene? Too many excuses from people with green tinted glasses on. Done absolutely nothing since he started playing men's football apart from scoring a couple of goals against the mighty Andorra.

Emerging league if Ireland footballer. Very average and that is being kind 

Aye, completely agree with you there. He's a 19yo lad, like how much longer do we have to wait on this teenager playing mens football? It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Confused
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

How long do we have to wait for this guy to live up to all the expectations since he arrived on the scene? Too many excuses from people with green tinted glasses on. Done absolutely nothing since he started playing men's football apart from scoring a couple of goals against the mighty Andorra.

Emerging league if Ireland footballer. Very average and that is being kind 

So.... you can apply that to Idah and Connolly too. By your own standard they have done nothing either and are older than Parrott. 

Connolly has played 45 times for Brighton in the EPL scoring 5 goals.

Connolly throwing his career away is an entirely another matter though!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:46pm
Yep and we will be saying the same thing when he is a 29 year old . Idah and Connolly for all their faults have a lot more potential. Parrott is just not good enough and it will take a massive improvement for me to change my opinion on him 

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:56pm

Yep and we will be saying the same thing when he is a 29 year old . Idah and Connolly for all their faults have a lot more potential. Parrott is just not good enough and it will take a massive improvement for me to change my opinion on him 

fair enough but as most talented teenagers don’t make it to be top player you’re betting an odds on favourite. You previous post ‘how long….’ suggests you know sfa about the game. 

Edited by Dalymount79 - 08 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

[QUOTE=Birdcracker]Yep and we will be saying the same thing when he is a 29 year old . Idah and Connolly for all their faults have a lot more potential. Parrott is just not good enough and it will take a massive improvement for me to change my opinion on him 

fair enough but as most talented teenagers don’t make it to be top player you’re betting an odds on favourite. You previous post ‘how long….’ suggests you know sfa about the game.  [/QUOTe

That makes two of us then I suppose.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 8:27pm
Let's give him until March. If he hasn't scored by then, I think it's only fair that we write him off and close this thread!
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 8:27pm
I think troy should play with the under21 under Crawford in the next international window
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
watching the MK Dons. Parrott has been good 2 decent shots on target, Saying that the MKD commentator was talking about him, about going missing in games. Conor Coventry playing also,has had lots of the ball,good to see. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm
They're losing now.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

They're losing now.
Ya MKDons have been the better team, but gone behind. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 11:41am
Those two chances he had were taken very well in fairness. He may be lacking confidence in front of goal but you wouldn't know it judging by that game.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm
Yeah, I'd not be getting too excited here but I'd put this season down as a steep learning curve for the lad.
Getting plenty of minutes on the pitch and every match for them is competitive.
Am happy enough to let him see out the season there getting regular starts or appearances off the bench.

I think he should be with the 21's in March, but am not sure we will see that happen.
We have other options who can fill out the squad without us having to bring up a lad learning his trade in L1 (I'd have Hogan, Connolly, Scully and Keane all ahead of him in the pecking oreder, to join Robinson and Idah as the forwards in the next squad).

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yeah, I'd not be getting too excited here but I'd put this season down as a steep learning curve for the lad.
Am happy enough to let him see out the season there getting regular starts or appearances off the bench.

I think he should be with the 21's in March, but am not sure we will see that happen.
We have other options who can fill out the squad without us having to bring up a lad learning his trade in L1 (I'd have Hogan, Connolly, Scully and Keane all ahead of him in the pecking oreder, to join Robinson and Idah as the forwards in the next squad).

Why's Connolly deserving of a place and not Troy?
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:18pm
I doubt we'll see him in the 21's either Fozz, but I am not sure we will see Hogan or Scully in the senior squad. I'd imagine up to five forwards to be named, and would see Idah, Robinson, Keane, Parrott and Connolly named. Not even convinced Connolly will make it though. Could be just the other four.

I'd imagine Kenny sees Parrott in the senior squad long term so wouldnt see benefit in dropping him to U21's.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:33pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a one way system policy with Kenny. Once you get called up to seniors, more often than not you're not getting demoted.

You're getting called up to the seniors for a reason. I think Kenny mentioned it but I do believe that when he names a squad, he genuinely would stick any one of them in the first team. 

We only have to look at his tenure so far and some starting 11's that NOBODY would have anticipated. 

Omobamidele coming on as sub against Portugal. Anyone? C'mon. Who had that one?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Why's Connolly deserving of a place and not Troy?

Connolly is operating at a higher level and is a couple of years older then Parrott. I like Parrott and think he's capable of making up into a decent player long term. I agree he should be in the 21s mind. 

Also think relying on the younger lads in attack isn't a help to them. Have them in the squad certainly but leave them develop at club level without having the pressure of delivering in the next year or two at International level. Robinson and Ogbene scoring and stepping forward will benefit these guys.

Robinson Idah Connolly Hogan Collins Ogbene and even the likes of Scully I'd have in ahead of him unless he really takes off in the 2nd half of this season. That could happen too. 

He's getting plenty minutes as Fozz says and it's great for his development. That was a major issue with himself Idah Connolly and Obafemi not getting regular minutes. All 4 are getting them now even if in Obafemis case it's only off the bench. 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:09pm
I'd certainly have Connolly in the squad ahead of Parrott.
As well as operating at a higer level, I believe he has more to offer the team off the bench, or even starting.
This is, of course, dependent on Connolly getting regular games for 'Boro over the next two months.

And even having said all that, I'd agree with Kevin that we should be looking to the older forwards to ease the pressure on the younger lads.
I like the look of Keane, and Hogan's upswing of form can't be ignored (a streaky player though and I'm not calling for his inclusion, just that his name should be in consideration).

Scully is back fit and looks a decent player at L1 level...certainly more of a threat at this stage than Parrott, so if we have to drop to the English 3rd tier for our squad, I'd have Keane and Scully both ahead of Parrott.

But Kenny has a plan, and I believe Kenny believes Troy has a bright future and wants him around the senior squad as much as possible, so I'll trust that Kenny will do the right thing here as he knows his players way more than all of us put together.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:09pm
I can see the argument for dropping Parrott back to the U21s, but I can also see the argument for keeping him with the seniors. I'd lean towards the latter myself.

Putting him back with the U21s, he'd get more games for sure, but I think we all acknowledge a major shortcoming of Crawfords system has been how isolated & uninvolved his striker is. Parrott wouldn't benefit much from that.

I think he's getting a lot more from training with the senior team with much better players & coaches & getting some minutes here & there.

It's important to consider the types of players when picking a squad. Parrott & Connolly offer totally different skills/attributes, so they aren't really competing with each other for a spot.

Scully is probably competing with Connolly.

I think form for Ireland also is something that should factor heavily, not just club form. Parrott has credit in the bank for bailing us out vs Andorra, that's earned him a spot in the senior team, for the time being at least (and certainly has him ahead of the likes of J.Collins & Curtis).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 251>
  Share Topic