Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 250>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm writing him off totally, not just as a footballer but also as a human being. If you're not going to match Kane's record at 19 then I dont want to know.

Evan Ferguson is pushing 18 and I'm losing patience here too. 

There's a toddler in Brazil hitting hattricks in the men's game. Someone should check of he's eligible.

Luis Hatricio?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:30pm
On course for an 8th game without a goal from open play. Should have brought him on in a wooden horse to fool the opposition.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:53pm
Rested/dropped (take your pick) by MK Dons this evening.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 7:50pm
Keep the good men on the bench, then bam. Bob's you're uncle Marleys you're Antie 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:28am
LOL
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:27pm
so many fickle "fans" here. The lad hasn't scored in a bit and he's rubbish all over again. Strange that the mk dons fans seem to rate him highly.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

so many fickle "fans" here. The lad hasn't scored in a bit and he's rubbish all over again. Strange that the mk dons fans seem to rate him highly.

Tbf he appeared to be dropped at the weekend, so people are concerned, particularly as some have advocated for him to be a starter for Ireland, purely because he was starting games.
Idah Dream!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
I think it had more to do with a change of formation than alright dropping Parrott because of form, I think the manager went with one striker up top rather than the usual two up top. They were playing Wigan away who have been one of the form teams in League One, it seemed like a good call as they came away with a 2-1 win. 
I wouldn't be concerned because he is still contributing to the team with assists (3 assists in his last 6 games) including the peno he scored, he is doing fine.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 12:10pm
To say he was dropped is a stretch a while. Dons have some very good attacking options too competitive competition for places. 

Parrott is 19 a kid learning his trade I have said I'd have him in the squad making up the numbers at best. He's one for the future as in 2/3 years time at the earliest.

I do hope he can score from open play in his next few games as while he has contributed assists (7 G/A in 11 games) he hasn't scored from open play in 8 now. Just no harm to keep himself ticking over. 

Brennan Johnson got 25 G/A in 48 games last year for Lincoln at the same age and he's undoubtedly a PL quality player in the making. If a lad can get that in League 1 even at that age they have the raw ability to comfortably operate at top flight football long term. An ask to expect that from Parrott but hopefully he can go a way to getting those sort of numbers. 

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Oct 2021 at 12:11pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

To say he was dropped is a stretch a while. Dons have some very good attacking options too competitive competition for places. 

Parrott is 19 a kid learning his trade I have said I'd have him in the squad making up the numbers at best. He's one for the future as in 2/3 years time at the earliest.

I do hope he can score from open play in his next few games as while he has contributed assists (7 G/A in 11 games) he hasn't scored from open play in 8 now. Just no harm to keep himself ticking over. 

Brennan Johnson got 25 G/A in 48 games last year for Lincoln at the same age and he's undoubtedly a PL quality player in the making. If a lad can get that in League 1 even at that age they have the raw ability to comfortably operate at top flight football long term. An ask to expect that from Parrott but hopefully he can go a way to getting those sort of numbers. 

It's my view that Troy has not benefitted at all from the levels of hype generated due to his presence at Spurs as a 17yo. Were he just a regular 19yo Irish lad breaking into the MK Dons squad this season, we would all be pleased, but nobody would be getting overly excited. I have said previously that the U21s would benefit from his presence and vice versa, certainly for the next round of games, I stand by that. Obviously we would have to be careful to ensure that Troy doesn't view it as a demotion, but if we aren't going to use him in the 2 upcoming fixtures, then imo it would benefit him more to play the 2 competitive U21 games so long as he was happy to do so.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It's my view that Troy has not benefitted at all from the levels of hype generated due to his presence at Spurs as a 17yo. Were he just a regular 19yo Irish lad breaking into the MK Dons squad this season, we would all be pleased, but nobody would be getting overly excited. I have said previously that the U21s would benefit from his presence and vice versa, certainly for the next round of games, I stand by that. Obviously we would have to be careful to ensure that Troy doesn't view it as a demotion, but if we aren't going to use him in the 2 upcoming fixtures, then imo it would benefit him more to play the 2 competitive U21 games so long as he was happy to do so.

And what leads you to think that we aren't going to use him the 2 upcoming fixtures? He came on against Azerbaijan and Qatar.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:03pm
Starts tonight in the pointless cup. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:19pm
Scores v Villa
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Starts tonight in the pointless cup. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Boateng, whose replaced him in the starting XI is starting too.
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
G’wan ya good thing!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:16pm
Not in the mkdons squad today. Mkdons official twitter page saying he's unavailable... whatever that means.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
Some comments saying that he has been "recalled". Not sure how much truth in it though.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
Local report has tweeted he's missing due to personal reasons and will be back next week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 250>
  Share Topic