You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 251>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

from the games hes played as far as i can make out also he has has quite a few chances. if he can start to put away a few more of these as he is getting experience he could turn into quite a decent finisher. If he was able to get 10 for the season that would be a nice figure. Anything above that would be a bonus i reckon. I was disappointed he wasn't involved in the last games properly.

He started at home against Azerbaijan LOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:59pm

from the games hes played as far as i can make out also he has has quite a few chances. if he can start to put away a few more of these as he is getting experience he could turn into quite a decent finisher. If he was able to get 10 for the season that would be a nice figure. Anything above that would be a bonus i reckon. I was disappointed he wasn't involved in the last games properly.

Assuming he continues to start games as a 9, I'd be hoping for a bit more than 10 tbh, he's on 3G 1A already from 8 games and it appears he's on penos also. It's League One. For context, Szmodics had 21 goal involvements (15G 6A) in L1 last season as an attacking midfielder, Scully had 19 (14G 5A) playing off the left, Curtis 19 off the left also (12G 7A). Mc Grath had 22 (17G 5A) in the SPL.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Assuming he continues to start games as a 9, I'd be hoping for a bit more than 10 tbh, he's on 3G 1A already from 8 games and it appears he's on penos also. It's League One. For context, Szmodics had 21 goal involvements (15G 6A) in L1 last season as an attacking midfielder, Scully had 19 (14G 5A) playing off the left, Curtis 19 off the left also (12G 7A). Mc Grath had 22 (17G 5A) in the SPL.

He's on 3 goals and 2 assists already. He will almost certainly get 10 goal involvements if he stays fit and I'd be hopeful he might even do a Scully and hit 25 goal contributions. Also Parrott is only 19 most of those lads are a good deal older. Scully was 21 turning 22 doing that last year which we said made him very promising. He's confirming that promise this year.

You'd be surprised how few 19yos would be capable of getting 25 goal involvements in League 1 even. It's a decent standard of football. 

I do agree with John Nice to an extent that expecting Parrott to be our saviour/source of goals is fantasy island. He's 19 fine to have him in the squad playing a friendly but leave him develop for a few years first.

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Sep 2021 at 2:32pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

i know that. i meant in terms of involvement in the game. i could have worded that more clearly. plus he didnt even get off the bench for serbia.
I love beer gardens
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:01pm

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

i know that. i meant in terms of involvement in the game. i could have worded that more clearly. plus he didnt even get off the bench for serbia.

so you mean you were disappointed he didn't play better against Aze and so earn an opportunity to play against the bigger team.. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
Just gave a lovely assist for Mk Dons goal again another goal contribution.

Watching it here with interest if I had one criticism of him it's that he needs to get in the box a bit more. Operating almost Firmino like at times possibly does hamper his ability to score goals. Eisa an out and out striker coming back from injury will suit him even more. He's contributing with assists which is impressive mind.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm
His crossfield pass to Harvie who set up Twine for the first goal was much better. Was a simple pass to Twine for second really who finished superbly from distance. Showed lovely feet to beat two defenders in the box early in the game but third defender recovered well. Do agree and MK fans have said the same he needs to get in the box more often. There was one instance he just stopped running while in the box and Watters played it across.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Watching it here with interest if I had one criticism of him it's that he needs to get in the box a bit more. Operating almost Firmino like at times possibly does hamper his ability to score goals. Eisa an out and out striker coming back from injury will suit him even more. He's contributing with assists which is impressive mind.

Seemed to be the only criticism of him on that MK Dons forum that was linked as well, wonder has he taken too much inspiration from Harry Kane's later style of play in dropping off rather than getting his goals up first. But I won't complain if he turns in to more of a 10 than a 9, still excited about him and seems this loan move has worked out great so far Clap
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Seemed to be the only criticism of him on that MK Dons forum that was linked as well, wonder has he taken too much inspiration from Harry Kane's later style of play in dropping off rather than getting his goals up first. But I won't complain if he turns in to more of a 10 than a 9, still excited about him and seems this loan move has worked out great so far Clap
He mainly played as a 10 for Ireland at youth level and he was very good at it. From the limited amount of him I have seen I think that is his best position.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:01pm
Parrott is improving all the time, 8 months ago he was out of the ipswich match day squads altogether and now MKDons fans hope to have him till the end of the season.

It's not just his goal contributions but I appreciate that's how he'll be measured but his all round contribution and movement have been noticed too.

He has a ways to go but I feel that by the business end of the season I wouldn't be surprised if the selection headache of Parrott or Idah up front may very well be mute.

I dont think idah has gone through the process that parrott has, a lot of forwards finding their way in the game need to have that spell where they're playing but not yet scoring.

It's only a handful of teenagers like Rooney or mbappe that hit the ground running.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Parrott is improving all the time, 8 months ago he was out of the ipswich match day squads altogether and now MKDons fans hope to have him till the end of the season.

It's not just his goal contributions but I appreciate that's how he'll be measured but his all round contribution and movement have been noticed too.

He has a ways to go but I feel that by the business end of the season I wouldn't be surprised if the selection headache of Parrott or Idah up front may very well be mute.

I dont think idah has gone through the process that parrott has, a lot of forwards finding their way in the game need to have that spell where they're playing but not yet scoring.

It's only a handful of teenagers like Rooney or mbappe that hit the ground running.

Long term you could have Idah and Parrott starting up front rather than one or the other as the 9 and 10. Think Idah would benefit more playing with someone who wants to drop for the ball rather than him being the one to do it. You've also got Connolly and Obafemi who'd be 9s in a strike duo so could be any combination of strikers, but do feel long term Parrott will occupy the position Idah is currently playing for us.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:40pm
Connolly is too unreliable.  He is made of glass. Available for 1 game out of every 3 and he is only young!

We should concentrate on Robinson, Idah and Parrott.   If Connolly is available then its a bonus.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Connolly is too unreliable.  He is made of glass. Available for 1 game out of every 3 and he is only young!

We should concentrate on Robinson, Idah and Parrott.   If Connolly is available then its a bonus.

Disagree entirely with this, Connolly is the best prospect of the lot of them imo
Idah Dream!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 3:47pm
Gets an assist today. Heads down a corner to Kioso to hit home.

What's the news on kioso? Is he with ireland? 2 goals in 4 games for the 22 year old.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm
If he's called up I can't see him turning it down unless he fancies the Congo more because he'd get more caps.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Gets an assist today. Heads down a corner to Kioso to hit home.

What's the news on kioso? Is he with ireland? 2 goals in 4 games for the 22 year old.

Ours if we want him. But if we're in a position that we don't need to call up McNamara (I'm not sure we are -  Christie?!) then it's difficult to justify calling up Kioso.

Then again Lee O'Connor got a call up during the summer. There's no rhyme or reason to it really.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm
https://t.co/0CkX8lNxQd?amp=1

Interesting post this. Little truth to the block Parrotts path to the first team no doubt but does show he's playing well and impressing there. Hopefully he can keep fit and keep it up.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 5:59pm

https://t.co/0CkX8lNxQd?amp=1

Interesting post this. Little truth to the block Parrotts path to the first team no doubt but does show he's playing well and impressing there. Hopefully he can keep fit and keep it up.

Yeah little premature to suggest he might be a possible Kane replacement but he's been good in his last 5 odd games for ipswich last year, scored a couple for the ireland seniors and has carried that forward to MKDons which all seems positive.

Next year I can see him having a second pop at the championship but at the moment he's developing him game very well for MKDons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 251>
  Share Topic