You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:51am
It’s a lovely start for Parrott but what’s most encouraging is the bigger picture a decent side who play good football and an experienced partner at that level in Eisa who seems to have built up a good connection with him. 

Hopefully he can stay fit and firing play every week and if he could register 20-25 goal contributions (has 3 already) it would be magic. Important to temper expectations as plenty can go wrong still injuries,dips in form for a 19 year old all the rest. 

He took that goal last night effortlessly made it look simple it wasn’t especially on his weaker foot. His back seems to be up now which bodes well. 

As for Scully yes it’s a pity Kenny hasn’t given him a look in so far. As stated if he keeps doing his stuff and backs up what he did last year I think he will get a transfer up to the Championship. Eventually if Scully continues to progress relentlessly he will get those calls ups. 

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Aug 2021 at 9:53am
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

His off the ball movement was absolutely top class for those two goals in the last few days. 

Two cool finishes giving the goalies no chance. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he was put on loan again to a Championship club next season on the back of a hopefully good season in League 1 for MK Dons. 

Havnt heard the word goalie in about 30 yearsLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

His off the ball movement was absolutely top class for those two goals in the last few days. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he was put on loan again to a Championship club next season on the back of a hopefully good season in League 1 for MK Dons. 

LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:51am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Now that you say it, +1 LOL

Flashback to world cup doubles
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:14am
Good confidence booster for him ahead of the qualifiers 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:29am
Kenny has highlighted Parrott's impact at underage level as a big reason for his elevation to the senior squad. Scully has no goals in 9 underage games for Ireland and maybe he didn't get enough chances but there were others ahead of him (and there was a brief period with England for Scully that conveniently doesn't get mentioned). Scully also was very poor in the playoffs for Lincoln which can't have helped him. 

Anyway, I think they are different players with Parrott being younger, having a higher ceiling and a greater variety of positions and, rightly or wrongly, Scully hasn't been called up yet and might need to do a bit at Championship level to earn that call up. 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:33am
Strange that both goals have technical similarities. 

Great movement from Parrott, controls the ball with his right foot to set up the left foot finish.

I think he's managing his career very well I must say. Last season was difficult as he was playing mens football for the first time as an 18 year old, this season he looks stronger and more confident but still a teenager.

For contrast, Adam idah is now 20 and has had limited first team football, mostly late sub appearance and 3 or 4 Cup games. By the time Parrott is 20 he'll have three full seasons under his belt.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm
There's a little bit of Kelleher v Bazunu in the Idah v Parrott situation - Bazunu and Parrott going out on loan and getting lots of first team experience at a young age, Kelleher and Idah sticking it out with their parent clubs so far and getting some first team football but not a huge amount. Will be interesting to see which approach was more successful in two or three years time.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Kenny has highlighted Parrott's impact at underage level as a big reason for his elevation to the senior squad. Scully has no goals in 9 underage games for Ireland and maybe he didn't get enough chances but there were others ahead of him (and there was a brief period with England for Scully that conveniently doesn't get mentioned). Scully also was very poor in the playoffs for Lincoln which can't have helped him. 

I think it's a significant weakness of Kenny's at this stage if he's still judging players based on how they did for his Under 21s. In fact it's nonsense really as it means he's basically judging someone like Scully on his performances 18 months to three years ago when he was a youth player at West Ham and takes no account of his development since he moved into senior football.

But it does seem as though that's what he's doing given that he left him out of the squad during the summer. Similar for McNamara also it seems, Kenny would appear to have already made up his mind on him also. All managers have their favourites but he seems to be particularly one eyed when it comes to certain players.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:37pm
Well at the moment it looks like Parrott and Bazunu are the ones that are seeing the most benefit. 

Parrott has clearly gained in his experience, he's played for Millwall, ipswich and MKDons so he's played in various different formations and teams, he's getting starts and improving his overall play. Also doesn't hurt that he has 2 senior international goals already.

Idah has been injured to be fair and will hopefully establish himself this year in the premier league but until then he's behind parrott.

Bazunu has taken a similar path to Parrott and I feel is pulling away in the ireland goalkeeper number one spot. 

Kelleher has the potential to be a fantastic keeper goalie but hasn't proved anything yet.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:46pm
The good thing for Parrott and Idah is that both of them can start (see Hungary). It would be quite a risk to start Kelleher and Bazunu. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

The good thing for Parrott and Idah is that both of them can start (see Hungary). It would be quite a risk to start Kelleher and Bazunu. 

Kelleher at LB could work.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 3:01pm
It's reactionary but I can't help but think Idah would be much better off playing in the Championship this season rather than scraping minutes here and there with Norwich.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It’s a lovely start for Parrott but what’s most encouraging is the bigger picture a decent side who play good football and an experienced partner at that level in Eisa who seems to have built up a good connection with him. 

Hopefully he can stay fit and firing play every week and if he could register 20-25 goal contributions (has 3 already) it would be magic. Important to temper expectations as plenty can go wrong still injuries,dips in form for a 19 year old all the rest. 

He took that goal last night effortlessly made it look simple it wasn’t especially on his weaker foot. His back seems to be up now which bodes well. 

As for Scully yes it’s a pity Kenny hasn’t given him a look in so far. As stated if he keeps doing his stuff and backs up what he did last year I think he will get a transfer up to the Championship. Eventually if Scully continues to progress relentlessly he will get those calls ups. 

Thats it in a nutshell for me.

Parrott isn't really performing any better than he did last season, if you watched him then he was still making the same runs and movement, anticipating the ball etc.. as he is now, but the big difference is hes in a team that have the ball a lot more and make good use of it. Hes getting chances he didn't have.

Millwall and Ipswich were just bad moves. If I recall they were both near the bottom of the table in terms of goals scored last season which translated from their lack of chances created.

It wasnt because they didnt have anyone to score, Harry Kane would have struggled in Parrotts boots in the same conditions.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm
Some people questioning if he meant the assist. I think he did. Either way, the touch and speed of thought to put it in the danger zone was something else. Truly great technique.

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 1:58am
Not a hope he meant that assist LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 3:47pm
An assist 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 250>
  Share Topic