You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Parrott going out on loan again, short term deal with a championship club on the cards. He should be looking at broadening his horizons and going abroad imho. A good dutch or belgian team would suit best.

I see this. Encouraging that Championship clubs are in for him but I’d prefer to see him go to an attacking promotion chasing League 1 club Lincoln Charlton or Portsmouth myself another season at that level to just find his way a bit more. 

A move further along the continent would be interesting also. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does next season. Still only young 19 for most of next season but was a boy in a mans sport last year thrown into the deep end but that will bring him on an awful lot.  
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 12:47pm
Would prefer to see him join a League 1 team that's challenging for the title/promotion as I think it'll knock his confidence back a bit more if it doesn't work out at another Championship club.  

League 1 or a move abroad would be interesting. Would be nice if Kompany took him on at Anderlecht to link up with Cullen. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Parrott going out on loan again, short term deal with a championship club on the cards. He should be looking at broadening his horizons and going abroad imho. A good dutch or belgian team would suit best.

It's one thing saying he should go somewhere (and I do agree it would be good to see our players broaden their horizons) but that relies on there being interest from teams in those countries.

Hoffenheim were reported to have had interest in Aaron Connolly before his breakthrough at Brighton. IDK how serious the interest was but I doubt Connolly paid much heed to it. Pubs and nightclubs probably aren't up to scratch and couldn't be arsed learning a new language, probably.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:20pm
Troy on the bench tonight for Tottenham pre season game. He didn't play in the u23 game yesterday so this looks promising, I'm not saying he'll play for spurs this season but nuno sees enough to include him in the pre season senior games.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:26pm

Presumably all their key players who were involved in the Euros are still on leave?
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:08pm
A lot of players missing but they have a decent enough attacking selection. However, Dane Scarlett came on at H/T while Parrott remains on the bench. This would suggest that Scarlett is ahead of him in the queue. League One loan it is.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:12pm
Parrot come on for the last 25 mins but agree that the optics of scarlett coming on before him is not great.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:13pm
They'll both go on loan. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm
anyone know how Parrott played when he came on? Is he likely to suit the type of forward the new manager likes?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:38am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

anyone know how Parrott played when he came on? Is he likely to suit the type of forward the new manager likes?

I watched the match out of boredom.

He done alright, game had gone pretty flat by time he came on due to sheer number subs from both sides.

Was making good runs off the ball but wasnt really getting any supply.

His one and only chance came in 78th min. Check 3:10:00 on clip below.

I also watched the previous game against Leyton Orient where he played the 2nd half. Didnt have a great game and gave away the ball for their goal with a sloppy loose pass in the middle. 3:50 mark.

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:47am
has turned down a loan move to feynoord. Would prefer a move to championship. Would have been a great move 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:49am
Someone get Josh Cullen in his ear...

I don't understand this obsession with playing in England. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

has turned down a loan move to feynoord. Would prefer a move to championship. Would have been a great move 

That would have been a very interesting move playing in a European league with a good standard, not to mention Robin Van Persie is a coach there now so definitely could have helped his game
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:51am

Angry
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:51am
they’d miss going out on the piss probably, plus his gangsta buddies would be a bit close to their products port of entry.
No Pasaran!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:54am
Poor career decision.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

they’d miss going out on the piss probably, plus his gangsta buddies would be a bit close to their products port of entry.

This is it.

He should have got away from this nonsense and concentrate on his game.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 11:03am

For f**k sake Angry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 250>
  Share Topic