You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 250>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:46am
his comments bout Troy were ok but he was really trying to go dunphy style attack and when host started to question him on taking this performance and win on its own merit versus the past 11 games, felt he got all flushed and started fumbling his words. 
He’s a poor man’s dunphy.

Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

his comments bout Troy were ok but he was really trying to go dunphy style attack and when host started to question him on taking this performance and win on its own merit versus the past 11 games, felt he got all flushed and started fumbling his words. 
He’s a poor man’s dunphy.

Im no Sadlier fan but i saw that and in fairness when Peter Collins asked him that question i at home also went...what????? Even i was confused as to what he was actually on about. Im not sure he knew himself in the end.
I love beer gardens
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:05am
2 prime Harry Kane finishes
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:13am
talk about an over reaction to Sadliers comments what he said was bang and m firstly that they tired which was always going to happen and this made chances come easier for us.

Secondly he said the Millwall staff felt parrot wasn’t ready for mid table championship which looks to be correct and he had to drop another level which is true.

He also said it was the stuff of dreams for parrot and he should be delighted with his performance.

What’s petty about any of that?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:18am
 Parrott has had a really tough first season in men's football, goals didn't come as easy as the u23s, he struggled and was dropped by millwall and then by ipswich.

His confidence was affected in front of goal but he kept plugging away, I think he's seeing the rewards of that difficult start. 

Not to get carried away after one game but he's clearly got talent. 

Ideally he should still be in the u21s at 19 but he's been thrown into the deep end with senior football and so far he's done well.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

talk about an over reaction to Sadliers comments what he said was bang and m firstly that they tired which was always going to happen and this made chances come easier for us.

Secondly he said the Millwall staff felt parrot wasn’t ready for mid table championship which looks to be correct and he had to drop another level which is true.

He also said it was the stuff of dreams for parrot and he should be delighted with his performance.

What’s petty about any of that?

Nothing petty about it - just brought it home to how lowly he was rated by the millwall coaches after working with him (though the evidence was there to back it up anyway - plus he was talking about at that time, so still time to improve, etc).
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:08am
In a lot of those games he was played out wide also though. I think the days of a striker banging them in are getting less and less unless your top level like a Kane or Lewandowski or the likes. If he scores them for us i will be happy. 

Edited by doherty - 04 Jun 2021 at 11:09am
I love beer gardens
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:50am
There was a huge amount of hype around him and the expectation from everyone that he was the next big thing. That sort of praise can be a huge burden when things are not going well. The Millwall and Ipswich experience was a big wake up call for him as things haven't gone as expected. 
Parrott needed those goals as much as Ireland did and hopefully it gives him a bit more confidence to push on.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 11:54am
Don't see much wrong with what Sadlier said. He wasn't a success at Millwall and had to drop down a league
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:29pm
Troy has shown a lot of qualities this season.
Not least his resilience in the face of tough challenges that could have sunk him.
He's ended the season on a high and will go into both Tuesday's match and pre-season feeling great.

Another loan is likely and no harm getting some International goals on the board prior to that.
He will be better next season than last at his club and for us.

Edited by Fozz - 04 Jun 2021 at 12:29pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:47pm
Wouldn't be ridiculous for a championship team to give Parrott another chance at that level. 

Seems to be finding his feet in men's football after a thought year. There's definitely talent there. 

In a year it might be fantastic to see a front three of Connolly idah and parrott.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:25pm
It's all about finding the right team for him to go on loan to. Both Millwall and Ipswich are low scoring teams.
I think he would do well at a team that is already creating chances and not relying on him to revolutionize their play. Someone like Blackburn who are a team that make use of loans and would be looking to be mid-table or higher, or maybe Mick might do us a favour and bring him to Cardiff
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

It's all about finding the right team for him to go on loan to. Both Millwall and Ipswich are low scoring teams.
I think he would do well at a team that is already creating chances and not relying on him to revolutionize their play. Someone like Blackburn who are a team that make use of loans and would be looking to be mid-table or higher, or maybe Mick might do us a favour and bring him to Cardiff

I have said it here before I’d still like to see Parrott go back to League 1 again next season a slightly lower level just to find his way further. He’s a long term project but a proper player in the making. 

Only 2 teams scored less then Ipswich’s 46 goals in League 1 last season the two bottom teams Bristol Rovers and Northampton.

Lincoln Oxford and Charlton and even lower down the League Doncaster Accrington and Burton would be 3 teams that have played good football the last few years and have scored plenty goals. He has more then enough potential to attract the interest of the first 3 mentioned mind. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:53pm
Lincoln would seem a good fit if Appleton stays on there. They're unlikely to get Brennan Johnson back next season and Parrott would seem like a good replacement for him. Appleton's teams play attacking football and create chances. He has also shown an interest in the Irish under 21 squad from the previous campaign - signed Elbouzedi for instance - so he'd be very familiar with Parrott.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:44am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

I have said it here before I’d still like to see Parrott go back to League 1 again next season a slightly lower level just to find his way further. He’s a long term project but a proper player in the making. 

Only 2 teams scored less then Ipswich’s 46 goals in League 1 last season the two bottom teams Bristol Rovers and Northampton.

Lincoln Oxford and Charlton and even lower down the League Doncaster Accrington and Burton would be 3 teams that have played good football the last few years and have scored plenty goals. He has more then enough potential to attract the interest of the first 3 mentioned mind. 

And only 4 scored less than Millwall so he wasn't exactly playing for teams that create loads of chances.

In hindsight, Millwall's unveiling of him on social media was too much, especially for a loan signing who had never played senior football before. But that may have been to mask their own lack of spending.

He's fly (no pun intended) under the radar with his next loan move, which might do him good and not heap pressure on his shoulders.

Technically, he has the talent to be a good player for us.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:53pm
Maybe he was a common contributing factor to both teams scoring so few goals though? Millwall certainly made a distinct improvement after he had left and started scoring goals again
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 12:30pm
Pictured out and about with scumbags the other day, obviously nobody advising him to keep his distance from these people. Combined with two poor loan showings.

Looks like he wants to fail. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 12:37pm
Liam Byrne's son again I'm assuming?l
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 250>
  Share Topic