You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:50pm
The first team pre-season appearances that year probably contributed to the hype around him. But they didn't mean much really, Ryan Johansson played in the Bayern Munich first team in pre season that year also and never got near their first team after that.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:22pm
Back in the Ipswich team tonight.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Back in the Ipswich team tonight.

Seems odd that he’s recalled now for what’s effectively a dead rubber seeing as they’ve no chance of the playoffs. I would have thought Cook would be better off starting players that will be there next season. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:49pm
Usually these loan deals are weighted so that the more a club plays the loaned player, the less the contribution they have to make to his wages.

Possibly, while they were still in the running for the playoffs, they may have felt it was worth the extra cost to drop him if Cook didn't feel he should be in his first team, but now it's a dead rubber it may be worth playing him to save a few quid - we have already seen from the Judge situation recently that saving money is a priority at Ipswich.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 May 2021 at 6:50pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:54pm
The most likely cause would be parrott lacked effort in a good few games so they dropped him to the u23s for a few weeks.

There were games were ipswich were terrible but parrott was probably their best player, I then watched the games before he was dropped to the u23s and he touched the ball maybe 5 times in an hour, really didn't make any effort we saw in the earlier games.

He looked a lot brighter in the last game so I'm not surprised to see him start today.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:56pm
i dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to work out whats been going on here. Dont over think it lads.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

i dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to work out whats been going on here. Dont over think it lads.

Enlighten us. 
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The first team pre-season appearances that year probably contributed to the hype around him. But they didn't mean much really, Ryan Johansson played in the Bayern Munich first team in pre season that year also and never got near their first team after that.

Yep, glorified training sessions, teams using 22 players per game.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:14am
Started last night and did ok.  Would say there is a possibility he will be back at Ipswich next season.  Hopefully he will have matured a bit and be ready for senior football (as he clearly wasn't this season).  

A decent pre season and injury free run would be a big help for him.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:55am
starts today, be good to see him score today and cap off a decent weekend for young Irish strikers.

Edited by Landsdowne90 - 09 May 2021 at 11:56am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:30pm
Scores. Tidy finish, unsurprisingly looked delighted to get the goal.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 May 2021 at 12:32pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:32pm
Tidy finish according to twitter. Haven't seen it myself 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:35pm
Nice goal.
Lovely ball to put him 1v1 and he bypassed the keeper nicely.
More goals in this as Fleetwood look like they are on the beach in Blackpool.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yeah, tidy composed finished. If you were being a complete cynic you'd have to say that it would have been ruled offside if there was VAR.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:42pm
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yeah, tidy composed finished. If you were being a complete cynic you'd have to say that it would have been ruled offside if there was VAR.

Looked onside to me.

Great run. Clap
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:02pm
yeah when ball was played I’d say he was just on, good finish!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

starts today, be good to see him score today and cap off a decent weekend for young Irish strikers.

Will Keane even scores

We’re going to the World Cup 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 250>
  Share Topic