Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 251>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:01am
He’s 19 years old. Give the kid a chance.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Have to say he is one of the most over hyped players for us in the last 10 years , anyone else you can think of ?
The hype is based on brilliant underage performances for Ireland. Shaun Byrne was a class act for Ireland 20 years and never made it. It happens. Parrott is only 19. He may end up leaving Spurs in the next two years but he isn’t finished yet. The best Premier League forwards of the 2026/2027 season are more than likely not playing first team football now either. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Have to say he is one of the most over hyped players for us in the last 10 years , anyone else you can think of ?

You're a miserable aul fart Murph, ya know that?
What would murph know. Sure,he doesn’t  rate Jeff!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:57am
[QUOTE=Claret Murph] Have to say he is one of the most over hyped players for us in the last 10 years , anyone else you can think of ? [/QUOTE

With good reason his goals for Spurs and Ireland underage beinv the main one.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
Hes made progress this season, he's played his first ever senior games, scores his first professional goal.

Admittedly expectations were probably a few hattricks here and there.

But next season will be another milestone for him.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

You're a miserable aul fart Murph, ya know that?
Thanks McG as that's one of the nicest things you have ever called me Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 1:13pm
I don't think it's hype, it's hope. Blind desperate hope that some player can come along and score some goals and stop us being sh*t. 

Hardly Parrott's fault
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 2:49pm
Back on the bench.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 May 2021 at 2:50pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Wins a penalty ten minutes after coming on. Norwood misses it.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That is the quality that he has. Not even match sharp and he can come on and create things. It's criminal he was dropped from that squad.

Edited by Heimatklange - 01 May 2021 at 4:46pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That is the quality that he has. Not even match sharp and he can come on and create things. It's criminal he was dropped from that squad.

LOL

Any craic Troy?

Edited by irishmufc - 01 May 2021 at 6:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:44pm
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/swindon-town-v-ipswich-town-player-ratings-7940600

Troy Parrott (for Bishop, 62) 

Came on and made a positive impact on this game, ultimately playing on the left flank and bringing energy to his side while looking to work his way towards goal. Won Town’s second penalty and looked like he could link up well with Norwood. 7

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:51pm
Would love to know what those at spurs think about parrott now and how far hell go. I know hes young but its not looking good at present
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Would love to know what those at spurs think about parrott now and how far hell go. I know hes young but its not looking good at present

I think Mourinho leaving will be good for Parrott as I don't think Mourinho would've trusted him even he scored 20 goals on loan. That's not a criticism of Mourinho as I thought he was spot on when he said Parrott wasn't ready and he's proven to be correct. 

It'll be interesting to see who Spurs get but Parrott overall hasn't justified his place in the Spurs squad. If Parrott performs well next season then whoever the new Spurs manager is may give him some consideration but Parrott needs to do it himself. 

I hope he goes on loan next season rather than playing in the Spurs U-23s/reserves. 

Edited by irishmufc - 01 May 2021 at 7:57pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:06am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I think Mourinho leaving will be good for Parrott as I don't think Mourinho would've trusted him even he scored 20 goals on loan. That's not a criticism of Mourinho as I thought he was spot on when he said Parrott wasn't ready and he's proven to be correct. 

It'll be interesting to see who Spurs get but Parrott overall hasn't justified his place in the Spurs squad. If Parrott performs well next season then whoever the new Spurs manager is may give him some consideration but Parrott needs to do it himself. 

I hope he goes on loan next season rather than playing in the Spurs U-_23s/reserves. 

Regarding Parrott I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him get a loan in a League like the Scottish one? St Mirren with the Irish contingent up there an option? Just slightly out the way from the clutches of English football still a very decent level to be playing football matches. 

Is sticking in the 23s with Spurs for a season really a good option for him now? 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:55pm

I hope he goes on loan next season rather than playing in the Spurs U-23s/reserves. 

And yet Pochettino was including him in and around the first team over 18 months ago....albeit pre-season, but I remember watching him against Inter an looked far from out of place

maybe the current manager would give him a go.....seeing as he only a couple of years older than him
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:15pm
Last two games of the season tomorrow and Sunday. Would be good to see parrott get a couple of performances in before the end of the season

I think it would he good for him if he could manage another loan move to Ipswich.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

And yet Pochettino was including him in and around the first team over 18 months ago....albeit pre-season, but I remember watching him against Inter an looked far from out of place

maybe the current manager would give him a go.....seeing as he only a couple of years older than him

He also played well against Juventus if I remember correctly but the bottom line is, he's probably regressed if anything through a combination of injuries, poor form & lack of confidence since. 

Thinking about it again, it may do him some good to go back into the U-23s, get scoring and some confidence back and maybe get another loan in January. There might be a good bit of pressure on him to well on his third loan so under 23s may be a good shout going into net season. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 251>
  Share Topic