Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 250>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:18pm
He's very young, and has a lot of time on his side. However, he shouldn't be in the senior team at the moment. He is struggling to score in League 1, after not scoring in the Championship. He has had a busy, but disappointing season. Its a case of walk before he runs, and in truth Scott Hogan should have been selected ahead of him. 
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:28pm
it’s hard to see what type of striker he is....he has no real pace so can’t be played over the top,he needs to bulk up so he can’t hold the ball up,he seems to come deep to start play so he’s no fox in the box,he doesn’t work the line either...another David Connolly me thinks.

hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:29pm
David Connolly would be a blessing right about now. He scored goals!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:38pm
Parrott is nothing like David Connolly. Be delighted if we had a  Connolly type at the minute.
I love beer gardens
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:20am
Well, we better hope he comes good because there's not another player who's scoring for us at the moment 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 5:59am
Bit harsh on Parrott. I think he is a very tidy player but he has grown a fair bit over the last while and it can take time. He has a brain and a nice touch. He is struggling going from 23's where it was all nice football to the dogsh*te Ireland/Milwall/Ipswich play and probably will take a couple of years. Still a teenager like.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 6:28am
Far too early to be judging him, he's in the middle of his first season of senior football. Stephen Ward spoke very highly of him the other; great attitude and work ethic at Ipswich. He may not warrant a place in our squad at the moment, but it has to be assumed he's there based on potential and the chance for him to get experience.

We need to stop writing off players because they haven't scored 15-20 league goals at 19. If he was capable of that, he wouldn't have been sent on loan. No reason he can't have a great career.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 8:29am
Playing him now on these games will only benefit him in the long run, these 2 years will help a lot of the u21's develop into the senior squad, so hopefully we see the benefit of this in the next QC.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 9:11am
He has time on his side but it’s clear he is not ready for senior football yet.

This has to be impacting his confidence. I’d rather him scoring at underage level. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 9:43am
I dont think he was that bad. Would prefer to see him more advanced for club and country 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
jesus give the lad a chance LOL
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:56am
If parrot was still playing for our u21s he would be still seen as a great prospect.

Put him in the senior team and his whole career is in the toilet.

LOL
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:31am
Some of the criticism of him seems fairly harsh. He done ok when he came on, nothing spectacular anyway but held the ball up ok, played a few decent passes to link up with players. He was playing a bit too deep but think he worked fairly hard which which his good to see especially when some questions were asked of his commitment and work rate this season. To be honest what were people expecting him to do? Our midfield were completely overrun for most of the 60 plus minutes he was on the pitch it’s not like he had many chances.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Some of the criticism of him seems fairly harsh. He done ok when he came on, nothing spectacular anyway but held the ball up ok, played a few decent passes to link up with players. He was playing a bit too deep but think he worked fairly hard which which his good to see especially when some questions were asked of his commitment and work rate this season. To be honest what were people expecting him to do? Our midfield were completely overrun for most of the 60 plus minutes he was on the pitch it’s not like he had many chances.
My comment was meant in a more general sense. I agree with your assessment of his match performance. 
I was just talking in generally about the thread that some have been fairly critical of his performance when he was ok. There’s certainly a decent football in there which is more than can be said about a lot of the players in the squad. People are crying out for him to be banging in the goals simply as we are so desperate for a good striker but he seems to be developing into a no.10 an area we are lacking in also. I agree with you on the part where nobody really cares about what Ward says.

Edited by Donegalman - 31 Mar 2021 at 12:00pm
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:35pm
remember Harry kane didn't look anything special till he was 21/22
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I don’t think you can make the comparison. They’ve a very different style for one. I think the issue with Parrot is he’s been compared to Robbie Keane his entire career thus far. He may never hit those great heights, we need to be prepared for that. Regardless of senior or u21, he really needs to start showing some ability in front of the goal. Instead of being hyped up by supporters.

Edited by TigerRoll - 31 Mar 2021 at 12:52pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:25pm

Still an awful looking yoke mate
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Still an awful looking yoke mate
Tripping over his tongue wins him a lot of penalties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 250>
  Share Topic