You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A fairly honest assessment of where Parrott will find himself in the pecking order when he returns to Tottenham for pre season.

To be honest I've read 100s of these articles, all the way back to the days of Danny Cadamarteri. 

They hold little weight so I'd disagree that it's anything near an honest assessment of where Troy Parrott is.

Sponsored Links

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 1:51pm
https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/1365616512673976323

Write up in The Athletic on spurs loan signings, including Parrott, who is impressing at Ipswich.  
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 4:53pm
Anyone see parrot play today
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Anyone see parrot play today
Saw most of the first half. Some decent flashes of play but no real danger created or wasn’t on the end of anything either. Still finding his feet at this level it looks to me. Someone who saw the whole match might have a different view. Alan Judge scored a great free kick but wasn’t in it otherwise. Hasn’t the pace to cause damage even at this level.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:26pm
Finding his feet, terrible managers, bad pitches and recovering from injury. Great goal Troy would be nice! 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:07pm
Paul Cook is his new manager.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Paul Cook is his new manager.

Great news for Troy, Cooks teams play attacking football and create plenty of chances. If that man doesn't get him scoring no one will LOL
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:06pm
Paul Cook will get the best out of Troy. From being around managers for a long time Paul Cook is the very best I have seen. Great motivator and great with young players.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Paul Cook will get the best out of Troy. From being around managers for a long time Paul Cook is the very best I have seen. Great motivator and great with young players.
will forever be remembered as the only manager to lead a team to victory over Monaghan United in a major cup final. Troy is in safe handsClap
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Did Jack Byrne say that? Big smile
El Puto Amo
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:19pm
Parrott through on goal, gets taken down and wins a penalty which he doesn't take and is saved.

Offending player sent off
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:52pm
Scrappy half of football, lot of long ball, ipswich marginally the better team but it really isn't saying much. 

Parrott will have better games than what's on display. Again a few bright touches but doesn't look like a goal threat.
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:06pm
I really do not see the hype about this lad. He is a very average footballer 18 or otherwise.. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
I have to agree. He is a striker and he hasnt scored in something like 17 matches at championship and league one standard.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I have to agree. He is a striker and he hasnt scored in something like 17 matches at championship and league one standard.

Would be closer to 25+ I'd say now.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
Give the lad a chance , he's only 19. The most important thing is he gets games and experience playing mens football 

Edited by howieb - 02 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:54pm
He's not even playing as a striker though.... He wasn't at Millwall, and doesn't look like he is at Ipswich 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:00pm

Watched another ipswich game and of course followed Parrott, he played 87 mins and played more an attacking midfield role than a forward.

Pros - always wanted the ball, seems to be a 90min player, some nice touches, one of the teams better players without being great. 

Cons - never a goal threat, sloppy in parts but the pitch was horrible so everyone was sloppy. Ipswich play a fair few high balls and he never looks like winning them. 

I'm not going to rule out a teenager at the start of his career, yes he hasn't scored in 20 odd games but he's only played 20 odd games in his career and he's playing some promising stuff. 

Confidence in front of goal might start impacting him. 

I won't be watching another ipswich game...

Edited by Left foot - 02 Mar 2021 at 9:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 251>
  Share Topic