You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:27pm
A lot of Irish players start of in Premier League clubs then go down through the leagues and come back up again. Seems there is a good mentality among some of them. 

If anything positive is to come from these loans it's how easily you can drop to lower leagues and struggle. He is learning valuable lessons here. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:44pm
You still have to wonder about the optics. Gavin Bazuna is leaking loads of goals for Rochdale, but by all accounts he's getting great reports.

If you stuck Allison in goal for Rochdale would he do much better?

Troy is in the unfortunate scenario where you can easily go unnoticed as a striker. Any other position on the pitch and for better or worse you'd have more of an idea of what they are all about.

The fact is Troy has played back-to-back for two teams who aren't that good and struggle to create chances. the bottom line of his position is scoring goals and that's what he's been judged on. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:07pm
Yes but Troy needs to create chances for himself too, you can't be a striker that can only score if it's put on a plate for you. 

He needs the aggression that Connolly has. He Is definitely technically very good and a great finisher but he needs to do more.

I think he will be a very good player for us and this stint and millwall and Ipswich will be a good learning curve for him 

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yes but Troy needs to create chances for himself too, you can't be a striker that can only score if it's put on a plate for you. 

He needs the aggression that Connolly has. He Is definitely technically very good and a great finisher but he needs to do more.

I think he will be a very good player for us and this stint and millwall and Ipswich will be a good learning curve for him 

We can't have it both ways with Troy. If he drops deep to get the ball due to his team mate's inability in the final third, you can hardly give him stick for then not being on the end of things in the box. He's damned either way. If he was starting up front for Lincoln, we might see a different Troy, but as a striker with Ipswich, if he's forced to constantly drop deep to compensate from his own team's lack of creativity, then he'll be p!ssing in the wind more often than not. And goals will be a rare occurrence if he's constantly relied upon to both create and score.

Regarding Connolly, he isn't utilised to his potential at Brighton. His best form was under Kenny in the 21's. Running from deep from/down the wings. As you said, his aggression and specifically direct style is a huge asset, that's not capitalised on enough. Connolly wants to play through the middle. But at 21, it's apparent that when it comes to goals he's going to be more of a Shane Long than a Robbie Keane. Should stay out wide.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
I think he’ll be a number 10 in the long run. Away from Spurs, his Kane-like playmaking from the front is not broadly useful. Can see him in the Totti mode
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:53pm
Totti LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:55pm
We'll be lucky if he's a Benito Carbone or Bernardo Corradi.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

We can't have it both ways with Troy. If he drops deep to get the ball due to his team mate's inability in the final third, you can hardly give him stick for then not being on the end of things in the box. He's damned either way. If he was starting up front for Lincoln, we might see a different Troy, but as a striker with Ipswich, if he's forced to constantly drop deep to compensate from his own team's lack of creativity, then he'll be p!ssing in the wind more often than not. And goals will be a rare occurrence if he's constantly relied upon to both create and score.

Regarding Connolly, he isn't utilised to his potential at Brighton. His best form was under Kenny in the 21's. Running from deep from/down the wings. As you said, his aggression and specifically direct style is a huge asset, that's not capitalised on enough. Connolly wants to play through the middle. But at 21, it's apparent that when it comes to goals he's going to be more of a Shane Long than a Robbie Keane. Should stay out wide.

Fair enough has me many assists this season?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Totti LOL

Phew, thought we were upping our expectations there.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

No idea. Dont think so. 

But I also have no idea how many assists he's missed out on due to teammates missing goal chances.  

But assists aren't the best qualifier. I rather see a detailed look at a given players contribution to a phase of play that lead to a goal, as opposed to an assist which could boil down to the last player who made a simple 4 foot pass prior to goal being scored. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
”Totti mode” doesn’t mean he’s going to be as good as Totti, for the dim kids in here
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

”Totti mode” doesn’t mean he’s going to be as good as Totti, for the dim kids in here

It’s a ridiculous comment whatever way you meant it.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:34pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id say if 1 went in hed be off and running. Just the pressure of the 1st goal

I'd agree with that, there's no question  he's had a bad start, but it is still just the start... 

You compare with Connolly when they were both in the same u21 team and you'd say parrott was the better prospect. 10 months on and one is in the premier league and the other in league 1.

Connolly got his chance at a lowly albeit decent enough Premiership club and took it......Parrot was at a big club so his chances were always going to be slim, he's been loaned out to 2 garbage teams in tough leagues for a youngster to flourish
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:53pm
It’s nice to have followers Smile
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:04pm

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

No idea. Dont think so. 

But I also have no idea how many assists he's missed out on due to teammates missing goal chances.  

But assists aren't the best qualifier. I rather see a detailed look at a given players contribution to a phase of play that lead to a goal, as opposed to an assist which could boil down to the last player who made a simple 4 foot pass prior to goal being scored. 
He has zero goals and zero assists we can continue to blame a bad style of football ,players missing chances he might have created.
Or we can call it like it is and say things up to now this season have gone poorly for him and his progression isn’t what we had hoped.

And for one of our big hopes this is very disappointing.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:13pm
I have sat through millwall games and now ispwich games just to watch parrott. Both teams are crap but he has been extremely disappointing. I really was hoping he would be a great white hope but at present he looks like he could be back in the league of Ireland before long, sadly.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I have sat through millwall games and now ispwich games just to watch parrott. Both teams are crap but he has been extremely disappointing. I really was hoping he would be a great white hope but at present he looks like he could be back in the league of Ireland before long, sadly.
It’s all about zefi and Ferguson now!
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:01pm
Playing in a 442 today, half time, he's been poor again so far. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 250>
  Share Topic