You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 250>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:38pm
Seems to be a scapegoat for Millwall fans at the moment. After all their complaining about him I watched their match against BC and he was decent if not spectacular. However then on their forums he is getting blamed for everything. Was playing v deep and had some good touches. To me looks like the kind of player that would would work well with better players around him by playing 1-2’s and good movement. Doesn’t have searing pace to stand out on his own. 
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Every week Millwall fans keep saying the same thing, lazy and uninterested and way off the pace about Parrot. I watched him a couple of times and he was poor. 
I had convinced myself he'd be like Robbie Keane at Wolves when his move to Millwall was announced!
Where do you all think he'll be next season?

Millwall are a terrible team, far too fond of hoofing the ball forward... And then they play him as a number 10... But he's not playing a traditional number 10. He's essentially just playing behind the frontman.

Parrot is definitely not faultless in this, but he's surrounded by average to not very good players playing a dreadful system. 

No player looks good for them. Rowett is a spoofer. 

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:46pm
I really hope I am wrong but I have seen him a lot lately and he looks slow, not interested and very flaky. Seem to have nothing at all about him. Very disappointing  and it would not surprise me if he ended up in league one in next few years. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm
One of the Facebook groups were saying he was playing centre midfield.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Well the fans are as clueless as the manager then. 

He was playing in behind the front striker. He ended up being neither here nor there. He doesn't have the relevant skill or guile of a traditional number 10 to play the role. 

That's not to mention that Millwall where just lumping the ball up the field. Rowett is tactically enept. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I really hope I am wrong but I have seen him a lot lately and he looks slow, not interested and very flaky. Seem to have nothing at all about him. Very disappointing  and it would not surprise me if he ended up in league one in next few years. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in League 1 in the next few weeks to be honest. Clearly he's not ready for Championship football, ending this loan early and finding a club at a lower level for the test of the season might be a better option.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Well the fans are as clueless as the manager then. 

He was playing in behind the front striker. He ended up being neither here nor there. He doesn't have the relevant skill or guile of a traditional number 10 to play the role. 

That's not to mention that Millwall where just lumping the ball up the field. Rowett is tactically enept. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Live Score had him down as playing in CM, they more than likely looked at the team line up Live Score had and then posted that. Live Score only changed it from 3-4-2-1 to 4-4-2 mid way through the first half.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:37pm
Never struck me as a lad that was lazy. I have seen him put in fierce shifts for both Ireland and Spurs. I just honestly think their style doesn't suit him and he can't figure out how to get himself in games. he still picks up great positions and makes great runs. Milwall just don't play football. They are  a terrible team compared to last year. Look at him this season for Milwall and compare it to him playing for SPurs in the summer friendlies against top players. I know they are friendlies but it is clear there is a player there
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:45pm
Having watched the match, he definitely didn't play in midfield. He spent most of the game chasing shadows due to Millwall's inability to hold on to the ball and constant lumping it.

He definitely ran his bollocks out in the first half. I'm sure every player hits a point where the futility of the situation is so obvious they must think.. what the fook am I doing this for.. This may account for his dropping off in application in games.

There's nobody of quality in millwall's midfield. nobody who's going to play the killer pass or put you through on goal. actually the amount of times the Millwall players were falling over themselves was quite something. 

Rowett really should have been given the heave-ho by now. Septic.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
Yeah agreed.
Have watched more than a fair share of Millwall's games this season and they are just a terrible team.
Then I watch the likes of Brentford or Lincoln a league lower and they are playing a different sport.

Am happy Troy is getting games and will stand to him, but can't see where any goals are coming from.
Hope he's sent elsewhere next season.
As I think I've said before, the good news is it has put brakes on the hype.

Edited by Fozz - 23 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
One of these comments standing out like a sore thumb...

Funny how McNamara is flying it despite coming straight into such a terrible team.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Funny how McNamara is flying it despite coming straight into such a terrible team.
There definitely is the argument that a quality player should stand out in a bucket side. Wouldn’t write him off yet though.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:20pm

McNamara was dropped today. I agree he has been doing well the last couple of weeks though. It’s easier to shine as a defender in a negative team. Unless you’re a unit, it’s tricky to stand out as an attacker in a hoof ball side. Having said that, Parrott hasn’t been brilliant so far. 
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:28pm
It’s not as simplistic as “he should be standing out”. McNamara is a defender for a start a young full back holding up his own fort so to speak will find it easier to stand out in a poor team then most players in most positions. Aarons and Lewis for Norwich last year a prime example attracted a lot of attention off clubs despite being in an atrocious team. 

Knight is a player who is all go and has a very aggressive style hence stands out in a Derby team not going great by there standards either. 

Parrott isn’t the sort of player Knight is let’s say that’s not to say he couldn’t be putting in a shift. Didn’t see the game so can’t comment either way. 

The minutes and the rough experience will stand to him, it may actually focus his mind a bit and also calms down the hype. A team like Derby,Barnsley or even a Lincoln if they go up or even one of the better League 1 teams that don’t go up like Charlton that play decent football may well be a better fit for him for a loan move next year then. 

A move beyond England into Holland,Germany,Belgium mightn’t be a bad shout for him either. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm
We can sugar coat it anyway we want it’s not going well he’s a striker and doesn’t have a goal to his name they might be a poor side but this isn’t good for him.
Grand to say the experience will stand to him but that is only valid for so long he is only a young lad and his confidence must be shot  
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

We can sugar coat it anyway we want it’s not going well he’s a striker and doesn’t have a goal to his name they might be a poor side but this isn’t good for him.
Grand to say the experience will stand to him but that is only valid for so long he is only a young lad and his confidence must be shot  

Funny how Scully has been doing his stuff without any noise at Lincoln. 

The lack of pace is a serous concern. 

Difficulties of Milwalls season aside,  0 goals for a striker in January is alarming. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:42pm

Ah, that's a very unfair comparison for Troy really. McNamara is a defender playing for a defensively set up team, he has done his apprenticeship with Newport and St Johnstone and has worked his way up to the point of breaking into the Millwall side at 22.

Parrott is a very young centre forward playing mostly out of position in a defensive team that doesn't play to his strengths at all. He's being put into a much more difficult position than McNamara here, I don't think you can compare the two situations at all really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 250>
  Share Topic