You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

People writing off an 18 year old inexperienced kid is fckin pathetic. There are some serious arseholes on this forum.
Quite correct that you can't write him off on the basis of a few Millwall games.

Neither can you talk him up.

Why cannot people (not you Franko) just wait another bit and see how things develop? For the one thing we should surely all agree on is that the player has got time on his side (even if the ROI NT don't).

Meanwhile, I recently read a quotation from Mourinho from back during his Chelsea days where he basically said that loans were just his way of "getting players out of the club" (paraphrasing).

I wish I'd kept the reference, since I can't find it now, but I remember thinking that it really didn't look good for Troy Parrott and Oliver Skipp (an ever-present with Norwich this season).

Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm
Terri sticking pins in his Troy Parrott voodoo doll as we speak.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm

From an Irish perspective, I wouldn't worry massively about Joses previous comments. Without being intentionally pessimistic, I don't think he will break through at Spurs and there's no shame in that necessarily. If Parrott does well at Millwall, there will be suitors for his services and Mourinho will let him go if he doesn't feature in his plans. It's great that he is getting Championship experience even if he hasnt set the world on fire so far. He's still only finding his feet at that level. 
El Puto Amo
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

People writing off an 18 year old inexperienced kid is fckin pathetic. There are some serious arseholes on this forum.

Is anyone writing him off?

I think with the hype some have given him, its being disappointing.

You’re right, he’s only 18, the next 2/3 years we’ll know. He’ll need the right attitude off the pitch too to get him over the line. That is critical.  Let’s wait and see, and hope to god he’ll make it
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

From an Irish perspective, I wouldn't worry massively about Joses previous comments. Without being intentionally pessimistic, I don't think he will break through at Spurs and there's no shame in that necessarily. If Parrott does well at Millwall, there will be suitors for his services and Mourinho will let him go if he doesn't feature in his plans. It's great that he is getting Championship experience even if he hasnt set the world on fire so far. He's still only finding his feet at that level. 

Certainly not, and that is without even digging into Jose's less that stellar record of determining whether a young talent is worth keeping around or selling.

Edited by Wes_Wanderers - 13 Jan 2021 at 3:15pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm a Spurs fan, you idiot.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm a Spurs fan, you idiot.

LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Some players just adapt better to senior men's football as well. O'Connor looks like a player who is really suited to youth football but looks a bit lost playing with senior professionals. I think he'll be a late developer if he makes it at all. Could easily be playing in the LoI in a year or two.

McNamara was less of a standout at underage level but has made the jump to senior football look easy. Did well in League 2 last season, made a small step up in terms of playing SPL this season and stood out again and now looks ready for the Championship.

Unfortunately Parrott is in the O'Connor category so far - a standout underage player who is struggling against senior pros. However he is still very young so hopefully the Millwall experience brings him on in the longer term. Absolutely no guarantee that he will make it though. I'd leave him with the Under 21s for Ireland for now, I don't think he has done enough yet to be a regular in the senior squad.

O'Connor has played 19 times for Tranmere this season - would hardly say thats struggling.

He's the only right back in their squad yet hasn't always been a starter - at times they have put the second choice left back in to replace him.

Their main priority this transfer window is to sign a right back to replace him as he generally hasn't impressed, despite being down in League 2.

Edited by You Tell Me - 13 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Some players just adapt better to senior men's football as well. O'Connor looks like a player who is really suited to youth football but looks a bit lost playing with senior professionals. I think he'll be a late developer if he makes it at all. Could easily be playing in the LoI in a year or two.

McNamara was less of a standout at underage level but has made the jump to senior football look easy. Did well in League 2 last season, made a small step up in terms of playing SPL this season and stood out again and now looks ready for the Championship.

Unfortunately Parrott is in the O'Connor category so far - a standout underage player who is struggling against senior pros. However he is still very young so hopefully the Millwall experience brings him on in the longer term. Absolutely no guarantee that he will make it though. I'd leave him with the Under 21s for Ireland for now, I don't think he has done enough yet to be a regular in the senior squad.

O'Connor has played 19 times for Tranmere this season - would hardly say thats struggling.

He's the only right back in their squad yet hasn't always been a starter - at times they have put the second choice left back in to replace him.

Their main priority this transfer window is to sign a right back to replace him as he generally hasn't impressed, despite being down in League 2.

he has been a starter for all but the last two or three games so why are you viewing this so negative i wonder.

and where are you getting that he has not impressed and then want to replace him , if they only have one right back as you say then of course signing another is a priority , this does not necessarily mean it is to replace him . literally the only recent news on him is a celtic scouting report from a couple of weeks ago that says he is progressing well

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 13 Jan 2021 at 5:46pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:36pm
We'll have to agree to disagree about O'Connor then. He has consistently been picked out as a weak link in the Tranmere team this season. 

Not every young Irish player is the next 50 cap international we want them to be. Sometimes players look promising at a young age but don't develop as hoped. There's obviously still time for him but, in terms of keeping pace with other Irish players from his age group like O'Shea, Collins, Knight, even Dan McNamara in his own position, he needed to go to League 2 and be a standout player at Tranmere. He hasn't done that at all, and it will be interesting to see how much football he plays between the end of the transfer window and the end of the season.

And, in fairness, Celtic are hardly going to publish a scout report saying he's been utter sh*te all season.

Edited by You Tell Me - 13 Jan 2021 at 6:37pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm

We'll have to agree to disagree about O'Connor then. He has consistently been picked out as a weak link in the Tranmere team this season. 

Not every young Irish player is the next 50 cap international we want them to be. Sometimes players look promising at a young age but don't develop as hoped. There's obviously still time for him but, in terms of keeping pace with other Irish players from his age group like O'Shea, Collins, Knight, even Dan McNamara in his own position, he needed to go to League 2 and be a standout player at Tranmere. He hasn't done that at all, and it will be interesting to see how much football he plays between the end of the transfer window and the end of the season.

And, in fairness, Celtic are hardly going to publish a scout report saying he's been utter sh*te all season.

no one says he is going to be a 50 cap player all i am asking is that you provide your source for your numerous negative claims about him such as tranmere want to replace him , he has terrible , he has been consistently picked out as a weak link , and the likes . i see no sources that say this
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

no one says he is going to be a 50 cap player all i am asking is that you provide your source for your numerous negative claims about him such as tranmere want to replace him , he has terrible , he has been consistently picked out as a weak link , and the likes . i see no sources that say this
Any chance of you two f**king off to the Lee O’Connor thread?
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

seems like o'connor doing pretty well at tranmere. disappointed parrott hasn't been able to get a goal or assist in 10 games in the league but the first team football will serve him well hopefully. agree that the expectations were a little over the top
I think he got one assist against Coventry on the 2nd Jan.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:48pm

Do your own research, look up their forums, looks at their transfer and match threads. The information is out there. Right back has been a problem position for Tranmere this season and they are actively looking to solve it. They are trying to bring in Josh Cogley on loan from Birmingham to fix the issue as they have had to play players out of position at RB due to a lack of trust in O'Connor.

He had a better game at the weekend in the cup but overall he has struggled at this level. If they succeed in getting someone else in he'll hopefully still get chances as a back up in the position. Or maybe the game at the weekend was the sign of him developing, who knows. But he has struggled badly this season overall unfortunately.

Anyway, Troy Parrott...
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:16pm

Do your own research, look up their forums, looks at their transfer and match threads. The information is out there. Right back has been a problem position for Tranmere this season and they are actively looking to solve it. They are trying to bring in Josh Cogley on loan from Birmingham to fix the issue as they have had to play players out of position at RB due to a lack of trust in O'Connor.

He had a better game at the weekend in the cup but overall he has struggled at this level. If they succeed in getting someone else in he'll hopefully still get chances as a back up in the position. Or maybe the game at the weekend was the sign of him developing, who knows. But he has struggled badly this season overall unfortunately.

Anyway, Troy Parrott...

Can only speak for myself, but I have attempted to research what you say. There is scarcely anything news-wise about O'Connor online, but what I have found is the following: 2 Celtic scouting reports, the first from November saying he has been impressing Tranmere fans, with various tweets and references like "the Irish Cafu", and the second from December stating that he is "doing well". Other than that, he is mentioned in their recent match report against Barnsley which states he made "2 goal saving challenges".

As for this right back you are saying they are chasing to "replace him", there are a couple of rumour stories from 3-4 days ago saying Cogley is being looked at not just by Tranmere, but also Oldham, Crewe, and Salford. There is nothing specific about Tranmere being front runners for him, and certainly nothing that they want him to "replace" O'Connor.

To be perfectly honest, it seems that you have seen that he hasn't played in the last couple of games and simply filled in the rest of the narrative yourself.

Edited by Wes_Wanderers - 13 Jan 2021 at 10:18pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:29pm
another start for TP today - time to get that goal 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

another start for TP today - time to get that goal 

Yeah just saw that too, that's i think 3 starts in a row for him so there's faith in him that's for sure.

A goal would be very welcome but a good performance is must. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm
Was poor in first half. Will he ever score for Millwall? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 250>
  Share Topic