You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 250>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:27pm
then they immediately score
Sponsored Links

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:29pm
Shocked
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm
Thought he done alright, was working hard before he got taken off and was down at left back tracking there winger, Millwall are playing him out on the left probably why hes not getting many chances, its a great learning curve at 18.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

According to Millwall fans he doesn't work hard at all and has been useless tonight.
Hopefully the club just isn't the right fit, and the experience does him some good. 

Know a lot off Millwall fans, do you?
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:34pm
I actually know a couple yeah, used to live near the ground!

Have a read of this though, they all say he's been absolutely brutal.

Edited by GaretFarellysNutSack - 12 Jan 2021 at 9:35pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:35pm
Needs a goal. Has played enough games with some ok performances but the longer he goes without a goal.

Cant complain if hes on the bench for the next game..
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

I actually know a couple yeah, used to live near the ground!

Have a read of this though, they all say he's been absolutely brutal.

I can not see any of them saying he is "absolutely brutal", although I did see one post quoting Neil Warnock that "under 23 football is too soft" which probably tells you about the quality of football analysis you are dealing with. The main source of the "Parrott has been absolutely brutal" quotes seems to be you, which you repeat after every game he doesn't score seemingly regardless of how he has actually played.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:22pm
McNamara has looked decent in last two games,tidy on the ball, hopefully he keeps developing 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 11:21pm
the problem is he was hailed as the great white hope and so far looks like he has a long way to go yet.
Idah used get awful stick on here and has developed much quicker and than Parrott.
To be fair millwall are poor and this obviously doesn’t help 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:20am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

McNamara has looked decent in last two games,tidy on the ball, hopefully he keeps developing 

Quite funny how players develop in different ways. McNamara probably ahead of Lee O’Connor right now, Idah ahead of Obafemi, Knight ahead of Molumby. Just goes to show how important it is to go out and play.

Brining this back to Parrott, getting minutes makes him an option for us, even if he’s not lighting up the league. Good to see all these kids playing first team football 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Quite funny how players develop in different ways. McNamara probably ahead of Lee O’Connor right now, Idah ahead of Obafemi, Knight ahead of Molumby. Just goes to show how important it is to go out and play.

Brining this back to Parrott, getting minutes makes him an option for us, even if he’s not lighting up the league. Good to see all these kids playing first team football 

Agreed. You are right, players develop at different rates. I think Celtic should have loaned O'Connor to an Spfl side if possible. Mcnamara really benefitted play for st johnstone.

All minutes for Parrott will be beneficial. Harry Kane had loan spells at Leicester and Norwich which didnt go as plan. Part of the journey. Would love to see him break that duck sooner rather than later. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:31pm
Some players just adapt better to senior men's football as well. O'Connor looks like a player who is really suited to youth football but looks a bit lost playing with senior professionals. I think he'll be a late developer if he makes it at all. Could easily be playing in the LoI in a year or two.

McNamara was less of a standout at underage level but has made the jump to senior football look easy. Did well in League 2 last season, made a small step up in terms of playing SPL this season and stood out again and now looks ready for the Championship.

Unfortunately Parrott is in the O'Connor category so far - a standout underage player who is struggling against senior pros. However he is still very young so hopefully the Millwall experience brings him on in the longer term. Absolutely no guarantee that he will make it though. I'd leave him with the Under 21s for Ireland for now, I don't think he has done enough yet to be a regular in the senior squad.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:44pm
The expectations on here simply are not in touch with reality at times. He is an eighteen year old playing on the left wing for a long ball side, the fact he hasn't scored in his handful of appearances so far is obviously disappointing but it is hardly massively surprising given the situation. It is certainly not enough to suggest he is "not coping with senior mens football". Ditto for all the talk of O'Connor, who has played 16 league games so far this season but you would think had not kicked a ball with all the fatalistic talk of his loan spell.

It looks at times like the default expected career trajectory on here for all our young players is to go out on loan at seventeen or eighteen, set the world alight, and then establish themselves as a first choice at their club by eighteen or nineteen. Anyone who fails to achieve this bloated standard is then written off as stagnating/wasted talent/unable to make the step up/et cetera

Edited by Wes_Wanderers - 13 Jan 2021 at 1:31pm
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Some players just adapt better to senior men's football as well. O'Connor looks like a player who is really suited to youth football but looks a bit lost playing with senior professionals. I think he'll be a late developer if he makes it at all. Could easily be playing in the LoI in a year or two.

McNamara was less of a standout at underage level but has made the jump to senior football look easy. Did well in League 2 last season, made a small step up in terms of playing SPL this season and stood out again and now looks ready for the Championship.

Unfortunately Parrott is in the O'Connor category so far - a standout underage player who is struggling against senior pros. However he is still very young so hopefully the Millwall experience brings him on in the longer term. Absolutely no guarantee that he will make it though. I'd leave him with the Under 21s for Ireland for now, I don't think he has done enough yet to be a regular in the senior squad.

O'Connor has played 19 times for Tranmere this season - would hardly say thats struggling.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:32pm
seems like o'connor doing pretty well at tranmere. disappointed parrott hasn't been able to get a goal or assist in 10 games in the league but the first team football will serve him well hopefully. agree that the expectations were a little over the top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm
It's still a great learning experience for him, no matter how it works out. He's playing and adapting and he's still only 18.
Could be a big wake up call for him - big difference between u23 and senior football.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:03pm
He was never going to bang in goals after that over the top video they made when he signed.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:14pm
People writing off an 18 year old inexperienced kid is fckin pathetic. There are some serious arseholes on this forum.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 250>
  Share Topic