You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

starts again today. Hopefully puts his name on the scoresheet

starting 2 games in the run after injury is very good news and a good sign the manager has faith in him. A good 20-25 starts this season will be very good for his development.

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks to have an extra half second when on the ball. That coupled with talent he has he’ll have a very good career if he’s willing to learn and if luck with managers / injuries go his way.

Football is full of wonder kids who disappear early twenties and plenty of top class players who were unknown until in their 20s. Troy has lots of time.

Brilliant I see highlights of the game during the week seemed to play really well and Millwall fans were kicking up a stink on Twitter he was taken off early. Needs to be eased in now and hopefully he can get at least 25 games under his belt they still have 30 games plus cup games etc to play.

Manager seems to really rate him and they aren’t exactly littered with attacking talent so it’s there for him. Wont score heaps of goals but even last week like you say had to drop deep do a lot of donkey work hold the ball up. Even if he’s stuck doing that and isn’t score many goals that would be a huge education for him for a lad his age it’s all about education. 
Sponsored Links

BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:08pm
Link here if anyone fancies watching Parrott: https://www.soccer24hd.com/game/match/3061/Birmingham-Vs-Millwall.html

(word of warning, it's one of those spammy stream websites with tonnes of popups, especially if you don't use adblockers - you were warned!)
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:23pm
Dreadful game apparently with little or no chances. It sounds like your typical Ireland game so at least he's getting used to it. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:28pm
Millwall are septic.

Parrott just came off for Smith. Surely it would have made more sense to have Parrott stay on with the big man. Anyhow, like Ireland, Millwall are devoid of creativity. Troy won't be doing much in this team as things stand. Goal chances will be few and far between.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:29pm
Got subbed off at 63mins. I only tuned in at half-time but in that 18mins I think I saw him get maybe one touch on the ball? (and that was just outside his own box) The standard of football overall looked pretty bad.

Edited by BippityBoop - 28 Nov 2020 at 4:30pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:31pm
Got an hour on the pitch and then subbed, game was very flat with a lot of long balls. 

Won't be a great day for irish players today. Would like to see molumby at Millwall to get them moving.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 5:58pm
Going by Twitter he did well the first half. They are very very one dimensional seemingly and I think they would miss their home crowd more then most their home support is very partisan. I have a friend he’s a Millwall fan for his sins and he said to me that he felt Molumby going back could have been the difference between them floundering in 10th or 11th and challenging for play offs again this year. They genuinely do seem to miss a bit of bite/quality in midfield. 

That’s something he is going to have to learn to make do with though and 60 minutes today is promising. Don’t forget he’s only getting fit so I was expecting him to be taken off. I suspect after another 2 games you may see him stay on for longer.

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Nov 2020 at 6:00pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:51pm
Blackburn v Millwall on Sky tonight.  Will watch if the Parrott starts.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is it i thought i seen sheff wed v reading
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm

I wouldn't be watching Blackburn v Millwall even if I was playing in it ....if I'm honest
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

I wouldn't be watching Blackburn v Millwall even if I was playing in it ....if I'm honest

Fair point

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:26pm

Starts
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:29pm
Should be interesting I see him maybe getting another 60-65 minutes tonight and if all goes well he start staying on longer after tonight. 

Would love to see him score as well would be great for him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:47pm
Is this on the red button or summat?

Could have sworn I saw this game being advertised as being live on sky tonight

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Dec 2020 at 7:48pm

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:55pm

Available on iFollow, with supporters needing to buy a Match Pass to watch the action from Lancashire. Priced at £10.

Would watch it if it was on Sky. My 3 month subscription for Now TV which I bought for the Nation's League games expires tomorrow. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:00pm

Ya it is. Im having a look now. Behind sky sports football tou can pick your game. Woeful stuff so far
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya it is. Im having a look now. Behind sky sports football tou can pick your game. Woeful stuff so far

Ah ok I don't have the red button

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ah ok I don't have the red button

Or a clue 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 250>
  Share Topic