Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 250>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone else think this is much ado about nothing? 
Most likely. He should probably keep a lower profile but he is hardly unique. Teenage boy who lives away from home gets loads of money and acts silly is very much 'dog bites postman'.
Sponsored Links

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:37pm

I actually don’t think so.

Compare him to the really good Irish players in the last 20 years who showed potential at an early age -  Keane, Dunne, etc.

Vast majority of them seemed to have their heads screwed on - seemed to retire with decent bank accounts, etc.

Parrott reminds me of stokes or Stephen Ireland. Obviously Mourinho spotted a problem too. Big 2 years for him. Really hope he does it and has the right attitude off the pitch as by all reports, he has decent talent. Looking forward to watching millwall to see how he does 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:40pm
Social media. Out of sight. Out of mind.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Compare him to the really good Irish players in the last 20 years who showed potential at an early age -  Keane, Dunne, etc.

Vast majority of them seemed to have their heads screwed on - seemed to retire with decent bank accounts, etc.

Parrott reminds me of stokes or Stephen Ireland. Obviously Mourinho spotted a problem too. Big 2 years for him. Really hope he does it and has the right attitude off the pitch as by all reports, he has decent talent. Looking forward to watching millwall to see how he does 
When those lads mentioned were 17 there was no social media and the money for lads coming through was much smaller. We have no idea what Robbie Keane was or wasn't up to, for example.
He is friends with the son of a Kinahan, possibly not the best company to keep but the overreaction is hilarious. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When those lads mentioned were 17 there was no social media and the money for lads coming through was much smaller. We have no idea what Robbie Keane was or wasn't up to, for example.
He is friends with the son of a Kinahan, possibly not the best company to keep but the overreaction is hilarious. 

Ah here - social media or not - Keane, duff, Dunne, etc had their heads screwed on as young lads and through their whole career (I don’t think social media destroyed stokes or Ireland’s career). 

That’s the difference - let’s not make excuses here. There’s alarm bells going off - Mourinho I hinted at it. The lad should cop on and keep his head down. Tbh even if it’s all innocent and that he doesn’t realise the attention these photos may bring on him - that’s even worse and for me indicates he mightn’t have the temperament to make it.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:10pm
Did Richard Dunne not nearly derail his career with his fondness for a drink in the early part of his career?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:14pm
Roy Keane liked a pint. 

Too many opinions here from people who haven't got a scooby.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Did Richard Dunne not nearly derail his career with his fondness for a drink in the early part of his career?

Talk about suiting arguments 😂.

Dunne and Keane liked a drink. But so did Robbie and duff. But that was the norm then.

What parrott is flaunting isn’t the norm even today. If anyone can’t realise that, they’re off their heads. That’s not even mentioning the fact the other lads did it on the pitch even in their teens when having beers. Parrott has done nothing yet on the pitch. I actually give up giving the above comparisons 😂
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:24pm
One of the best footballers in the world has been accused (on more than one ocassion) of committing sex crimes. By comparison,I think Troy taking a few pictures with the son of a drug dealer probably isn't a great reason to write him off as a lost cause...
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Talk about suiting arguments 😂.

Dunne and Keane liked a drink. But so did Robbie and duff. But that was the norm then.

What parrott is flaunting isn’t the norm even today. If anyone can’t realise that, they’re off their heads. That’s not even mentioning the fact the other lads did it on the pitch even in their teens when having beers. Parrott has done nothing yet on the pitch. I actually give up giving the above comparisons 😂

The optics of Parrott's association with these lads aren't great to say the least.

You brought Dunne into the conversation. As I said, his social life nearly cost him a career at the top level. Luckily, he saw sense and eventually managed to get his head screwed on.

Hopefully, Parrott can show the dedication and professionalism (of which we haven't heard is in doubt yet, despite Mourinho insisting he "isn't ready") needed to match his undoubted potential.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:30pm
nobody said to write him off. But my money is he’ll go the stokes/ Ireland route unless he cops  on. Mourinho who knows him better than us on here hasn’t been happy with him off the pitch.

We’ll see - big 2 years - hope he cops on and does it on the pitch anyway 

Edited by Wheelo - 13 Aug 2020 at 9:30pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:33pm

nobody said to write him off. But my money is he’ll go the stokes/ Ireland route unless he cops  on. Mourinho who knows him better than us on here hasn’t been happy with him off the pitch.

We’ll see - big 2 years - hope he cops on and does it on the pitch anyway 

So you're writing him off then LOL

Hopefully he can prove Mourinho wrong. Would be very interested to know if Mourinho's criticism is warranted or not. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

One of the best footballers in the world has been accused (on more than one ocassion) of committing sex crimes. By comparison,I think Troy taking a few pictures with the son of a drug dealer probably isn't a great reason to write him off as a lost cause...

He was pictured drinking with Sean Little who was shot dead, Sean's friends were also shot dead.

Nobody is writing him off as a lost cause.

Edit: well maybe wheelo is

Edited by horsebox - 13 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He was pictured drinking with Sean Little who was shot dead, Sean's friends were also shot dead.

Nobody is writing him off as a lost cause.

Edit: well maybe wheelo is

So what, if you're friends with someone who is killed that makes you somehow "tainted by association"? LOL Come on now, have you ever heard the likes
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:17pm
I'm not going to lie, it pissed me off reading the contemporary accounts of how Robbie Keane would "ingeniously" get around Trapattoni's alcohol ban while Andy Reid was made into a scapegoat for messing around with a guitar. Which one is supposed to be setting an example to the rest of the group?

I have my qualms with Trapattoni and O'Neill but they definitely fostered a more competitive and professional atmosphere in the group. I sincerely hope that the more senior players don't play on Stephen Kenny's lack of experience and polite nature like they did with Kerr and Staunton.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:30pm

Ah here - social media or not - Keane, duff, Dunne, etc had their heads screwed on as young lads and through their whole career (I don’t think social media destroyed stokes or Ireland’s career). 

That’s the difference - let’s not make excuses here. There’s alarm bells going off - Mourinho I hinted at it. The lad should cop on and keep his head down. Tbh even if it’s all innocent and that he doesn’t realise the attention these photos may bring on him - that’s even worse and for me indicates he mightn’t have the temperament to make it.
Had they? Dunne, as has been said, certainly didn't. He was bringing his mates over on the beer. This wasn't just liking a drink, this was, I believe, being told by Kevin Keegan to either cop on or you won't have a future.
Robbie, with the greatest of respect to him and his achievements, was looking an eejit on social media not long ago. Sure, bizarre films of himself in the gym and the like might not be the worst thing in the world, but to be managing to look a pillock in his late thirties leads me to believe he probably wouldn't have been great at 17 either. He has always enjoyed the limelight, not that there's a huge amount wrong with that, especially once it is backed up.
Duff seems a sort of a boring chap and reasonably level headed.

Regardless of all that, the likelihood here is that this Kinahan lad is probably hanging on to Troy rather than the other way around. I would be fairly certain that a 17 year old with a wad of cash isn't going to be short of companions. He certainly needs to be careful with who they are, but it really seems like people are getting all Helen Lovejoy over very little. I would nearly love to see him caught with a posse of Russian hookers and a kilo of what made Colombia famous just to see the reaction.LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:35pm

Had they? Dunne, as has been said, certainly didn't. He was bringing his mates over on the beer. This wasn't just liking a drink, this was, I believe, being told by Kevin Keegan to either cop on or you won't have a future.
Robbie, with the greatest of respect to him and his achievements, was looking an eejit on social media not long ago. Sure, bizarre films of himself in the gym and the like might not be the worst thing in the world, but to be managing to look a pillock in his late thirties leads me to believe he probably wouldn't have been great at 17 either. He has always enjoyed the limelight, not that there's a huge amount wrong with that, especially once it is backed up.

Regardless of all that, the likelihood here is that this Kinahan lad is probably hanging on to Troy rather than the other way around. I would be fairly certain that a 17 year old with a wad of cash isn't going to be short of companions. He certainly needs to be careful with who they are, but it really seems like people are getting all Helen Lovejoy over very little. I would nearly love to see him caught with a posse of Russian hookers and a kilo of what made Colombia famous just to see the reaction.LOL

As long as it's not Starbucks the coffee purists on here will be happy. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:44pm

As long as it's not Starbucks the coffee purists on here will be happy. 
There's as much chance of there being cocaine as coffee in anything you get out of that place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 250>
  Share Topic