You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Turning down Celtic for Millwall would have been unthinkable a few years ago, but it just shows where Celtic's reputation has fallen to. He was 100% right to choose Millwall over them as well, more first team opportunities in a much stronger league.

Its not about Celtics reputation. Its about playing opportunities. He wud get limited time at Celtic pure and simple. 

Or maybe he just didn't want to play for a manager whose football tactics basically amount to kicking man and ball and seeing which you can land further down the field in a dead end league that its players are all playing to get a move out of.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:33am

Turning down Celtic for Millwall would have been unthinkable a few years ago, but it just shows where Celtic's reputation has fallen to. He was 100% right to choose Millwall over them as well, more first team opportunities in a much stronger league.

Its not about Celtics reputation. Its about playing opportunities. He wud get limited time at Celtic pure and simple. 

Or maybe he just didn't want to play for a manager whose football tactics basically amount to kicking man and ball and seeing which you can land further down the field in a dead end league that its players are all playing to get a move out of.

You obviously haven't watched Celtic play,

He could have been part of a historic 10 in a row.

He probably would have won a league and cup medals, played in the CL and or EL, but choose to stay closer to the nightlife in London.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:36am
Was there anything more than paper talk to suggest Celtic was on the table at all?

Granted, Celtic were after Ajeti, who had a PL season that wasn't a great deal better than Parrott's, so I don't think it can be assumed he'd sit on the bench up there.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:12am
his agent pointed him towards millwall is what i took from the reports 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:18am
Millwall is a far better move for him than Celtic. Even if the football is a bit agricultural, he is going into a fairly solid set up. Once he shows some heart and makes an effort the fans will get behind him. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:20am
how many great white hopes for Ireland have disappeared by the time their 20. Check out Andy Turner lads?
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:36am
By the law of averages we are due a top class player. We've got some good players in the team but we haven't had a star player since Keane. 

No reason why one of the young players coming through coudnt fit the bill.

I would say Parrott looks a naturally gifted player from what I've seen. But of course so was ravel Morrison 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

By the law of averages we are due a top class player. We've got some good players in the team but we haven't had a star player since Keane. 

No reason why one of the young players coming through coudnt fit the bill.

I would say Parrott looks a naturally gifted player from what I've seen. But of course so was ravel Morrison 

I don't think it's the law of averages at all, but I hear what yer saying.

Our underage setup has come on leaps and bounds and we seem to be able to compete with most teams these days at all the levels from U15 to U21.

The likes of Connolly, Idah, Molumby, Smallbone and Obafemi are the start of this new flow of players but I feel we have better and more coming up behind.
I'm thinking Hodge, Ebosele, Zefi, Kilkenny & Cassidy to just pull some names from the air without much digging, and plenty more we can name with just a minute or two's research.

What Kenny said about there being no breakthru' players since Jeff and Brady 9 years ago was a wake-up.
I expect the next 9 years to be the opposite of that.

Edited by Fozz - 31 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

how many great white hopes for Ireland have disappeared by the time their 20. Check out Andy Turner lads?

It's a long long list. Probably worthy of a thread. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:06am
And it's equally long in every other country. Ireland is not unique as much as we might want to believe. There's no reason to be more/less optimistic about Parrott fulfilling his potential simply based on the fact he's Irish. We can only go based on what we've seen, and so far I'd say it's been fairly encouraging.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He probably would have won a league and cup medals, played in the CL and or EL, but choose to stay closer to the nightlife in London.

Bit harsh to presume he’s playing in Millwall for the nightlife Jesus. Strong rumours that Spurs want him Skipp and a few other younger lads earmarked for loans to remain in London ideally. be better off at Millwall at his age game time and learning his trade is the main concern and he’s more likely to get that at Millwall than Celtic. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Bit harsh to presume he’s playing in Millwall for the nightlife Jesus. Strong rumours that Spurs want him Skipp and a few other younger lads earmarked for loans to remain in London ideally. be better off at Millwall at his age game time and learning his trade is the main concern and he’s more likely to get that at Millwall than Celtic. 

I hear he likes the sauce and his legs have gone
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:47am
Parrott and Molumby are two of our best young players. Both have massive potential. 

Playing in the same team could potentially be invaluable to the Irish team. You learn how the other player like to play, how the like to receive the ball etc.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:51am

Parrott and Molumby are two of our best young players. Both have massive potential. 

Playing in the same team could potentially be invaluable to the Irish team. You learn how the other player like to play, how the like to receive the ball etc.

Molumby is back at Brighton 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:52am

Is molumby not going back to Brighton for next season? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:14pm

Or potentially start every week for Millwall and not have to move from his home in London as opposed to being 3rd or 4th choice at Celtic?

Its a no brainer to pick Millwall over Celtic at this stage of his career where he needs to be playing week in week out, I've  no idea how you can't see that.

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Aug 2020 at 12:15pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:25pm
Good news.  JM will not help him develop so regular football in a competitive league would be better for him.  He needs to put his head down and work hard. Talent will only take you so far.   
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:47pm
There is some talk of Molumby going back for a second season at Millwall, might just be wishful thinking from the Millwall fans.

I think a decision will be made after pre season once Brighton get an idea of their squad and whether he's in their plans for next season or not.

I'd rather he tried for game time in the EPL now because I think he's ready, but I can see the benefit of another year of guaranteed first team football and linking up with Parrott at Millwall as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 250>
  Share Topic