You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 251>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

f**king hell! People are getting awfully excited because a kid didn't get a run out!LOL

That's how desperate we are LOL Its going to be a long few months until March, then more giving out until the Euros are over and to top it all off having to watch norn Ireland play in the Euros at the Aviva.
I'm away to the pub 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

f**king hell! People are getting awfully excited because a kid didn't get a run out!LOL

That's how desperate we are LOL Its going to be a long few months until March, then more giving out until the Euros are over and to top it all off having to watch norn Ireland play in the Euros at the Aviva.
I'm away to the pub 
The Euros will be over in March, so you needn't worry yourself too much on that front!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:33pm
And for all that, people are still forgetting who we have in charge of our team. If Parrott had scored a hat trick V Bayern (and Connolly scores one in every game from here to March) , Mick would likely pick McGoldrick anyway. 

Other than injuries, the only changes Mick has made for the entire campaign has been swapping Hourihane & Browne around for Swiss away, and changing the right winger depending who is (was going to say in the best form, but that's not quite true) in the least worst form at the time. He even avoided making a decision between Hourihane & Browne in the last game by picking both of them with Whelan & Hendrick V Denmark. 

Don't think MON ever really knew what his best team was at any point, but by a mix of experience or luck, got it right occasionally. Mick is as conservative as Trap was selection wise, bar right wing & Hourihane/Browne, everyone else has somehow assumed undroppable status.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

And for all that, people are still forgetting who we have in charge of our team. If Parrott had scored a hat trick V Bayern (and Connolly scores one in every game from here to March) , Mick would likely pick McGoldrick anyway. 

Other than injuries, the only changes Mick has made for the entire campaign has been swapping Hourihane & Browne around for Swiss away, and changing the right winger depending who is (was going to say in the best form, but that's not quite true) in the least worst form at the time. He even avoided making a decision between Hourihane & Browne in the last game by picking both of them with Whelan & Hendrick V Denmark. 

Don't think MON ever really knew what his best team was at any point, but by a mix of experience or luck, got it right occasionally. Mick is as conservative as Trap was selection wise, bar right wing & Hourihane/Browne, everyone else has somehow assumed undroppable status.

Ya but in fairness to Mick he brought Connolly on against Georgia and started him against the swiss in 2 competitive games  . He played Parrott in a meaningless game against New Zealand . But at least he gave him some game time . 
I don't think anyone could question Mcgoldrick's place in the team 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:40am
Wasn't intending to question McGoldrick's place, it's well deserved - along with Duffy & Randolph, he has been one of our best players in the campaign (when fit to take his place). But if we accept he keeps his place, where do Parrott & Connolly come in ? A second striker only plays in a 442 or 352, both of which Mick, in his wisdom, has repeatedly ruled out. 

I'd have the opinion Connolly would be best suited to us on the left of a front 3 (where Stephen Kenny plays him), but McClean is undroppable, so he won't be going there either. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but I genuinely think people aren't seeing how much of a corner Mick has backed himself in to with selections. 

By the way, in the unlikely event we somehow qualify, we have all of 2 scheduled games in June before the show kicks off, maybe they will squeeze in a third game somewhere at most. For all the talk on here about Parrott, Molumby, Cullen, Connolly etc, what are the realistic chances of any of them becoming first team choices for us at the Euros ? I'd say its a lot closer to zero% than 100% under this manager. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 1:43am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Wasn't intending to question McGoldrick's place, it's well deserved - along with Duffy & Randolph, he has been one of our best players in the campaign (when fit to take his place). But if we accept he keeps his place, where do Parrott & Connolly come in ? A second striker only plays in a 442 or 352, both of which Mick, in his wisdom, has repeatedly ruled out. 

I'd have the opinion Connolly would be best suited to us on the left of a front 3 (where Stephen Kenny plays him), but McClean is undroppable, so he won't be going there either. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but I genuinely think people aren't seeing how much of a corner Mick has backed himself in to with selections. 

By the way, in the unlikely event we somehow qualify, we have all of 2 scheduled games in June before the show kicks off, maybe they will squeeze in a third game somewhere at most. For all the talk on here about Parrott, Molumby, Cullen, Connolly etc, what are the realistic chances of any of them becoming first team choices for us at the Euros ? I'd say its a lot closer to zero% than 100% under this manager. 

I agree, if we do qualify I don't think Mick will make many changes or none . It will be under Kenny before we see any of these younger players come into the fold. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:00am

Crazy. The chaps 17 ffs!
Some people just deserve a slap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Crazy. The chaps 17 ffs!

I'd like to his passport. I think he's a banger.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Crazy. The chaps 17 ffs!

People are acting like it was make or break for his career if he got 8 minutes standing up front chasing balls in the channel in a dead rubber of a game against Bayern Munich

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:36pm
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-mourinho-closes-door-on-tottenham-player-exit/

Seems they want to get a new contract signed and I'd imagine the door would then open up for a loan spell.
All good news as far as I can see.
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:56pm
Linked with a loan move to Doncaster rovers 
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:51pm
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-ready-incomings-and-outgoing-january-approaches-1351331

"His place in the squad is set to be filled by the Premier League loanee who has an excellent scoring record for his club at age group level. He has made one senior appearance and been an unused substitute in the top flight on several occasions.

The teenager has also scored regularly at age group level for his national team."

Matches both Idah and Parrott.

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-ready-incomings-and-outgoing-january-approaches-1351331

"His place in the squad is set to be filled by the Premier League loanee who has an excellent scoring record for his club at age group level. He has made one senior appearance and been an unused substitute in the top flight on several occasions.

The teenager has also scored regularly at age group level for his national team."

Matches both Idah and Parrott.

Parrott has made 2 appearances and apparently he isn't available for loan. Matches Idah alright

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:58pm
Kane looked to pull his hamstring. Wonder if that changes the logic on Spurs loaning Troy. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:06pm
Son is coming back and he'll have Lamela. He won't be giving Parrott a chance I doubt 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:15pm
The plan before seemed to be to not loan him out but not play him either. I'd imagine that's still the plan, but with added new signings to further reduce the chances of him playing. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
Hope he pushes for a move away from Spurs. He’d be getting more game time anywhere else except for City and Liverpool probably. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:41pm
He has been treated like sh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 251>
  Share Topic