You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 250>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm
Only had about 9-10 mins on the pitch but got a few touches on the ball, looked composed and not a bit out of place. Will be interesting to see how he gets on against Bayern.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:23pm
Brilliant to see him get a few mins today and great stuff if he starts vs Bayern midweek Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:35pm
Premier League debut today, with his likely maiden Champions League appearance to come next week.

Is Mourinho's appointment still bad for his career?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 07 Dec 2019 at 7:36pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:13pm
Before this season started we discussed some of the players coming through for ireland on this forum. One of the players was parrott another Connolly. 

It was mentioned by some, if they would make first team appearances this season. Some dismissed this as stupid but the fact that they have both made premier league debuts before christmas, one has two goals and looks a first team player and the other will be making his champions league debut next week is beyond expectation.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:28pm
Well done Troy Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He will make a premier league appearance this season if he avoids injury
Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.

Bump.
AKA pedantic kunt
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:21pm
Great for Troy. And delighted for him and us. Hopefully his good run continues 
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:48am

Possibly, possibly not.

Spurs have now shifted Vincent Janssen and Fernando Llorente, so Parrott should get a move up the pecking order on that account.

But even then, VJ only made 3 x PL appearances last season, all from the bench, for a total of 36 minutes.
FL made a lot more, but only 6 x starts, all of them when Kane was injured. And although he was then 33 going on 34, this was a guy with 24 Spain caps and 3 x Serie A titles with Juve, the most recent 2015/16.

In the end, TP is still only 4th choice behind Kane, Son and Moura and there is always the chance Spurs will buy another, more experienced striker.

Bump.
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:37pm
He he can get a solid run of games going he could potentially start come the Slovakia play off. Could be a blessing it's not for another few months. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
He wont get a run of games but if he get some minutes here and there i would still have him involved. Think he could sniff out a goal if he gets half a chance.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:35pm
it really shouldn't need Parrott to be playing regularly for Tottenham for him to get a run in the playoffs, at least off the bench. Unlike Switzerland and Denmark, none of Slovakia, Bosnia and NI are particularly strong teams, if any of them were club sides in the Premier League they'd be relegation material. The fact that he's as close to the Spurs team as he is suggests he's ready for this level. 

It's Mick's last throw of the dice in March, it's time to drop the conservative approach and take a chance on the likes of Parrott, draws are no longer much or any use to us. Start Connolly and Parrott in March and go for it for a change. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Dec 2019 at 3:40pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:37pm

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Dec 2019 at 3:38pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

He he can get a solid run of games going he could potentially start come the Slovakia play off. Could be a blessing it's not for another few months. 

Connolly should be miles ahead in the pecking order. Connolly with McGoldrick playing off him should be what we go with in Slovakia.
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Connolly should be miles ahead in the pecking order. Connolly with McGoldrick playing off him should be what we go with in Slovakia.

I'd love to see this - McGoldrick is great at holding up the ball and with Connollys pace it could work out well. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:31pm
What’s the big deal with him getting the match ball at the end from Mourinho?
He’s bound to have loads of them in the house 

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What’s the big deal with him getting the match ball at the end from Mourinho?
He’s bound to have loads of them in the house 

Premier League Debut ball, one you might keep.

Mourinho said:

"It was his debut and I think it had a much bigger meaning to a kid who last week was playing against others his age in the UEFA Youth League," he added of the Dubliner. "Today he's playing in the Premier League at 17. Will he play against Bayern Munich? I don't know. All I can say is Harry Kane won't. Who plays, we'll see."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:05am
Be great if he gets the start against Bayern
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 2:58pm

Possibly, possibly not.

Bump.

The above was written by me when Poch was boss.

Now Mourinho is in charge, it's different, but only in terms of the optics.

For when he arrived, JM was very careful to emphasise how much he admired Spurs Academy etc - Levy had told him there's no money to spend on new players, and it ingratiates him with the fans.

So that when 5-0 up at home to Burnley, he could afford to send on a 19 y.o. (Skipp) with 15 mins to go, another 19 y.o. (Sessegnon) with 10 to go, and finally Parrott (17) with 5 mins to go.

Contrast that with the game at Old Trafford a few days earlier, when his subs were Lo Celso, Ndombele and Erikksen, or at home to Bournemouth the previous w/e, when his subs were Moura, Lo Celso and Winks.

Which is not to say it isn't a huge credit to Parrott - it clearly is, and as a Spurs fan, I was glad to see it. And who knows, he might even get a few minutes run out against Bayern on Wednesday - it's a dead rubber, and it seems as though Kane won't be selected (fatigue, injury risk etc).

But when you already have 3 outstanding strikers in Kane, Son and (the underrated) Moura, plus Dele pushing up front and scoring for fun, then I really can't see TP featuring at any stage in a any game which still has something riding on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 250>
  Share Topic