Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 250>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

the dutch league is ranked as the 13th best league in europe just above the bundesliga 2. So its actually
a very weak league.

I am surprised to see the championship ranked at 18th.

The gap between the premiership and the championship must be huge.

Where the f*ck do you pull this stuff out of? The Eredivisie is ranked as the 6th best league in Europe currently LOL
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:13pm

the dutch league is ranked as the 13th best league in europe just above the bundesliga 2. So its actually
a very weak league.

The 13th best league in Europe? Where are you seeing that?
I love beer gardens
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:04pm
a very weak league.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 7:38pm
https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1753500739974926569?t=qHmuOYtdLmv9_U57E9J97Q&s=19

Shocking marking but good to see Parrott in that area getting on the end of things. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Just scored

could become our top scorer.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 7:30pm
Just scored
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 9:20pm
Having another good game tonight against Utrecht, was unlucky with a chance or two just then, and the majority of attacking play for Excelsior is going through him.
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 3:57pm
I think Ireland typically only selecting players in England/Scotland is changing. The effects of Brexit are only starting to happen in recent years with players moving farther afield. And Kenny did have Cullen with Ireland while he was at Anderlecht, Johnson while in Portugal albeit on loan, and Ebosele in Italy getting some time as well. Before that it was rare though.

But it would be good to see Troy getting rewarded. He deserves it as you say.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 1:27pm
I'm not too worried about irish players getting championship experience. Yes it's a competitive physically challenging league that I'm a fan of but you get very good international players that do really well for their countries without setting foot in England.

Troy should easily be a part of out next squad with a decent role on merit for his performances this season. I would even advocate for the likes of Garcia-McNulty to get a call up as a LB option, but seems like our players who aren't in English or Scottish leagues get discounted as "playing in a poor league" but it's such a lazy argument a good player is a good player we need to be more imaginative and get the most out of our limited talent pool not create pointless barriers.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

The fact that Parrott is playing games and scoring goals will open doors for him, and he's still relatively young.

A Championship side might take him on a free.
f**k the championship, can't understand why some lads on here can't see outside the UK.

Because it's a very competitive league and you want to be competing at the highest level or close enough to it to maximise your own potential.

True..its probably one of the most intense leagues leagues in Europe. That said teams from within it have never done well in Europe - though its been 10 years since a championship team have been involved.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

The fact that Parrott is playing games and scoring goals will open doors for him, and he's still relatively young.

f**k the championship, can't understand why some lads on here can't see outside the UK.

Because it's a very competitive league and you want to be competing at the highest level or close enough to it to maximise your own potential.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 2:21am

Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 2:20am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads there is no way Parrot is playing for spurs in the front 3 while Ange is the manger.  He may have a chance as a backup to Maddison but that is a long way away too.  The front 3 is all about pace for Ange.

There is no reason why Parrot can't play in the premier league . Look at jesus and hojlund who play for arsenal and man united . They are terrible.
Spouting absolute nonsense if you think Parrot is on their level.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Hope he stays abroad than slugging it out in England

He’s had a few bites of the cherry in the league and hasn’t pulled up tree. Stay on the continent.

Agree with that. I don’t get the clamour for him to have another go in the Championship. It’s a tough league and he might not have the athleticism needed to succeed.

I’d rather he played his football where he can thrive, even if it’s not one of the more challenging leagues.

Yah would definitely prefer him to stay where he is or get a move to another decent European league. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 12:01pm
Yeah not sure the intensity of the Saturday-Tuesday 46 game championship season is suited to him at the moment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 11:22am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Hope he stays abroad than slugging it out in England

He’s had a few bites of the cherry in the league and hasn’t pulled up tree. Stay on the continent.

Agree with that. I don’t get the clamour for him to have another go in the Championship. It’s a tough league and he might not have the athleticism needed to succeed.

I’d rather he played his football where he can thrive, even if it’s not one of the more challenging leagues.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Block301 Block301 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads there is no way Parrot is playing for spurs in the front 3 while Ange is the manger.  He may have a chance as a backup to Maddison but that is a long way away too.  The front 3 is all about pace for Ange.

There is no reason why Parrot can't play in the premier league . Look at jesus and hojlund who play for arsenal and man united . They are terrible.
Gabriel Jesus - 113 goals in 289 games for Arsenal and Man City; 19 in 64 for Brazil - is a terrible player, and therefore Parrott - 4 goals in 48 games in two Championship stints - must be able to make it in the Premier?

Did you ever hear such crap?

Foden is a troll! Back under a new username.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 10:22am
If he is doing well for the rest if the season then you might get Feyenoord sniffing. They have taken players off of Excelsior over the years.
Some thing like that would be a great next step.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 250>
  Share Topic