FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 251>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:13pm
Biggest disappointment so far for me,  I be amazed if he even makes a good championship striker. Hope I wrong but cant see it
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:12pm
Never got the hype, don’t see anything at all remarkable about him. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

There really is a paucity of Irish players playing at even League 1 and League 2 level these days. Looking through the starting elevens, most teams don't have any Irish presence. Rochdale have more Irish players starting in the 3 o'clock kick-offs than the rest of the League 1 teams put together - and that probably has a lot to do with Brian Barry-Murphy managing them.

Desperate times!

You'd be complaining if there were too many players at that level then. And why is there an expectation that we will have an Irish presence on most teams? And is the LOI not fairly comparable to both levels (definitely League Two at least) and that is comprised almost entirely of Irish players. 

Honest to God..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Not accurate re League One, HH. Rochdale have six Irish starters ( Bazunu, O'Connell, McShane, Shaughnessy, Grant, Keohane) today, others had nine in total at first glance, not counting dual nationals eligible from NI or Christy Pym at Peterborough. A lot on the bench as well including the redoubtable Troy Parrott, who got a minute on the pitch today. Starters were : Portsmouth ( Raggett, Harness, Curtis ), Ipswich ( Judge ), MK Dons ( O'Hora ), Gillingham ( Bonham ), Oxford ( Kelly, Sykes ), Sunderland ( McGeady )

I was counting just the 3 o'clock kick-offs. Rochdale have more than the other 21 teams playing put together.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:56pm
Not accurate re League One, HH. Rochdale have six Irish starters ( Bazunu, O'Connell, McShane, Shaughnessy, Grant, Keohane) today, others had nine in total at first glance, not counting dual nationals eligible from NI or Christy Pym at Peterborough. A lot on the bench as well including the redoubtable Troy Parrott, who got a minute on the pitch today. Starters were : Portsmouth ( Raggett, Harness, Curtis ), Ipswich ( Judge ), MK Dons ( O'Hora ), Gillingham ( Bonham ), Oxford ( Kelly, Sykes ), Sunderland ( McGeady )

Edited by Green Cockade - 20 Mar 2021 at 3:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
There really is a paucity of Irish players playing at even League 1 and League 2 level these days. Looking through the starting elevens, most teams don't have any Irish presence. Rochdale have more Irish players starting in the 3 o'clock kick-offs than the rest of the League 1 teams put together - and that probably has a lot to do with Brian Barry-Murphy managing them.

Desperate times!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Hard to understand what a player who is only worth 3 minutes off the bench for a mid table league 1 team is doing in our senior squad to be honest.

He should be in the Under 21s developing his game alongside Mipo Odubeko and JJ Kayode.

Cause we've the worst squad in nearly 40 years and Kenny probably thinks it makes sense to blood potential youth, and probably also thinks his development is better served with the seniors.

Also, Who's missing out cause of Parrot's inclusion? I don't see the downside
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:07pm
I suppose everyone was clamouring for him to be in the squad previously because we all thought he'd be banging them in once he started playing regularly, and that would be better than any of our current options. 
I can't see Spurs playing him if/when he goes back to them, season isn't far from over, where do we think he'll be next season? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:03pm
Hard to understand what a player who is only worth 3 minutes off the bench for a mid table league 1 team is doing in our senior squad to be honest.

He should be in the Under 21s developing his game alongside Mipo Odubeko and JJ Kayode.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Parrott dropped to the bench today, not really surprised seeing as he touched the ball a handful of times in the last game.

I think he'll get 30 mins today though.

83 minutes gone, they've been behind for over 10 minutes, and Parrott's still rooted to the bench.

It's hard to put a good spin on this.

Are Ipswich playing hoof ball?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm

Parrott dropped to the bench today, not really surprised seeing as he touched the ball a handful of times in the last game.

83 minutes gone, they've been behind for over 10 minutes, and Parrott's still rooted to the bench.

It's hard to put a good spin on this.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Mar 2021 at 2:42pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Harness scores tho, is his paperwork approved, is he worth a call, there was good reports on him a while back?

Scores for the first time in a million years. Like most of our players he's a much of a muchness. Doesn't really offer us much more than we already have. 

he's the type of player who's really only going to get a call up if he goes through a patch of decent form.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:38pm

Harness scores tho, is his paperwork approved, is he worth a call, there was good reports on him a while back?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 12:15pm

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:17pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Did you pay to watch again?

Haha - I did McG... the goal over the weekend gave me hope.

You’d be better buying Connolly’s video!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:56pm

Haha - I did McG... the goal over the weekend gave me hope.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:49pm

We got ourselves a class A stalker 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:42pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 251>
  Share Topic