Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 9:08am
I would say wait and see.  Long trip back from Israel and extra time and penos and heart break of going out. He may have been given a break this weekend by Moyes. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 6:54pm
yeah but he wasnt even on their bench in the 2 premier league games before the break since some of their injured players have returned
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:05am
On the bench again last night in the Conference League despite 9 changes from the weekend and a further 4 subs were used, yet still no minutes for Conor. On the plus side they have 9 pts from 3 games, so should be qualified with games to spare, surely he will get some game time then, if not, he may move in January and probably permanently, he's 22 now.
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:43am
He's clearly not in Moyes plans.

He should follow in the footsteps of Cullen - cut his losses and find a club that will play him every week.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's clearly not in Moyes plans.

He should follow in the footsteps of Cullen - cut his losses and find a club that will play him every week.

Should take a leaf out of Cullen's book and consider Belgium for a couple of years if the possibility arises. West Ham will surely look to move him on next year while they can get something for him.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 6:58pm
Starting tonight.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 10:12pm
Was the second-best player in the game, according to BBC's ratings for what it's worth.

That's a pleasant surprise, as I'm not sure he could have been accused of dominating games against weaker opposition with our under 21s.  

Good to see - hopefully he kicks on from this with West Ham's continued involvement in various competitions.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 11:01pm
Good for him to get minutes tonight. Can see him getting into the squad next week 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 9:22am
Another impressive performance, looked calm and experienced.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 9:47am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Another impressive performance, looked calm and experienced.

Getting the games at the right time, should get another next midweek which gives him a great chance of making the November squad. 
Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 9:58am
He played well. Available for the ball and some nice progressive psssing, got stuck in well defensively. Had a good shot on goal but just missed the target.
It would be nice if he could get a January loan he needs games.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 10:05am
Hopefully it puts him in the shop window. Get a good loan and look for a permanent move in the summer. West Ham can extend his contract for another season so will likely look to move him on next season for a few quid like they did with Cullen.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 11:06am
I'm just looking at the career trajectory of Josh Cullen and comparing it to Conor Coventry. 
There is a 4 year age gap between the pair. JC had a cracking spell at Bradford in 16/17 but then had a poor season in terms of appearances the following year at Bolton (maybe there was an injury? I can't remember). When he turned 22, things really started to kick on for him on loan at Charlton. Coventry is now 22 and its time for him to push for a L1 loan again with a view to playing week in week out. I can see Moyes being happy enough to keep him local in case of injuries though.

Josh Cullen

2016–2017→ Bradford City (loan)40(1)
2017–2018→ Bolton Wanderers (loan)12(0)
2018–2019→ Charlton Athletic (loan)29(1)
2019–2020→ Charlton Athletic (loan)34(1)
2020–2022Anderlecht67(1)
2022–Burnley16(0)

Conor Coventry

2020→ Lincoln City (loan)7(0)
2021–2022→ Peterborough United (loan)12(0)
2022→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)20(1)
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 11:13am
He was awful against Viborg but he was better here. Don't think he has a future at West Ham but hopefully he gets another crack at the Championship after looking poor at Peterborough.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm just looking at the career trajectory of Josh Cullen and comparing it to Conor Coventry. 
There is a 4 year age gap between the pair. JC had a cracking spell at Bradford in 16/17 but then had a poor season in terms of appearances the following year at Bolton (maybe there was an injury? I can't remember). When he turned 22, things really started to kick on for him on loan at Charlton. Coventry is now 22 and its time for him to push for a L1 loan again with a view to playing week in week out. I can see Moyes being happy enough to keep him local in case of injuries though

At Bolton they were poor starting that season and he was dropped by Parkinson, who was his manager at Bradford too.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He was awful against Viborg but he was better here. Don't think he has a future at West Ham but hopefully he gets another crack at the Championship after looking poor at Peterborough.

LOL
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:25pm
I was wrong. 

He was so good against Viborg he wasn't seen again for two months until they had a dead rubber because they needed his experience on the bench.

He was so good at Peterborough, they allowed West Ham to cancel the loan and send him League One midway through the season because they weren't worthy of his awesomeness and his talents were more deserving of an MK Dons side challenging at the top of the table.

And he got a whopping 6.25 rating on WhoScored for his efforts for Peterborough the previous season. But I forgot, match ratings are only relevant when they're flattering to the player.

Young player had a rocky start to his career. He was better tonight. No need to start retconning the last two years of his career though. LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 Oct 2022 at 12:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I was wrong. He was so good at Peterborough, they allowed West Ham to cancel the loan and send him to MK Dons in League One midway through the season.

And he got a whopping 6.25 rating on WhoScored for his efforts for Peterborough the previous season. But I forgot, match ratings are only relevant when they're flattering to the player.

You stated he was "awful against Viborg" -

West Ham won the match 3-1.
He played 84 minutes.
He was rated 6 out of 10 along with most of his teammates in this review, which states he was "tidy".
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-player-ratings-vs-viborg-cornet-scamacca-europa-confrence-league-2022-b1019574.html%3famp.

Looks like they forgot to apply the HH grading system for players who don't meet blood purity standards Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
  Share Topic