You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:39pm
comes off after 84 mins. watched the first half and part of the 2nd, thought he was pretty decent overall, some nice passing kept it simple and kept it ticking in the midfield. tidy enough but not sure it was eye catching enough that he'll force his way into the team regularly, physically he seemed a little outmatched at times. will defer to anyone who watched the full game but id say about 6.5/10 or thereabouts
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:48pm

He looked decent in possession but West Ham gave away a decent few chances for shots at goal from just outside their box. I would’ve thought that part of CC’s job would be to close down that space. He was neat and tidy in possession though. 
El Puto Amo
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:26pm
Bang of pre season friendly off that game. Viborg finished 7th in the Danish Superliga. Think West Ham will regret big time if they're going into the season with Coventry and Downes as back ups to Rice and Soucek. Should have been all over Cullen with him going so cheap.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:31pm
And why would Cullen go back to West Ham to sit on the bench after leaving them for that very reason after donkeys years. He was long enough there. If they wanted him he'd know about it.
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:02pm
Same reason he turned down moves to La Liga and Bundesliga:

https://youtu.be/Lnrb8HnQvfU
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He looked decent in possession but West Ham gave away a decent few chances for shots at goal from just outside their box. I would’ve thought that part of CC’s job would be to close down that space. He was neat and tidy in possession though. 

I only saw the highlights but he looked very slow getting back into defensive positions around the box at times. Given it was his chance to make an impression, I'd have expected more than a jog from him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 3:03pm
Good to see Coventry make his first senior start for West Ham. He could start again in the next Viborg away match too with Rice still suspended. 
I just seen West Ham are trying to get Loftus-Cheek from Chelsea now, which would not be good for Coventry's game time at West Ham. 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I only saw the highlights but he looked very slow getting back into defensive positions around the box at times. Given it was his chance to make an impression, I'd have expected more than a jog from him.

his legs have gone
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Good to see Coventry make his first senior start for West Ham. He could start again in the next Viborg away match too with Rice still suspended. 
I just seen West Ham are trying to get Loftus-Cheek from Chelsea now, which would not be good for Coventry's game time at West Ham. 
you’d expect they’ll bring in a couple of midfield players for cover in the next few days. With 6 European games before World Cup break they’ve a lot of games coming up. Add in the 5 sub rule and he may get a bit if playing time if they don’t.

With the timing of the World Cup have there been any changes to the loan transfer dates?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 5:59pm
West Ham have been linked with Hans Vanaken, if they get him it would probably make sense for Coventry to go on loan.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 6:14pm
Isn't he an attacking midfielder. Even if West Ham brought in someone to compete with Coventry and Downes as back up to Rice and Soucek I doubt they'll loan him out until after the WC.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 5:54pm
On the bench this evening for the second leg.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 7:32pm
comes on as a sub after 68 mins
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 7:25pm
Doesn't make the bench today, hard to justify promotion to seniors if he ain't even making benches!
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Doesn't make the bench today, hard to justify promotion to seniors if he ain't even making benches!

I thought lads like him just cleaned the senior players boots, now they have them making the substitutes bench? No wonder he's not getting a look in. He must be exhausted.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 10:46pm
LOL
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 4:24am
in september for west ham he played 1 minute of football off the bench in conf league, now not even making the bench. he had a good spell at mk dons, he really needs to leave permanently in jan and get back to playing every week again
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

in september for west ham he played 1 minute of football off the bench in conf league, now not even making the bench. he had a good spell at mk dons, he really needs to leave permanently in jan and get back to playing every week again

Or at least on loan. MK dons would have been good again 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>
  Share Topic