Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

The attacking options England have at the moment is incredible. Maddison has moved ahead of him now aswel as Sancho, Sterling and Alli. He will do well to ever play in major championships with the likes of Foden aswel coming up behind him.

He'll play in this summer's Euros unless his form falls of a cliff.

He's better than Maddison

Wouldn't agree with that. Maddison looks like the more rounded player - the type that tend to be more suited to international football than the likes of Grealish.
He’s not fat at all!
Sponsored Links

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Grealish is a top player no doubt but better than Maddison ? Not a hope. Plus he cost Villa a cpuple of goals this season by getting robbed badly while in posesion something Southgate will be well aware of.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:54pm
Maddison is Ross Barkley II
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 3:18pm
Well if there's one thing that we learned from the last nations league is that the results ment f**k all as we still ended up in the play offs. Any one suspected of jumping ship should be called up to play in the autumn and if they don't play should be told where to go.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Maddison is Ross Barkley II

I totally disagree with you. He is a quality player and has shown it on a consistent basis.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 4:04pm
I've never been that impressed by Maddison all the way back to his Norwich days. I think Grealish probably is a better footballer, but therein lies a problem with choosing England; it doesn't really matter who's better because Maddison is more in vogue with the media, and thus he'll be the one who's picked.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Well if there's one thing that we learned from the last nations league is that the results ment f**k all as we still ended up in the play offs. Any one suspected of jumping ship should be called up to play in the autumn and if they don't play should be told where to go.

+1 on this... a good opportunity to try a new formation and get some players capped, not just to see if they are serious about ireland but to also give players like knight and molumby some competitive senior experience.

One of the only reasons Whelan, McLean and Hendrick will play in the playoffs is their experience.
Crosby87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crosby87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 6:01pm
Coventry reminds me of a young Ger Crossley.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Crosby87 Crosby87 wrote:

Coventry reminds me of a young Ger Crossley.

I take it in appearance  as opposed to style of play?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
Was there ever any issues with Crossley declaring for ROI?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:16pm

Grealish is a top player no doubt but better than Maddison ? Not a hope. Plus he cost Villa a cpuple of goals this season by getting robbed badly while in posesion something Southgate will be well aware of.

I enjoy watching Grealish, but i dont think he will have much of an England career, if he has any at all. He's a throwback to flair players of old. Good eye for a pass, flair player etc but lacking in his other contributions to the team. That'll only take him so far in the hyper-competitive Barclays Premier these days

I think grealish will get less than 5 England caps and will become a cult player of our time as one of those lads who was frustrating, talented, never got to show it at the elite level, but Mundial will be interviewing people in the Holte End 20 years from now about what he was like in his pomp.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Jan 2020 at 1:17pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I enjoy watching Grealish, but i dont think he will have much of an England career, if he has any at all. He's a throwback to flair players of old. Good eye for a pass, flair player etc but lacking in his other contributions to the team. That'll only take him so far in the hyper-competitive Barclays Premier these days

I think grealish will get less than 5 England caps and will become a cult player of our time as one of those lads who was frustrating, talented, never got to show it at the elite level, but Mundial will be interviewing people in the Holte End 20 years from now about what he was like in his pomp.
I think grealish is excellent it sickens me every time I see him play that Southgate turned his head.
He would have been a massive player for us.
Especially now that we can buy a goal he would have got us playing.
Lads used rave about Wes if grealish was brought on board when he should have been he would have ended up with double the caps wes had and treble the goals and that’s not a dig at Wes.

A way bigger loss than rice 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:22pm
Looks like he's going on loan to Lincoln

Like I said the last day, Lincoln have been linked with several Irish u21 players 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

Looks like he's going on loan to Lincoln

Like I said the last day, Lincoln have been linked with several Irish u21 players 

Interesting and he can link up with Elbouzedi there.
If they both started getting game time then it would be a team to watch.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 4:59pm
Played the full 90 mins for Lincoln.

Is that his 1st start in senior football?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:48pm
Starring for Lincoln again today with Elbouzedi on the bench, would be good if these two have a good 2nd half of the season 
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
as an English fan, I hope grealish gets in the squad now for the euros  with kanes injury,  hes a much better option than someone like ings. Rashford can play as the central striker,  with grealish as a wide option,  though we do have the possibility of a certain Jamie vardy.  You are right though, attacking wise, England have some incredible talent. Sancho, sterling , odoi, maddison,  rashford,  kane, grealish,  abraham.  Possibly only second to france
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:50pm

A class act Grealish
Far better than Maddison 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
  Share Topic