FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 2:06pm
A few interesting Irish bench appearances in the Premier League 3 o'clock games with Coventry on the bench for West Ham and Gavin Kilkenny as well as Ben Greenwood on the Bournemouth bench - three potential Irish Premier League debuts with the two Bournemouth lads and Ogbene on the Luton bench also.

Edited by You Tell Me - 12 Aug 2023 at 2:07pm
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 5:25pm
I've met Maher a few times, and he's around the same height as me - 6". He does look smaller than he is, which is strange but Shay Given was the same.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 5:10pm

Edited by J89 - 05 Jul 2023 at 5:24pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Wikipedia says Coventry is 5' 10" and Smallbone 5' 8" and heights are usually bumped up a bit on this sites.

They're frequently plain incorrect. Look at the team photos, Smallbone is a similar height to the like of Omobamidele, Doherty, Ferguson, Kelleher etc, so around 6'1/6'2, and a good few inches taller than 5'11 Alan Browne. Coventry looks a couple of inches shorter than Smallbone, so maybe 5'11/6'0.
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:55pm
Next bit of personal abuse will be a ban

Edited by nvidic - 05 Jul 2023 at 5:11pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:52pm
Wikipedia says Coventry is 5' 10" and Smallbone 5' 8" and heights are usually bumped up a bit on this sites.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Coventry, Kilkenny and Smallbone all the same age, 23, all lightweight physically.
And Knight, 22, also small, but there seems to be more fight in the dog.
I suppose Hodge, a few years younger, is currently viewed as the most likely to make an impact.

A lot of attributes have to come together to make a decent midfielder, let alone the next Roy.

Smallbone and Coventry are 6'0+, and Coventry is fairly well built - they're centre mids, that's nothing close to lightweight for that position?

Leightweight gets thrown about in relation to Kilkenny because he's short, but the physical side is not an area I would ever have said he struggles when watching him. He's combative and tenacious, his big issue seems to be a lack of consistency due to drifting in and out of games.
We're decent enough..
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:30pm
Coventry, Kilkenny and Smallbone all the same age, 23, all lightweight physically.
And Knight, 22, also small, but there seems to be more fight in the dog.
I suppose Hodge, a few years younger, is currently viewed as the most likely to make an impact.

A lot of attributes have to come together to make a decent midfielder, let alone the next Roy.

"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:16pm
Surprised there's been no rumours about Coventry. West Ham have to sell this season if they want to get anything for him.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Think they only extended his contract last season when he went out on loan so now only has one year left. They'll sell him on even for a tiny profit like 500k. Issue might be is if they need him for club trained quota when naming squads they'll keep him for the year as squad filler.

Ya but he did that last year tho at West Ham. He only got 7 appearances or 347 minutes out of 32 matches in all comps at West Ham. 
I think if he stays he will get similar numbers again at West Ham or hope he just might get more minutes if there would be injuries in the squad.
Didn't West Ham say he was free to leave last season or was that just, free to leave on loan?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 8:41pm
Think they only extended his contract last season when he went out on loan so now only has one year left. They'll sell him on even for a tiny profit like 500k. Issue might be is if they need him for club trained quota when naming squads they'll keep him for the year as squad filler.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:35pm
Yes I agree, Coventry needs to get away from West Ham and get his career going.
He didn't look out of place in the Championship with Rotherham on a half season loan. More than capable  at that level and hopefully he can get a move to a half decent Championship team and play a full season of regular football.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:27pm
happy to see him get his medal but really would like to see him leave west ham permanently now. nightmare scenario is they sell rice, keep coventry with the theoretical possibility of more minutes, then bring someone else in and hes back in the situation he was in first half of this season. hes certainly good enough for a solid championship move
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 11:19am
Nice for the lad to get a bit of shiny. Needs to kick on now and get himself a decent move. Did well on loan at Rotherham, so there should be interest. A Championship move will surely get him a spot in the senior squad.
Idah Dream!
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:27pm
he played 5 conference league games so more than entitled to his medal Clap
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:25pm
Played in the competition earlier in the season so gets a medal as he was registered for West Ham in it 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:23pm
Yeah got one there!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:23pm
Well he collected one anyway
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic