You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Near Death Experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Near Death Experiences
    Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm
Anybody come close to meeting their maker?

At 15, was an avid canoeist and was in a club. One Sunday, we were up the liffey and was paddling past a freshly fallen tree. The tree was just at the end of a weir so it created a current as the water smashed off it. Went to swerve around nonchalantly instead of ripping past it but the tail of the canoe got sucked towards and under i went. Couldn't pull my knees up to gtfo so panic set in and starting to struggle for breath and this point i was almost under the tree. One of the older beasts of a lad came to my aid. This guy must have been 20 stone in his canoe and pulled me up. Otherwise i was a complete goner. Havent been in a canoe since Ouch

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:49pm
My last 2 pregnant girl friends died in canoeing accidents.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My last 2 pregnant girl friends died in canoeing accidents.

LOL

Edited by Lenny82 - 08 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:36pm
Fell about 15 feet into the water when tubing (pub crawl in Laos) back in the day and a video shows I was about 6 inches from landing head first on a rock.

That was my closest

Edited by Shedite - 08 Oct 2018 at 4:36pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Fell about 15 feet into the water when tubing (pub crawl in Laos) back in the day and a video shows I was about 6 inches from landing head first on a rock.

That was my closest

A person a week or more was dying there during the height of it, looking back it wasn't hard to see how.

I believe it's completely changed now.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm
Tubing was good enough without the slide made with grout, or zipline or tree swing.
The dark side.. And the light
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
few of usdown in Margaret River (south of Perth) in a pub and got talking to 2 Aussie blokes who were f**ked from beer and gear. anyway end of night they offered us a lift home as they were staying in same camping site. we declined and went off on our way while they stayed on in the car park finishing their beers. 

anyway about 10 min into the walk and just passed a bad enough bend, i heard a car roaring down the road and i knew from the sound that they were travelling fast. car started to take the bend and the car hit the kerb, one of the lads shouted run, and the car launched itself into the air and started to flip multiple times and missed us by about 10 feet (if we didnt run we would have cleaned out of it). ironically enough they landed on their roof and in a disabled spot of a car park LOL ( must dig out the photo) 

we dragged the 2 lads out of the car and got them away from the car as it was pissing out fuel. ****s then tried to run off but he pinned them down until the cops came. 

so only for we ran we could have been killed and if we accepted the lift we could have been killed also! 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
Choked on a bit of steak about 4 years ago, couldn’t breathe, managed to dislodge it for a second to get a breathe in before it got stuck again. I ended up removing it myself but tore both sides of my mouth and also vomited LOLDead
The wife tried the heimlich but I was so panicked my body was stiff and she couldn’t do it correctly. 
Nearly passed out after it LOL

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

That was my closest

one of the best things ever about Laos and using an RPG to blow up cattle for $100 LOLLOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
When I was in primary school, I was in the shed when my da was mixing slurry-I passed out with the fumes. Dont know how close I was to it, but he had to give me CPR.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

When I was in primary school, I was in the shed when my da was mixing slurry-I passed out with the fumes. Dont know how close I was to it, but he had to give me CPR.

Did your da also get you to milk a cow blindfolded?
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Choked on a bit of steak about 4 years ago, couldn’t breathe, managed to dislodge it for a second to get a breathe in before it got stuck again. I ended up removing it myself but tore both sides of my mouth and also vomited LOLDead
The wife tried the heimlich but I was so panicked my body was stiff and she couldn’t do it correctly. 

LOL
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
On holiday when I was around 7/8 with the family. I was going around the edge of the pool just holding on. A kid around 10 pushed past me and i feel down into the deep end, there was a drop from shallow to deep. Nobody noticed at all, was under for a good bit panicking. My da noticed I had disapeared and had to jump in. Shook the fu*k outta him. Don’t think I really noticed how serious it was being so young. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

On holiday when I was around 7/8 with the family. I was going around the edge of the pool just holding on. A kid around 10 pushed past me and i feel down into the deep end, there was a drop from shallow to deep. Nobody noticed at all, was under for a good bit panicking. My da noticed I had disapeared and had to jump in. Shook the fu*k outta him. Don’t think I really noticed how serious it was being so young. 
What about the time you spotted a dog in Wroclow, you ran for your life that night
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

What about the time you spotted a dog in Wroclow, you ran for your life that night

That was a near death experience alright LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 7:13pm
I think i have said this before but a ripper of a storm in Northern Italy one night i was camping , heard a crack shot up put my hands over my head and a huge  trunk of a branch came right through the tent where my head was a second before . Took my sleeping bag and slept in the concrete toilets for the night . Getting married to the same women twice must come close also Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Did your da also get you to milk a cow blindfolded?
Was that you that texted Radio Ulster about Jimmy Saville? LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL

Made me think of this 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic