You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:45pm
As I have been so open, largely because I was hungover to f**k, although I am glad I was, has anybody every tried kicking the booze permanently? That has to be the next step, any tips? I know different things work for different people and I'm game to anything from AA to EST and acronymics anonymous.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As I have been so open, largely because I was hungover to f**k, although I am glad I was, has anybody every tried kicking the booze permanently? That has to be the next step, any tips? I know different things work for different people and I'm game to anything from AA to EST and acronymics anonymous.

they say smoking is harder to kick , I packed it in  during the week for 3 months, smoked at weekends before packing it in

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:07am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't let Drog's blasphemous tirade against Morrissey and the Smiths get to you PM. He knows not of  what he speaks. Wink

Codding aside hope you're feeling better. 
I listen to more of Marr and his solo stuff these days anyway. I find The Smiths cathartic though.

Smiths music cheers me up when I'm feeling down.

Re giving up booze (on another post by you) it gives me something to look foward today when I receive bad news like today for instance.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:34am
@pre Madonna thanks for the pm most appreciated.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
Anytime pal, you have my number too. Because I have spent most of my life ignoring advice I should have taken I'm actually not bad at it or, ironically enough, listening. 

I'm the first to complain if anybody starts taking a football forum seriously and am, to quote the Barenaked Ladies, "the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral", but I am genuinely grateful to those who have shown me support on here. I have a long way to go but I finally realised a common factor that I mentioned above; quitting the booze. Not the easiest thing to do, especially when we have two games this week. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:17am

Anytime pal, you have my number too. Because I have spent most of my life ignoring advice I should have taken I'm actually not bad at it or, ironically enough, listening. 

I'm the first to complain if anybody starts taking a football forum seriously and am, to quote the Barenaked Ladies, "the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral", but I am genuinely grateful to those who have shown me support on here. I have a long way to go but I finally realised a common factor that I mentioned above; quitting the booze. Not the easiest thing to do, especially when we have two games this week. 

This team would drive you to the drink. I'd advise you not to watch them!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
Good man PM. Brave of you and others to speak out Thumbs Up
I play the banjo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I play the banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:05am
Head is really, really f**ked. Been too heavy on drink the past few months, kicked off by something quite serious happening in the family, and started delving into drugs too which was a big mistake. Having a serious effect on my relationships and financial life and all starting to hit home with xmas coming up. Biggest eye opener was being called into a disciplinary meeting with work this morning after being late again Friday morning, and possibly being broke for the Christmas due to owing money from what I've gotten myself into. 

Feel like i'm on the verge of a mental breakdown and haven't a clue what to do, recently graduated with a good job and I can feel myself throwing it all away. any advice from anyone else on here would be greatly appreciated as I have kept this a bit of a secret to everybody else in the real world.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:42pm
Anyone on here know of any good ways of reliving stress that's brought on by anxiety. It gets so bad at times I'm waking in the middle of the night because of it and sleep pattern is destroyed
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:44pm
Go for a walk before bed. Can't go wrong Thumbs Up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:54pm
Exactly..... exercise and fresh air. Eat well (healthy).
Early to bed, early to rise.
Cut any “misery guts” out of your life.
But you need to talk one on one with someone about what’s on your mind, even if there is not one particular thing that is on your mind, and even if it means you ramble on for ages about nothing in particular.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:19am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Exactly..... exercise and fresh air. Eat well (healthy).
Early to bed, early to rise.
Cut any “misery guts” out of your life.
But you need to talk one on one with someone about what’s on your mind, even if there is not one particular thing that is on your mind, and even if it means you ramble on for ages about nothing in particular.

Keane has been removed. Check.

Ahhh, feel better already.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 6:26am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Anyone on here know of any good ways of reliving stress that's brought on by anxiety. It gets so bad at times I'm waking in the middle of the night because of it and sleep pattern is destroyed

As has been said on this thread you need to talk to family and friends talking about it has always worked for me getting problems off my chest.

I hope things improve for you soon.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:27am
Always find it helps to write down what's causing my anxiety and how to solve it, never as bad as I think.

Started playing squash lately and it's done wonders for me, always tried the gym but never enjoyed it so didn't go. Really enjoying the squash now and felt much better for it. 

Good to try find exercise you enjoy because nobody will stick with something they don't like, took me years to find it. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Always find it helps to write down what's causing my anxiety and how to solve it, never as bad as I think.

Started playing squash lately and it's done wonders for me, always tried the gym but never enjoyed it so didn't go. Really enjoying the squash now and felt much better for it. 

Good to try find exercise you enjoy because nobody will stick with something they don't like, took me years to find it. 

worked with an ex US Marine in Darwin and he used to preach this every friday morning at the prestart meeting. 
we would have about 300 construction workers in our section and he would hand out paper and pens to every single one of them. he would give them 5 minutes to write down all your issues and then go back to their locker and put the paper in it. He would say to them that he wants to cross off 1 or 2 of those issues the following week. the following Friday he would send the lads back to their lockers at a random stand down point in the day to get the paper. he would ask them to add to the list first and then cross off anything that they have put to bed. Morale on Site was excellent after about 6 to 8 weeks and a lot of people appreciated it. 

it is something i have used since with training hurling teams and it does work. Good suggestion nvidic i totally forgot to post about this before! Clap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

worked with an ex US Marine in Darwin and he used to preach this every friday morning at the prestart meeting. 
we would have about 300 construction workers in our section and he would hand out paper and pens to every single one of them. he would give them 5 minutes to write down all your issues and then go back to their locker and put the paper in it. He would say to them that he wants to cross off 1 or 2 of those issues the following week. the following Friday he would send the lads back to their lockers at a random stand down point in the day to get the paper. he would ask them to add to the list first and then cross off anything that they have put to bed. Morale on Site was excellent after about 6 to 8 weeks and a lot of people appreciated it. 

it is something i have used since with training hurling teams and it does work. Good suggestion nvidic i totally forgot to post about this before! Clap

No worries, always helps me sleep better! Know a few people who swear by it, albeit never heard of it for 300 people, that's good to hear.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

If its playing up at night try mindfulness before you sleep, Works well for me, Just search it into youtube and find the right one for you. Ive recently joined a gym, doing cardio a couple of times a week helps big time, afterwards I feel great and it helps me to sleep easier. Tough at times but you just got to keep going, even though it is brutal at times.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V23mbXssIQs&feature=youtu.be

Clap  Brilliant from Iain Lee (obviously a guy who has gone through stuff himself)

Keeps a guy who has taken an overdose on the phone while emergency services were been called.

A tough listen but as I said brilliant from Lee

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Dec 2018 at 2:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
  Share Topic