You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 34>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:34am
You constantly brought your job into things here, how else would we know you're a bus driver? You just love having a pop and aren't very bright. A dangerous mix online.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Absolutely fine today and walking home from work along the river helped. I was reading about last night and it seems common for people, regardless of underlying issues, to have a bad day in every four, or thereabouts. I think I have been quite lucky in that regard really. 

I would still murder a proper pint though, it would do a lot of good!
That the river by the park where all the barges do be parked up?
Yeah, I work in a village out along the river from there. It's nice along there.
Yeah i know the spot I’ve often sat down along the river there a very peaceful spot. A couple of pubs nearby aswell.
Yeah, the Green Dragon isn't great but has the garden by the river. The Haymakers is decent too, owned by a local brewery. You must be in Cambridge a bit to know out that far? 
I’ve been there loads of times doing coach tours and I’ve found a few good parking spots out that way and there’s a small co-op supermarket so it’s handy for getting stuff. I’ve been in some of the pubs but only for food there’s a pub across the road from the river has a pool table does food aswell but it’s very quiet.
Here we are, on the same thread, Trig  tells us his job...
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:40am
Good man Trig 😂
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:41am

You constantly brought your job into things here, how else would we know you're a bus driver? You just love having a pop and aren't very bright. A dangerous mix online.
Hmmm! I’m not a bus driver! You’re getting wrong information there! I’ve did a bit in the past alright and you asked me how i knew certain places in Cambridge.Once again you start throwing out insults on here. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:43am
So it was a job you did that you mentioned here in context, same as the poster you had an unnecessary  pop at. I didn't throw any insults either, just a relevant observation in the context. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:47am
That a boy Trig LOLClap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:59am

So it was a job you did that you mentioned here in context, same as the poster you had an unnecessary  pop at. I didn't throw any insults either, just a relevant observation in the context. 

After you asked me! i didn’t just come on and mention it 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:06am

I never asked you what you did, I merely observed that you must be in Cambridge a bit to know certain places. You felt the best way to respond was tell us you drove coach tours, and that's fine, but it is far less relevant to the conversation we were having than the one S&B is trying to encourage here.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:10am

Hmmm! I’m not a bus driver! You’re getting wrong information there! I’ve did a bit in the past alright and you asked me how i knew certain places in Cambridge.Once again you start throwing out insults on here. 
Did a bit?LOL 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:11am
Can we leave it at that lads? A stupid comment out of place in what I would say is an important thread. Leave it now. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Can we leave it at that lads? A stupid comment out of place in what I would say is an important thread. Leave it now. 
Agreed. I am certainly done. I just felt it was unnecessary to have a pop at someone trying to understand something complex. Sure, a football forum might not be the best place, but where is? It was a good post and deserved better than what it got.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Did a bit?LOL 
A bit of this and a bit of that!😂
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:16am

I never asked you what you did, I merely observed that you must be in Cambridge a bit to know certain places. You felt the best way to respond was tell us you drove coach tours, and that's fine, but it is far less relevant to the conversation we were having than the one S&B is trying to encourage here.
If you read back over S&B post there was absolutely no need to throw in his exact job title.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:19am

If you read back over S&B post there was absolutely no need to throw in his exact job title.

And what is the need for you to object to it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:30am
Lads, my honourable colleague has requested an end to this particular line of engagement a few posts back. 

I will give a final official judgement and any further posts will be deleted. 

Sorry Trig, S&Bs post was fine, in context and a good post. When he mentioned his exact job title he did so tinged with both a bit of seriousness and humour : “I'm a finance manager, the last person you want advising in any way on mental health!”

All he has done is show concern on how he could be helpful to people under his watch and is in fact to be commended. 

This is now at an end.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:44am
I don't think he did. I would be surprised if it was that vague. I also think it was thrown in to highlight his limitations concerned. I don't think being a 'finance manager' is a brag, it certainly didn't read as such. There was absolutely no necessity for anybody to mention their job on this thread, or any need for anybody to object to it either.

Anyway, back on topic...

S&B, following Matt Haig on Twitter isn't a bad place to start. He is an author and mental health campaigner. He normally gets through all the guff and argues that things need to change. He regularly makes the point that we are obsessed with mental health since this pandemic began, but we were already in a mental health crisis due to the modern lifestyle many lead, and have to lead, particularly in larger cities. Add that to continual underfunding, not to mention a lack of intelligent solutions, like New Zealand's brilliant recent advancement in having a mental health expert in every GP's surgery, and we will end up with a bigger crisis. I believe there will be a full blown mental health 'pandemic' within a few years, we were already in a crisis, unless there is serious change.

I think companies need to get involved in helping change that lifestyle. This pandemic should be a huge opportunity to reassess. It is probably optimistic to think that it could be applied here in Britain, given the propensity to repeatedly vote in governments that despise anyone that isn't a millionaire, but a look at the Nordic countries and companies and how they do things is a good place to start. They have a better work-life balance and have better productivity. 
Look at how you can adapt your own workplace while talking to your own staff about it. As Ringer said above, if you know one or two people are prone to difficulties it goes a long way to just asking them how they are doing. Asking that before asking about work will get a better response out of most people, as obvious as it seems!

The fact that you are thinking in this manner is probably as good a start as any!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:56am
Have heard good things about Matt Haig and the girlfriend just bought his latest book. It's fiction rather than non fiction but apparently has made a huge difference in people 's lives who suffer from depression and anxiety 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Have heard good things about Matt Haig and the girlfriend just bought his latest book. It's fiction rather than non fiction but apparently has made a huge difference in people 's lives who suffer from depression and anxiety 

What is the name of the book Mark? I know somebody who might appreciate a book like this.

Edited by drog addict - 20 Sep 2020 at 12:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 34>
  Share Topic