You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Don't want to go back, etc., but I quit my job today and the head is mashed, so any advice would be great.
Sorry to hear that PM. You just have enough of it and walk or without meaning to cross the line, did you have a meltdown and storm?

I have been hanging in there for months and my biggest regret is not making a bigger scene. Tory ****s! Doesn't pay my rent though!LOL
If it was getting to you that much then better off out of it, just a pity you couldn’t have had something else lined up before leaving. Hopefully something else comes up soon although its generally easier to get a job when you have a job. 

Have ,y own moments in work but thankfully, overall its fine and being overpaid and underworked helps.

The key is to go on paid stress leave and milk that before quitting.

PM take any job to stay in a routine and keep your head in order, be it stacking shelves in a Tesco or something similar. It won't be for long and as mentioned it's always easier to find a job when you already have one.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:56am
Thanks lads!

RB, mine has been awful. You cannot make up for the social interaction you get with people you love, or even like!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:14am

Thanks lads!

RB, mine has been awful. You cannot make up for the social interaction you get with people you love, or even like!

If you fancy a chat bud you know where I am.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:21am
RB , look it's the same for all of us as this lockdown has to have been the worst part of my life since i was long term unemployed 40 years ago .

Nothing to look forward to same old nothing week after week .

Now come Monday get out of the house and do something that brings you joy simple things as anywhere in your county is open to you , we plan to head down to Salthill in Galway and walk the Prom why because we can . Positive will always out weight negative as long as we are not talking about football Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:21am
Cheers,  DM!Clap
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:38am
sh*t to hear that PM. Hope you get sorted soon. A short break before looking again isn't the worst. Don't hit the bottle too hard though! Sometimes things like this happen and work out great in the end so don't be too despondentThumbs Up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm
Sorry to hear all that, PM. Really hope that the break will lead on to better days. If you weren't enjoying the job anymore, that will hopefully be a weight off your shoulders as time passes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:47pm
Thanks  lads, it's amazing how much a few comments mean when you're struggling! It really does help.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
keep at it pm,hope the new job when it arrives suits you well.
Lockdowns been tougher on some, especially the oft forgot folks with mental health difficulties.
Been trying to manage my lad, 20 now, away at college, adhd and severe anxiety issues, not easy but we crack on, best of luck pal I hope you ease into a cushy one!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
Enjoy the Guinness in your jocks PM Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
Best of luck finding a new job and keep the chin up PM Thumbs Up
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:35pm
thanks for sending me the pics of you in your jocks PM. Very Finnish of you.  
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:52pm
Got made redundant two years ago from a job I didn't really care about obviously not the same as quiting but I often found I needed that push to focus on what I wanted to do work wise my advice PM is use this as an opportunity to either work towards the job you want or seek out that job now.

Either way looking forward to a lot more of your entertaining arguments on here. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:24pm
best of luck PM and to cheer you up I have rescinded your banning from the Xmas ybig London do for sl*gging UFO 

As Borussia suggests maybe a week away somewhere now that the Uk is opening up a bit 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:00am
Best of luck PM

What you gonna do after watching the Jack Charlton YouTube clips? 
Watch a bit of TOWIE or some champions league reruns from this seasons group stages, or post a video on tiktok I suppose?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

best of luck PM and to cheer you up I have rescinded your banning from the Xmas ybig London do for sl*gging UFO 

As Borussia suggests maybe a week away somewhere now that the Uk is opening up a bit 
I would prefer if that ban was kept in place! I'm also not sure that I can afford a holiday now, I am debating my pub booking on Monday as it is.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 1:00pm
Probably better places to put it, or say it, but it's one o'clock, I have been drunk since Wednesday, and I am struggling. I know I'm a **** and I know this is looking for sympathy, but sometimes I like sympathy. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 1:03pm

Probably better places to put it, or say it, but it's one o'clock, I have been drunk since Wednesday, and I am struggling. I know I'm a **** and I know this is looking for sympathy, but sometimes I like sympathy. 

Have you been onto the doctor? Sounds like it's the hospital you need. A friend of mine was in a similar place two months ago, drinking morning to evening and in a bad place with depression. He went to the doc who got him into the hospital to get all the sh*te out of him. In a much better place now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
  Share Topic